Where did this heat and all these people come from? The new PTR/TR link 5/7

Your meal looked yummy (except for the sushi! LOL)! And that view!!! :love: Sorry you missed the "Up" characters. Can't wait to see where you went next!

Yummmmmm- I love that Spicy Kazan roll!! It's soooooooooooooooo delicious!!

*Drool*

You know how I feel about polenta. I really want to go to Cali Grill now. :rotfl:

Taking it easy and really enjoying the moment is hard to do at Disney unless you really concentrate on making it happen. I fall into that rush, rush, rush mentality and I don't like it. I want to enjoy and go slow and above all soak in all the magic I can before going home.

Great update Katie!!

WOW your dinner at CG looks and sounds amazing! I am so glad you were able to eat there I just adored that meal and I look forward to getting back there in the future!!!

DHS is such a great park! I really love the Animation Studio, but I would have been a bit disappointed to draw Stitch too!!!!

Oh my Gosh Katie!!!! What a fun evening........GREAT food, beautiful scenery, and the ability to stroll around, going where you want to go, seeing what you want to see. I know I will probably NEVER be able to go to WDW without my gang, but it sounds a little divine enjoying it on your own!!!! I can't wait to see what you get into next!!!!

I think it's wonderful that you made yourself slow down a little bit to take everything in. I am the same way, rushing, making sure we see/do everything and forget to actually enjoy myself. How wonderful that you went in with that mindset. I'm sorry you missed the Up characters. That has got to be one of my favorite Disney movies ever. :)

Glad you had a good meal/time at DHS!! I've never visited the animation center-- not exactly an artist! Sorry you had to draw Stitch!!

Looks like a great first night! And yes we had a great time seeing Mary Poppins. I would love to go to Caifornia Grill for the view but I am not an adventerous eater at all so it makes me very nervous!

Katie, love the update. The view from CG is marvelous (we've never dined there).

I love your drawing of the obnoxious Stitch--that is how he'd probably look if I drew him too (very low on my list of Disney characters...and the reason we stopped getting wake up calls).

I'm glad you decided to "slow down" a little this trip and enjoy the moment. I think we all sometimes rush and forget to just enjoy what we are doing at that specific time.

Oohhhh your dinner looks soooo good! Even the sushi looks pretty although I'm not sure if I would have liked it!! Don't you just love that butter with the salt? The Wave does that too and I know it is something simple but boy do I love it!!
Love your game plan for the night...just walking around and taking the time to enjoy everything....I am looking forward to a laid back trip in October :goodvibes
Awww Stitch is cute!! I loved drawing (I am sooo not good! :rotfl2:) but it is so much fun!!

Tracy

Your dinner looks great! I'm so happy they were able to seat you. I'm with Tracy, they even make sushi look good - but I'd NEVER try it :laughing:

Good for you slowing down, I found myself doing just the opposite and feeling a bit stressed at times because of it :sad2:

ooo, love the pork dish at Cali Grill! I got that too!

It's funny cause when I did "what character are you most like" I got Ursula!!! And I did NOT take a pic to remind myslef of that! :rotfl:

Ok, first, that food looked so yummy! A little different than the places we went with my 3 kids :). That view is amazing. So glad that you stopped to take it in. I have to remind myself to do that too and found I was fairly good at it this trip b/c we had just been 2 years ago. But here is what I really have to say:
My son is going to kill me that the "What Character are You Most Like" thing was at DHS all along (a park that we spend lots of time in). I had read about this somewhere and told him about it while we were at Epcot thinking that it was there and of course we never found it. He was so dissapointed. I won't forget where it is on our next trip. So glad you put that up!!

Your meal looks amazing and I am so psyched that you walked up and got a table. Way to go. I love the pictures from up top and its great that you decided to stop and smell the roses and really spend some time soaking it in. That's how I felt when I was there. I just wanted to keep taking it all in. By the time I got outside it was dark.

Sorry the Up guys weren't there, but at least you had some nice quiet time in the park. Looks like a fun evening. I am longing for a bit of solo time, so I could definitely get into that grove!

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. Cali Grill is one of our favorites, but have never had an appetizer....I know what I'm ordering next time!!!

florida2010087.jpg

florida2010092.jpg

Lovely view! Nice that you got a monorail going by, too.
It is worth taking time to stop and absorb enough of the magic to help carry you through until your next trip.

We hope to be seeing the inside of BLT in just a few weeks. :)

Great update! I never ate at CG but don't think my girls would like it. Didn't make it to the animation center last year but on my list of things to do this year.

I find I always have a better trip if I take it slow because I always seem to get to see and do the things I want but I am not tired and grouchy from trying to keep every thing going smoothly.

That's so AWESOME you went to CG by yourself and had such a great time and took those AMAZING photos Katie!

:laughing: I am exactly the same way when I find out someone is planning a Disney vacation. I have to hold myself back to make sure I don't scare/overwhelm them. :lmao:

I am SO glad you got to dine at CG. Although I've been there a couple of times, I have not been out on the observation deck. :scared1: Must fix this next time!!!

Sorry you missed the Up characters.

Can't wait for more!! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter