Where do you get your books from?

Where do you get most of your books from

• Brand new from the Store

• Brand new from the internet (like Amazon)

• Used from the internet (like EBay)

• Used from a consinment store (like Goodwill)

• From the Library

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheGoofster

Old Foggie
We've had a few different threads about books, and I got to wondering, where most people get the books they read from. I thought it might be interesting to ask it as a poll question. So let's find out.
Do you get your books from:
Brand new from the store
Brand new from the internet (like Amazon)
Used from the internet (like EBAY)
Used from a consignment store (like Goodwill)
The library

Usually Amazon, but I also belong to a Book Club, which wasn't one of the choices.

I buy most of my books... BJ's, Barnes and Nobles. I try the library but usually cost me more because i am horrible at returning them!

I usually buy them from the store and every now and then donate them to either the library or a local charity book sale.

Anywhere I can get them. Our countywide library system has a yearly book sale. The event is so big that a few years back it was necessary for them to hold the sale at our local roller skating rink rather than at the main library branch. It is a 3 day long sale. Everything is well organized and all books are sorted according to genre. Hardback and paperback books are 2 for $1. Every year I come home with bags of books. My DH insists I will never read through them all, but I usually do. The final day of the sale you pay $1 per bag(fit as many books as you can in a grocery bag). Its great for someone like me who loves to read. Most of the books that I buy, I end up donating right back to the library for the next years sale.

I often buy new releases from Walmart or Costco. Our library is pretty good for new release hardback, but doesn't carry paperbacks. I just joined http://www.paperbackswap.com a couple weeks ago and have gotten a lot of new-to-me books from there recently with good results (and very affordable price).

Borders bookstore. In fact, I'm going there tomorrow...they e-mailed me a great coupon this week!!

We never, ever get books from the library (it's been at least 5 years since we checked out a book). For us, it's just easier to buy them at the bookstore, rather than going back to the library to return them.

Pretty much all of the above would have been my best answer, except for the library, like a previous poster, I'm so bad at returning them on time, I might as well buy them. I also frequent a great web site http://www.bookcrossing.com/ where people discuss books (and LOTS of other things) have book exchanges and release books into "the wild" I've left books for people to find all over the place, and it's fun when they're "caught" and people make a journal entry on the site. I've had books that have traveled all over the world.

I enjoy shopping at Border's, and I order from the internet. :)

I borrow most of the books I read from the library

When I do buy books I buy them from the library using the 40% employee discount

Since I work in a library, I get most of my books there. For gift giving occasions, I ask for books from Amazon or Barnes and Noble online.

Interesting replies. I've noticed that there aren't too many that voted for Thrift/consignment stores. I have close to 500 books in my collection now, and most have come from thrift stores. True that the books aren't always in the best of shape, but for the most part they are in pretty good shape, and when you consider that most of them only cost about 49 cents, it's hard to complain. In fact, for me, hunting down books at these thrift stores is half the fun.
During the past few years, I have found almost all of the books from:
Grisham, Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, James Michener, and Michael Crichton as well as many books from:
Dean Koontz, Agatha Christie, Lilian Jackson Braun, Terry Brooks, James Patterson, Steven King, and many more.
I know it's not the most elegant place to look, but for me, it really is fun.

Zooba!

I have a list and every month they send me the next book on the list. I'm billed $9.95 per month. I have only large print books on the list, so that Mom can read them first, then I do.

minniecarousel said:
Zooba!

I have a list and every month they send me the next book on the list. I'm billed $9.95 per month. I have only large print books on the list, so that Mom can read them first, then I do.
I've never heard of this. Does it work like Netflix?

Another great source for books.... yard/garage sales!

My DD and I both stock up when we can.

I usually buy new books from Books A Million, Barnes & Noble or Waldenbooks. However, some older books I get from this great used bookstore that we have in town. I trade some of my books that weren't that great and feel like I am getting books for free (even though of course they are not)

I usually get my books from our local discount bookstore. I just picked up seven new books for under $30.00 thanks to their buy two get one free.

Mostly from the library. We have a fantastic library and I read about 3 or 4 books a week.
I'm there every week, so I usually never have any problem returning them.

I also buy new, most of the time from Barnes & Noble. I always ask for B&N GC for birthdays and Christmas. :love: the bookstore!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter