You're Feeling Peckish But Don't Know What You're In The Mood For

• I'll Generally Go To Downtown Disney

• I'll Generally Go To Epcot/Epcot Resorts

• I'll Generally Go To Magic Kingdom/MK Resorts

• Never Happen, We Have PS's For Every Meal From Now 'Til 2007

• Don't Pigeon-Hole Me, I'll Eat When And Where I Like, Thank You

Results are only viewable after voting.
Originally posted by vernon
There are PLENTY of English dishes that are definately a lot more plebian than fish and chips LOL

Not the way I'd cook'm. :crazy:

-Joe

I voted Epcot/Epcot area since if we have no other plans and just want a meal that's where we're likely to head. But in reality, we're more likely to pick an option from where we are....like when we ended up at Mama Melrose, or H&V or Prime Time during a day at MGM....or the time we tried The Plaza (now a favorite) at the spur of the moment at the MK...or tried Olivia's because we got back to OKW and decided it was the thing to do...but we've also ended up at Nine Dragons more than once and if we're looking for good counter service WS is our first thought (besides Pecos Bill's at MK or Flame Tree at AK)

We also love Bahama Breeze and can't wait to go back....but we seem to have a hard time dragging ourselves off property for a meal. We have eaten there on our way in to WDW though.

Originally posted by DrTomorrow
I did mean the Outback chain, and, of course, that's in your (humble) opinion ;) . To be honest, I long ago realized that I'm just not one of those folks who feels that there's value in the most expensive of meals. For example: Outback's Victoria Filet (9oz): $18.99 - Shula's Filet(12oz): $38.95. I've had both, and I just can't taste whatever others taste that justifies it costing more than twice as much for 3 oz more. Recently had dinner in Las Vegas with epicurian friends (American Bar and Grill, Rio) and the menu offered two kinds of steaks - Black Angus, and something called "Dry Aged" (news to me, my friend had heard of it) - "Dry Aged" cost $10-15 more for the same size of the same cut. We paid the premium, and while my friend waxed poetically that this was the best steak he'd ever had, to me it didn't taste that much better than Outback (or Lone Star, or Logan's Roadhouse, etc....) [Note: Had KOBE beef on that trip, too - also highly over-rated]. So when the entrees start hitting the heights of $30, $40, $50 and up, I head the other way.

IMHO - YMMV

I caan do you one better. My ex in laws couldn't even justify Outback or Longhorns. They can't see why anyone would pay anymore than you do for a Sizzler or Golden Corral steak, even if I was the one paying. As a matter of fact, I took them one time and MIL wouldn't even order steak because it cost too much at Longhorn, she was totally uncomfortable being in the place like it was some swanky joint:D . Now take her to the Golden corral with a salad bar and she'll order the best $7.99 steak they have and an all you can eat salad bar. At Longhorns I kept waiting for her to ask "Which fork do I use for my salad?"

Originally posted by mb168
They can't see why anyone would pay anymore than you do for a Sizzler or Golden Corral steak, even if I was the one paying.

Some people can't see paying what we do for Disney...Great Adventure is good enough or maybe the Boardwalk rides....some people can't see paying for DVC resorts, the All Stars are good enough....some people can't see paying to stay on site...the notell motels out on 192 are good enough...

Everyone's tastes are different and there is a business person to cater to them.

-Joe

This was a difficult one to vote for, but I chose the DTD choice. We like Wetzel's pretzels, Ghiradelli, and Wolfgang Puck's. These can really be 'snacky' places for us. BUT, if we're closer to Magic Kingdom at the time, we like to go to Columbia Harbour House for some chili and/or a Lighthouse sandwich. If we're closer to Epcot, it's a toss up between Beaches 'n Cream, fish n chips or the San Angel Cantina.

sorry yankee's fan but this red sox fan has got to gloat a little yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! red sox ! we always say we'll beat them next yearbut this is great ! and now for the world series. we eat where ever we'er at. but we love the castle at mk.we try a lot of dif. rest. in disneyand will continue to

RED SOX RULE !!!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by mb168
They can't see why anyone would pay anymore than you do for a Sizzler or Golden Corral steak, even if I was the one paying.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's just not fine dining if you can't carry it to your table on a plastic tray!

Sorry but that Golden Corral joint is nothing less than a dump. Better cuisine can be found on Fear Factor.

at the end of our "disney" day (aka leaving the parks completely for the evening) we usually go to crossroads or eat back in the villa for our large meal. We do miss having breakfast at Tonys though. generally lunch is fruit somewhere or a break back at the room. Always atleast one character meal. Last trip we found Liberty tavern during spectro that was great.

ps usually we go during off season (parks close early.)

We are in the group that plans all our dinners well ahead of our trip.

Our main choices for almost every trip-
  • Jiko
  • 'Ohana
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse
  • Narcoossee
  • Cindy's
  • California Grill
  • Shula's
  • Restaurant Marrakesh
  • Artist Point

I'm getting hungry just typing the names! :teeth:

MG

After going to Disney for over 25 years, every year and more specifically OKW for 12 years I find myself looking more forward to eating off property than on. I have a few favorites like Hollywood Brown Derby or Rose and Crown and now that kids are involved a character meal or two, but other than that we really enjoy experiencing some of the other interesting places that Orlando has to offer.

I chose your silly option simply because we schedule our days around our PS's!:teeth: We have our places that we "have" to go to, but we mainly we go according to which park we're in. I don't have to see the parks commando-style, but my girls do!!:jumping1:

P.S. Poohnpiglet3 - I LOVE your tag picture of your babies! I have twin girls and I have pictures just like that of them! Now they're 13 and that picture reminded me how little they were long, long ago! It goes SO fast!:(

Kim:earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We love to go to Chef Mickeys. We usually go off property to different places like Sizzlers and Shoneys and Olive garden. Other than that we eat in our room.

We definitely have our favorites. We will always have at least one PS at Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki, and one at Artist Point. We also like Akershus, Bomas, Olivias, O'Hana, and this time we are trying the steak house in Canada and the pub in England.

I voted the generic answer. We kind of eat at a conglomeration of places:
1- in the room
2- Espn club
3-Cal. Grill
4-Sci FI
5-Prime Time Cafe
6-Cape May Cafe for Char. B'Fast
7-Pizza place next to BWV (take out)

So, we eat at diff. places when we are there..
Would like to try the Epcot places (now if we buy AP's we can do that!!)..

DeerH

It is California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and Artist Point are the 3 that we make every trip.

Prior to departing for the trip, DH and I sit down and go over where we are eating. Each night it is a different WDW eatery.

Our favorites are:

• California Grill
  • Japan Hibachi (can't remember name)
  • France lower restaurant (can't remember name)
  • Olivia's (OKW)
  • Ohana's (Poly)
  • GF Breakfast Buffet with Characters
  • Mexico (San Angelina's inside)
  • Jiko (Animal Kingdom)
  • Rainforest Cafe

PS do not cost anything, so if we cannot go for any reason, we will call or plan something else.

I voted don't pigeon hole me but I must say we do a combination of the choices, except for the off site dining. We save those choices for other travel or at home. We just like staying in WDW and treating ourselves to less driving.

Now that we have DVC we are trying one or two new choices each visit. Thanks to posts on this thread, I've added Boma's for our March trip, since next week is full of our favorites repeated to share with our best friends who are new DVC members.

We have favorites in several areas:

Top Tier: Flying Fish
California Grill

Parks: England - Rose & Crown
France- ???
Prime Time
Brown Derby

Resort Areas
ESPN
Cape May
Beaches & Cream
Olivia's

Many more that were favorites and have closed or changed enough not to be mentioned as favorites but worth a visit again to see if things have improved.

Wolfgang Puck's for butternut squash soup!! Yummm

Of course, we recently ate at Boma's and enjoyed it there too. Annmarie

We especially love the restaurants at the resorts...it is fun to walk around and enjoy the ambiance too. I really like making PS in advance, and then if we change our mind, we can cancel them. I hate waiting in line - this is one of the reasons we don't go offsite very often...the exception is the Orlando Ale House. Sandie B

facebook twitter