Where can you get a glowing ice cube drink free on dining plan?

YesI'mObsessed

~MTFBWY~
Ok, I know...I'm a total cheapskate. :banana: I remember hearing at the begining of the dining plan that some were getting them at Concourse Steakhouse, but there was no consistancy. Just curious what your experience was. Thanks!

I was just reading the menu for LTT character dinner buffet and it mentions the glow cubes as part of the menu. I'm assuming since its a buffet with everything included you could get the glow cubes there with the dining plan.

MinnieGi said:
I was just reading the menu for LTT character dinner buffet and it mentions the glow cubes as part of the menu. I'm assuming since its a buffet with everything included you could get the glow cubes there with the dining plan.
Wasn't when we ate there, I don't think you could get one anywhere on the plan without paying for it. I know it has happened though.

Just saw on the Dining Plan brochure that Glow Cubes are not included on the plan. I got mine at Concourse Steakhouse (paid for it as I have never done the dining plan) and my drink was $10 ~ but the glow cube is pretty cool!! Sorry that its not included in the plan. I don't know if they sell them not in alcoholic drinks or not.

Yikes! Let me take back what I posted earlier. I just reread the LTT menu and notice now that there is a seperate fee next to the glow cube drink. On my first reading I didn't notice it and was excited thinking it was a part of the buffet menu. Oh well.

my son's was free at concourse steak. I ask for them to bring it to him and expected to pay out of pocket but it was not on the bill with my wine so it was on the plan for us.

It's one of those things where it's NOT included, but you may get lucky and they won't charge you for it.

That happened to us at LTT. We celebrated our ds's 5th birthday and ordered a cake. They said it would be an extra $13 since it's not covered under the DP. Well when the bill came, it was included in the DP, with no extra cost to us.

When we were there a few weeks ago the drinks with the cubes were allowed on the plan but you only got the cube part if you paid for it. They were very specific about the drink vs the drink plus the cube especially at Le Cellier.

Yvonne

At the Coral Reef, we got ours free in a non-alcoholic beverage (in Sprite, actually). They served it in a bright blue glass, sometimes with a plastic ballancing dolphin on the side, and it looked right in place with the whole aquarium theme. We were never charged for the cubes, and we ate there three times, nor the dolphins (but we only got the dolphins once), and in the end we walked out with twelve cubes from the trip!

do u keep the cubes? do they continue to light up? *confused here* why pay for cubes to just be thrown out otherwise? thanks for help!

a*lil*bit*goofy said:
do u keep the cubes? do they continue to light up? *confused here* why pay for cubes to just be thrown out otherwise? thanks for help!

Yes, you keep the cubes. There are directions printed on the bottom - you tap one side gently on the table to turn it on, and tap the opposite side to turn it off.

when we ate at the sci-fi diner we could get a glow cube with the ddp, but you had to pay $2 bucks. If you wanted an alcoholic shake with a glow cube it cost you an extra $4 as alcohol is not included on the plan, we did this instead of dessert ( probably just got a nice waiter ).

The glow cubes that we got in january all had just one button on the bottom. You pushed the button once and the cube flashed slow, twice and the cube flashed fast, three times and the cube stayed on, and four times turned it off.

There is some place on the internet where you can buy those cubes for $2.99 a piece.

mommyluvsmickey said:
Whats a glow cube?? (1st timer) anyone got a pic? Thanks :Pinkbounc

My had glow drinks included in the dining plan at Concourse and Chef Mickey's.

You can't see the glow very well in this pic because Concourse is so bright!

We still have them from July, and they still work!

DisneyJuly2005003.jpg

The cubes we got had no buttons . . . you banged one side and they turned on, you banged the other and they turned off. Ours still worked as well.

I mentioned paying for the cubes to my husband and he did point soemthing out . . . whenever we ate at the CR, we did got the most expensive stuff on the menu (our MG would have spent well over $1000 on one meal if we didn't have the plan) so maybe we did cover the cost of the cubes they figured. :lmao:

I bought them at walgreens...on clearance!!! :cool1:

We got ours on the dining plan. They were suggested by our waitress at Chef Mickeys and Concourse! They still work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts