where 2 get knock off purses in Bahamas?

personally, I would never buy a fake purse myself either. Like I said, I have several Coach purses and just bought one of their new spring ones about a month or so ago, and got one of their special edition ones for Christmas. I would not consider buying a fake because even though most people probably wouldn't know it was fake, *I* would. That being said, I know a lot of people who have fake purses, and I am perfectly ok with that because not everyone can shell out $300+ for a purse. Before I bought my first coach purse, I felt the same way, but I am now addicted to them! I won't be buying any for a while now though because I have put myself on a strict budget because we plan on having a trip of a lifetime on the Disney cruise and that involves spending lots of money! :cool1:

One more thing, if I were to buy a knock off purse somewhere abroad, customs would spy me from a mile away. I am not very good at hiding stuff, and I'd be so nervous, they'd know something was wrong! I'd be sitting in jail clutching my fake coach purse! :rotfl2:

ohioworkingmom, I would never buy my 12 year old daughter an authentic purse either. That's just insane. I work at an elementary school and I see these kids with D&B purses, and they look pretty darn real. Of course, I haven't inspected any of them closely, but I always wonder why parents would buy their 3rd or 4th grader a purse like this. I don't think they can fully appreciate it until they are much older!

Dreamcometrue---I won't be buying a knock off in the Bahamas because I would probably end up in the jail cell right next to you! :rotfl2: I would have it stamped on my forehead. I would definitely be the one who would get into trouble for trying to bring my fake purse back into the US!!

dreamcometrue said:
personally, I would never buy a fake purse myself either. Like I said, I have several Coach purses and just bought one of their new spring ones about a month or so ago, and got one of their special edition ones for Christmas. I would not consider buying a fake because even though most people probably wouldn't know it was fake, *I* would. That being said, I know a lot of people who have fake purses, and I am perfectly ok with that because not everyone can shell out $300+ for a purse. Before I bought my first coach purse, I felt the same way, but I am now addicted to them! I won't be buying any for a while now though because I have put myself on a strict budget because we plan on having a trip of a lifetime on the Disney cruise and that involves spending lots of money! :cool1:

One more thing, if I were to buy a knock off purse somewhere abroad, customs would spy me from a mile away. I am not very good at hiding stuff, and I'd be so nervous, they'd know something was wrong! I'd be sitting in jail clutching my fake coach purse! :rotfl2:

ohioworkingmom, I would never buy my 12 year old daughter an authentic purse either. That's just insane. I work at an elementary school and I see these kids with D&B purses, and they look pretty darn real. Of course, I haven't inspected any of them closely, but I always wonder why parents would buy their 3rd or 4th grader a purse like this. I don't think they can fully appreciate it until they are much older!

DW is in the same boat so to speak. I bought her first one in St. Thomas at COACH at Little Switzerland. She has been addicted ever since. I think she has 7 or 8 now. She says it is her one vice.

Coach knock-offs sometimes use a G instead of a C in the signature logo on the outside of the bag.

disneypoor

I know that people who actually own the real thing can probably tell that mine is fake, but to be honest, I really don't care. If I like it, that is all that matters. Please don't flame me for this, but I just don't care what anyone else thinks about my purse.

:dancer: Go 'head girl!!

EnchantedPlayroom said:
:dancer: Go 'head girl!!
Thank you, EnchantedPlayroom! I just can't believe how many people do actually care what other people think about the purse they are carrying, car they are driving, house they are living in, etc. We need to stop trying to impress everyone else and do what makes us happy! If that means buying a fake purse (or the real thing for that matter), so be it! I don't judge anyone who has a "real" purse as I have owned a couple myself, but I sure as heck don't judge those who carry the fake ones either. I could care less if I was carrying my fake Louis Vuitton into the Louis Vuitton store and someone such as one of the above posters noticed my fake. It's called "Mind your own business and get a life!"

Sorry--I couldn't help myself. I can feel the flames coming now.....

No flames, but just as many were not aware of the customs laws, few people seem to realize the scale of this problem and the financial backlash that counterfeiting and piracy has had on our economy.

Approximately 9% (400 billion U.S. dollars annually) of all goods sold in the US are counterfeit. Copies of just about everything, from software to golf clubs, are manufactured and sold on the blackmarket AND by discount retailers.

Beyond what the manufacturers, retailers and all of their (current and laid off) employees suffer, many of these goods are being sold tax free. We all suffer for that. The overall losses are huge.

Now it's pretty hard to avoid those items sold at retailers, as we should be able to trust them as a source, but buying off the street is completely avoidable. Just remember that by supporting the criminals that produce and sell these items, you choose to become part of the problem. Again, IMO it's a high price to pay to carry around a logo.

Honu--I appreciate your post. I honestly was not aware of all of this. I guess I just thought that if they were being sold in the middle of the streets with a bunch of other vendors that it was legal. I never thought of it in the way you put it, and I do understand the concern. I am also not going to purchase a knock off while in the Bahamas. As you stated in an earlier post, no logo is worth that!

I was probably harsh in my last post, but it just seems that some people want to judge others. I just don't see the point in putting someone down because of the type of purse they carry. One of the posters basically said it is an embarrassment to carry a fake. That is just rude! I would be more embarrassed to admit that I judge others who do carry a fake. When looking at it from your point, I do see how it is important not to support these types of vendors, and the polite way you put your post is appreciated and will be taken more seriously by more than just me--I'm sure! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter