Where did this heat and all these people come from? The new PTR/TR link 5/7

Day 1, Saturday May 1
The stewardess (is this still the proper term?) was telling us that the flight from MCO to DSM was one of the worst she had ever been on and was far more turbulent than what we were experiencing at that time. Later of course after hearing about the storms in Tennessee I realized what exactly we were flying over. Watching the news the next day was much to reminiscent of our 2008 trip when we watched in horror the devastating flooding going on not far from our own homes in Iowa.

we finally saw this wonderful sign

florida2010046.jpg

It never loses its excitement - going under that magical arch. I bet that is one spot on earth that kicks the smile-o-meter up to high every day. :)

I love the world of purple, red, and turquoise signs. :love:

Great start! I was there that week also and although the heat didn't bother me, I did notice the crowds!! There were more people in DHS than I saw in June 2009!
Can't wait for more!

Love all the detail in the rooms....the duvets and lights and border all coordinate and look so pretty together!
Ughhhh on the flight...I remember you posted that on FB and I saw it right before I was about to take off!! I put that in the back of my mind and we were fine because we went right down the east coast...loved being on Jet Blue and watching the screens to show you exactly where you are....except for watching the speed....544 mph! :faint:

Tracy

Great start Katie. You took pictures of each important step in your journey. You did much better than I did in capturing all the important moments. The little boy, Cory, is so cute! Thank goodness for Dramamine! Your room looks lovely. Did you end up changing rooms? That one girl standing by the fake monorail looks like Tracy, but I guess it wasn't.

I'm in. Starting a WDW trip with blisters sure can't be fun.

A grownup only trip. Don't know why I never thought of that when my girls were little. I really could have used one of those.

CSR looks really nice. My dad would kill me if he found out there was a moderate that has queen beds--he complained about the double the whole trip! :lmao: Though I don't think I'll tell him since he said that if we ever go back, just because of that, we would go deluxe!!! Can't wait to hear about your first meal at the World!

Hey! :wave2:

Excited to see where you are going at the Contemporary....I'm going to guess The Wave!! If so it is SO YUMMY!!

Can't wait for more popcorn::

Yeay! You're in Orlando and at Disney! :banana:

That's too bad that you experienced turbulence on the way! I didn't realize you flew the day of all that rain and those storms. Now that I am typing it, that was the day I was having lunch with MeMom and Jill, I think.

The rooms at CSR are just so pretty, but I love your picture of the Mary Blair mosaic the best! :lovestruc

That's too bad that you experienced turbulence on the way! I didn't realize you flew the day of all that rain and those storms. Now that I am typing it, that was the day I was having lunch with MeMom and Jill, I think.

Yep. Jarvis texted me to see how I was making it in all the craziness, and I told him I was in Atlanta, so I didn't know about it. He said he forgot about that, and told me that rain was coming down in sheets at home and had been all day. The next morning, when I drove home, that's when all the flooding started getting bad. It took a lot of rerouting and a few extra hours for me to get home. Orlando would have been a nice place to be that day! :goodvibes

Fabulous first update!! That ME ride DOES seem to take forever-- I love it though! It's the last minutes of anticipation!

Ok... I can't stand reading your report without pictures (on my work computer) so now I'm about to put a bookmark on your chapter link page into my phone's browser...:lmao:

Love you!:lovestruc

YAY--an update that gets you to DisneyWorld! :yay:

Waiting to see where you went at the Contemporary........................

Love your pics! You motivated me to start doing my TR this morning since we were there at the same time and you were already doing yours. Thanks for the motivation! I even did the pics right this time. :)

Love the airline pics of the clouds!!!! The rooms look so pretty at CSR now!!!! I can't wait to hear all about what happens next!

Hi! We were there at the same time- I'm writing a joint TR with my girlfriends (DISmoms) and I have to say...ITA! It was HOT and it was CROWDED that week!! :scared1: Never expected it- we guessed it was spring break for year-round school families? :confused3 It did really improve by Monday, I think, at least crowd-wise. And we all were just sooooooooo happy it wasn't raining, which is what it did LAST year on our first trip together. We were THRILLED to be dripping in the sun!! :rotfl:

Well- looking forward to hearing about your trip-hope you had as much fun as we did! :goodvibes

Ick, feeling yucky on a plane is the worst. :sick:

I have no patience for the Magical Express bus rides. I love that they have the transportation but I just want to get THERE. I have zero patience. :laughing:

Your room is beautiful. Good idea taking the pictures before the room got messy, I do that too. :rotfl2:

It really is a nice service and I was thrilled with how quickly I got on a bus. Maybe if the kids had been with me it wouldn't have felt so long but going solo it just drags!!

Excellent update. One day I will only have Coronado Springs as the only resort I haven't stayed at and will be forced to stay there until then I will visit it through your pictures and talk about the fact I do not want to stay there and have another run in with Maria Consuela!

:confused3 If I know this story, I have forgotten it...do tell!

Nice update, Katie. Four months until we're back in those wonderful rooms at the CSR. I hope it was nothing serious with the fire department/ambulance there. We've never done ME (we always rent a car), so it was neat seeing the photo of the "welcome" they show.

It's a cute video with lots of helpful info for newbies but for those of us in-the-know ;), it's a bit unnecessary. I'm hoping that fire truck was not a big deal, it was just a shock to round the corner and see it sitting there.

Love your pictures! I don't know why I don't ever take pictures at the airport, I love that little monorail! :cool1:

It's funny how many different things I took pictures of on this trip in anticipation of writing a TR. sometimes I took blurry pictures as I rushed by things just as a future reminder for myself where I was at that moment.

Wonderful Update Katie!!!

You are right the rooms at CSR are beautiful!! I hope I get a better CM though when I check into POR in the fall, I MUST have a Mansion room LOL!!!!

OH THE MAGIC KINGDOM...hmmmm...someone was headed to the Contemporary......LOL!

Can't wait for more!

I think with CSR being a convention resort, room requests can maybe be a bit more difficult than other resorts :confused3

I am enjoying your trip report so far!!

I will be working at Blizzard Beach...I am very excitied about it. ok now enough procrastinating and back to packing...i am moving next Sunday!!!

Looke forward to more of your trip report!!

Congrats on your new job :cool1: I hope you share the experience of moving there and working for Disney with us!! They sure wanted you fast didn't they!

Great update. I'm sorry the plane ride was so tough. But nothing like a view of the fake monorail to make one feel better! ::yes::

Can't wait to see what you did in the MK on your first evening!

I didn't actually get to MK on this day but no fear, lots of time was spent there :goodvibes

Always itching to get going when we get there too! Can't wait to see where you ate at the Contemporary!

I wonder if you rented a car if you would find yourself less anxious :rolleyes1

Ugggg, sorry your flight was less than magical :sad2: feeling ill on a plane is the worst!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your night. I know where your going.......... :rolleyes1

I don't know if the dramamine worked wonders or if the turbulance passed quickly enough but thank goodness it didn't last long!

Headed someplace yummy! :thumbsup2

I'm new to your TR too. MeMom sent me over as I am currently considering a girls' only trip. I cannot wait to read more! Dramamine is my best friend. ;)

I don't usually have motion issues on transportation and dramamine doesn't always work but thank goodness I didn't get too sick!

This trip was SO great! I had a great time with my boys on the last trip and look forward to going with them again but I seriously didn't wish for them there like I thought I would!

It never loses its excitement - going under that magical arch. I bet that is one spot on earth that kicks the smile-o-meter up to high every day. :)

I love the world of purple, red, and turquoise signs. :love:

Maybe if your school had a sign like that outside your mornings would feel a bit brighter :rolleyes:

You got me hooked:):surfweb:

welcome! glad to have you along :thumbsup2

Great start! I was there that week also and although the heat didn't bother me, I did notice the crowds!! There were more people in DHS than I saw in June 2009!
Can't wait for more!

I don't love the heat but my hubby absolutely melts in it so I was glad to not be dragging him along behind me this time! I found the crowds annoying but manageable most of the time, we only stood in a long line once or twice.

Love all the detail in the rooms....the duvets and lights and border all coordinate and look so pretty together!
Ughhhh on the flight...I remember you posted that on FB and I saw it right before I was about to take off!! I put that in the back of my mind and we were fine because we went right down the east coast...loved being on Jet Blue and watching the screens to show you exactly where you are....except for watching the speed....544 mph! :faint:

Tracy

I thought they no longer allowed those screens, I love those! The CSR digs aren't exactly Kidani but we were happy :)

Great start Katie. You took pictures of each important step in your journey. You did much better than I did in capturing all the important moments. The little boy, Cory, is so cute! Thank goodness for Dramamine! Your room looks lovely. Did you end up changing rooms? That one girl standing by the fake monorail looks like Tracy, but I guess it wasn't.

I saw his parents roll their eyes a few times as he was telling me stories but I have totally been in those shoes with my own kids so I got a kick out of him :laughing:

Now if I told you if I switched rooms now, I won't know if you stick around will I :rolleyes1

I'm in. Starting a WDW trip with blisters sure can't be fun.

A grownup only trip. Don't know why I never thought of that when my girls were little. I really could have used one of those.

It was great! I recommend it to anyone...totally different experience

CSR looks really nice. My dad would kill me if he found out there was a moderate that has queen beds--he complained about the double the whole trip! :lmao: Though I don't think I'll tell him since he said that if we ever go back, just because of that, we would go deluxe!!! Can't wait to hear about your first meal at the World!

For just me, the queen didn't make a big difference but if DH had been with me, it would have been a nice thing! Deluxe would be good though :rolleyes:

Found your report today and can't wait to read more. Love all the pictures and the room looks amazing....popcorn::

Glad you are joining us! The rooms are very nice, I like just the subtle Disneyness to them, not over the top. Very relaxing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter