Where are/have you dined for Christmas dinner?

Years ago, Luau at Poly on Christmas Eve dinner, QS at Disney Quest at what was then Downtown Disney for Christmas lunch, QS at Poly for Christmas dinner, and room service at Poly for the day after Christmas breakfast (before we headed to BC for the rest of our stay). The crowd at Downtown Disney/now Disney Springs was really low on Christmas day. We had a blast there.

On Christmas Eve we always ate at Cape May Buffet because of the many fish dishes and on Christmas Day we liked to eat at the Brown Derby, LeCellier or France.

This will be our first trip during the holidays. I am completely unsure about how to plan (this is only our second trip to WDW as a family). I booked Hoop De Doo for Christmas Eve and Be Our Guest for breakfast on Christmas. These are the only ADRs I have made since we are going with the QSDP. I am waiting patiently for parade/fireworks/show packages to be release for our dates. I'd like to do a Tusker House breakfast ROL package and a dessert party of some sort.

I've got Via Napoli for lunch. Totally not traditional Christmas day food but we wanted the candlelight processional dining package and besides garden grill Via Napoli was the only other one we could agree on.

This will be our first Christmas at Disney. I wanted O'hana but wasn't able to get a dinner ADR. I booked 1900 Park instead and now I'm glad it worked out this way. I'm loving the idea of being at the GF for Christmas.

We did Rose and Crown for dinner followed by the 8:00 Candlelight Processional. A perfect way to spend Christmas! We didn't buy the package, but were able to find great seats at the late showing.

Other than doing the CP three times on Christmas Day, we have dined at Whispering Canyon Cafe the rest of our Christmas visits. On the 25'th, they serve the traditional Christmas dinner with little of the usual bantering with the servers. A nice way to have. Great Christmas dinner in an awesome enviroment

We did Whispering Cafe two Christmases ago on Christmas Day and really enjoyed it. Food and atmosphere were excellent.

We are doing California Grill for Christmas Eve dinner, and Be Our Guest for Christmas dinner! :)

Last year we did the Prime Time for Christmas dinner, and Be Our Guest for Christmas Eve.

180 day coming up soon. Looking for any place not at mk. Im not brave enough to go to mk on Christmas day. Ty
Be Our Guest for Christmas Eve to then enjoy fireworks from Main Street.

Then we have a breakfast ADR at 1900 Park Fare and dinner at Shula's for Christmas (we switch from Monorail Resort to Swolphin).

We like to eat fish exclusively on the Eves so after much thought made a reservation for Kona Cafe for CE. I had a lovely salmon dish for lunch there early July and everyone at my table tasted it and felt it was worthy even the occasionally picky "chullins".

Wanted to go all traditional and have Liberty Tree Tavern for Christmas but it's already booked solid so I currently have a reservation for Le Cellier which I'll throw back into the pool if something better comes up. Also have a possibility of meeting up with the man's FL family @ DW. They are DVC members and have a full kitchen in their unit. I've a pre-seasoned center cut prime rib and hotel turkey in my freezer that were meant for our cancelled 4th of July camping trip and this might be the prefect time to use 'em. His family can make the sides and maybe we can buy some nice desserts at the French bakery @ Epcot or Sprinkle's cupcakes using snack points.

We have dinner on Christmas Eve at GF Cafe, then dinner on Christmas Day at Narcoossee's. To us GF resort is the most 'christmas-y' of all the resorts. We love it (one day we will get the stay there too)
:santa:

This will be our first Christmas at Disney. I wanted O'hana but wasn't able to get a dinner ADR. I booked 1900 Park instead and now I'm glad it worked out this way. I'm loving the idea of being at the GF for Christmas.
Don't give up hope of getting Ohana. We go at Christmas every year now and people are always dropping ADR's even at the most busiest time of the year as they finalise their plans. Lots of people hedge their bets and book several until they can make up their mind.

Don't give up hope of getting Ohana. We go at Christmas every year now and people are always dropping ADR's even at the most busiest time of the year as they finalise their plans. Lots of people hedge their bets and book several until they can make up their mind.

Funny you should post this today.......I got an email this morning for a dinner ADR for christmas day at O'hana!
Now I'm conflicted because I started loving the idea of GF. Which one to keep??????

Last year we did Be Our Guest Christmas Eve and I cooked a big traditional Christmas meal for 9 in our villa Christmas Day.

This year we are doing liberty tree for Christmas Eve and Artist Point for Christmas dinner. I love seeing some of the not so traditional plans people have! We went to AK after dinner last Christmas and had a ball at the dance party in dinoland. It was minimal crowds. Our family of 9 rode triceratops spin at park close and all our kids/nieces/nephews still talk about it.

Last edited:
Christmas Eve is our arrival day so we have plans so far for Crystal Palace then the dessert party Garden view at MK. Always a tradition to start with MK.
Then Christmas day we're in Epcot with Garden Grill for breakfast then Yachtsman for Christmas dinner.

I was hoping to find an ADR for Be our Guest on Christmas Eve nothing is available, but i'll keep checking. We do have BOG for pre New Years Eve Dec 30th.

Funny you should post this today.......I got an email this morning for a dinner ADR for christmas day at O'hana!
Now I'm conflicted because I started loving the idea of GF. Which one to keep??????
Well, three members of our party have MDE accounts so why not do that so you can book more than one ADR, and decide nearer the time which one to visit? We often do that as Disney change their park hours nearer the time and ruin all our plans so we hedge our bets and book a few then make final arrangement nearer the time.

We go to Mass at the Contemporary Christmas morning then eat lunch/brunch at Chef Mickeys. Maybe not the best meal ever, but part of our tradition :-) In the evening we either do one of the shoes (Backyard BBQ, Luau, etc.) or go to one of the "nicer" restaurants.

May I ask how long Mass usually lasts at the Contemporary? I am still deciding on where to eat lunch and wondered if Mass would be an hour or an hour thirty if it is really busy.
Thank you.

Christmas Eve at Biergarten, Christmas Day Mama Melrose

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter