When will soft openings start for Pandora???

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were there around the time they had the press event for 7DMT, we saw empty trains running, but never with people on them. I was so hoping to get a chance at soft opening, but no such luck. I'm pretty sure it opened soon after. So close....and yet so far.....

This trip we are there 5/8-5/14, I don't think close enough to hope for a soft opening. We've talked about a Christmas trip so may be upgrading to APs, if there's a whiff of an AP day in the air while we are there we will definitely be upgrading!

We were there around the time they had the press event for 7DMT, we saw empty trains running, but never with people on them. I was so hoping to get a chance at soft opening, but no such luck. I'm pretty sure it opened soon after. So close....and yet so far.....

This trip we are there 5/8-5/14, I don't think close enough to hope for a soft opening. We've talked about a Christmas trip so may be upgrading to APs, if there's a whiff of an AP day in the air while we are there we will definitely be upgrading!
We must have been there at the exact same time and are going the same time you are this year! We keep missing all the good stuff

They could be up and ready to book..but I highly doubt it. For new openings, it seems like fps aren't put out until a few weeks prior. If I recall correctly fps for 7dmt didn't go live until around 30 days out or less.

They could be ready for your 60 days out, but just don't be shocked if they aren't. New openings are treated somewhat how refurbs are..the fps seem to not go out until much closer to the opening date

^^^
This = spot on. ;)

7DMT FP+ didn't open until less than 30 days. ROL, was what? the week of.

Soft openings and FP+ opening dates are not set in stone.

It happens when it happens.
As long as it isn't the 2 weeks prior to the 27th, I'm good. I'll be on the Magic and won't have service :D What a problem to have...

I'll be there May 2-10 and am really bummed that I'm going to miss it. At least I can go in December and maybe the lines won't be quite as bad. ;) I'm not holding my breath on that one. I'm guessing the lines will be bad for a couple of years at least.

We are there the 20th - 29th. With a planned AK day on the 21st. I am hoping for a miracle soft opening - as DH wants to go - so if not I will find myself standing in crazy crowds on the 28th - which was a planned free day to get in anything we may have wanted to do - I am not excited about the crowds but DH humors my Disney Crazy so I will do what needs to be done :D

Tiers are awful. I'm sure AK will go to them but it makes me sad. Just my 2 cents I had to add to the convo.

They have been testing the rides for weeks if not months now. They have an opening date announced and press invites sent. They don't have any wiggle room anymore.

Were you here last year when Rivers of Light had an opening date, dining packages were announced, and there were press and cast member invites sent out? It has happened, and it was very recently.

As far as I know they always email Passholders about things. We get them (but only on 1 of our 2 email accounts)
I get plenty of emails from Disney, so I know they have my email address, but I have never once gotten an email about anything related to passholders

Were you here last year when Rivers of Light had an opening date, dining packages were announced, and there were press and cast member invites sent out? It has happened, and it was very recently.
Um yes. A show is a little different than a major 11 acre land. The press never saw the full show either.

Um yes. A show is a little different than a major 11 acre land. The press never saw the full show either.

I know, but you said invites were sent. They were sent. Then they were changed and or cancelled. You would think a little 15 minute show would be easier to pull together than an 11 acre land.

I know, but you said invites were sent. They were sent. Then they were changed and or cancelled. You would think a little 15 minute show would be easier to pull together than an 11 acre land.
Yes but a 15 minute show was 20 minutes at that point and wasn't tested well enough and was still having problems despite Disney PR sending out the invites.

Yes but a 15 minute show was 20 minutes at that point and wasn't tested well enough and was still having problems despite Disney PR sending out the invites.

Yes exactly. You seem to have the same argument as me, but yet we aren't jiving.

Um yes. A show is a little different than a major 11 acre land.
Very different. The actual RoL show was the attraction, nothing except for the amphitheater and stationery floats to see. However, even if the two rides are not operating, but as long as the area itself is complete, which it will be, there's still a lot to see and do.
From everything I've heard and seen, at least the press event will take place as scheduled. Disney's neck is sticking out a mile, if there was any chance that they couldn't pull this off, I doubt that they would have announced it so affirmatively and by the big guy himself.

Very different. The actual RoL show was the attraction, nothing except for the amphitheater and stationery floats to see. However, even if the two rides are not operating, but as long as the area itself is complete, which it will be, there's still a lot to see and do.
From everything I've heard and seen, at least the press event will take place as scheduled. Disney's neck is sticking out a mile, if there was any chance that they couldn't pull this off, I doubt that they would have announced it so affirmatively and by the big guy himself.
Agreed 100%

What are the chances of them opening the land without the rides working though?
Does anyone have any idea what the rides will even be like? Their descriptions aren't clear at all. I don't want to have the opportunity to make FP and not be able to ride the rides.

Does anyone have any idea what the rides will even be like? Their descriptions aren't clear at all. I don't want to have the opportunity to make FP and not be able to ride the rides.
One of them is a boat ride, I'm assuming similar to Pirates ish. The other is kind of like Soarin on crack, from what I have read.

So small as to be unmeasurable

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter