When Will My Life...or trip... Begin?? ~A LionKingDramaQueen PTR ~NEW UPDATE 2-28

LionKingDramaQueen

Thirsting for adventure
Hey, everybody! I'm back!! And I know that my other TRs have yet to be completed, but half the problem is that the trip were a long time ago, so it would be silly to finish them now...but this one. THIS ONE I'm gonna finish.

Lately I've been felling Disney-sick. So, I decided to make a PTR in hopes of a TR developing out of the dust.:goodvibes

My mom has her mind set that she wants to go to Disneyland before we go back to the World. I'm perfectly fine with this as long as we actually start to PLAN A TRIP!!

So, all in all...I'm hoping that in the next few months this will become a true PTR. But for now...lets' START THIS THING!

TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.Who the Heck are you Reading About??
2. More Dining Options than we Thought
3. Disney...of the past
4. A Trip in the Making??????!!!!!!
5. The Good and the Better
6. Dining Decisions
7. The Dining is Done...the Dreaded is Begun
8. I Have the Key to the Promise Land
9. To Parkhop or not to Parkhop? THAT is the question...
10. I'm Back from the Dead...
11. TRYING to get into the Disney Spirit
12. Getting Closer!!
13. Disney. Drama. But, not Disney Drama.
14. NO EMH?!? Please Tell Me They're Wrong!!!
15. We're Almost There-HALLELUJAH!

Abbi
DSC_1282headshotedit-1.jpg

So, this is me! I'm Abbi. Age 13. I will be narrating this PTR. I am always in need of a Disney-fix, and often find myself walking in a trance-like fashion towards the Disney Store at a mall, randomly quoting Disney movie lines when someone says something even similar to it, or receiving funny looks during class when I start humming Zip-a-dee-doo-dah. Did I spell that right? Ah...who cares?! I am definitely NOT a perfectionist.

Favorite Character: Rapunzel
Favorite Movie: Tangled
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mtn. RR
Favorite Restaurant: Ohana at Polynesian, Boma at AKL

Blake
DSC_0382_edited-1-1-1.jpg

Next up is my DBrother, Blake. He is 10 years old and my complete opposite. He is super athletic and has tried many kinds of sports until he figured out that baseball is his thing. He isn't really obsessed with Disney and isn't begging to go but he enjoys it when he gets there.

Favorite Character: Pluto
Favorite Movie: Bambi
Favorite Park: Animal Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Expedition Everest
Favorite Restaurant: Ohana at Poly

Mom
MomCloseUpEdit-1.jpg

This is my mom. She is the one that is pushing for us to try Disneyland rather than the World this time. She says that there are more places in the world besides Disney World so why visit it over and over. She wants to do lots of sight seeing and such so she is on board for California.

Favorite Character: Cinderella
Favorite Movie: The Little Mermaid
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Expedition Everest
Favorite Restaurant: Ohana at Poly

Dad
DadGoofyEdit-1.jpg

He's our other DISer of the family. He is known as TripTime on here, so you might know him. He is the only other one who will participate in my Disney Trivia on the way to school. He puts together most of our plans, and is pretty go-with-the-flow. He doesn't care if we go to Florida or Cali as long as Disney's in the name. Oh, and by the way...he's the one on the right...not the left. Haha.

Favorite Character: Tow Mater
Favorite Movie: Toy Story
Favorite Park: EPCOT
Favorite Ride: Toy Story Mania, Expedition Everest
Favorite Restaurant: Ohana at Poly, Flame Tree BBQ, Liberty Tree Tavern

All in all, this PTR is to cure me of my longing for Disney. And maybe y'all too. I hope you will join me throughout this PTR and have as much fun as I do, so sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

I'm totally in! I love reading other teen's TRs and PTRs (I'm 14)!! And one of my sisters is right around your brother's age (she's 11)! Can't wait for more! popcorn::

Abbi! You started your PTR! Yay!!! And may I just say: Love. The. Title! *wink, wink. nudge, nudge* Yay!! I'm so excited. I expect you to make lots of Tangled references now! Just sayin... :thumbsup2

:surfweb: (even though I'm not a coffee drinker...) :yay: :woohoo:

Abbi! You started your PTR! Yay!!! And may I just say: Love. The. Title! *wink, wink. nudge, nudge* Yay!! I'm so excited. I expect you to make lots of Tangled references now! Just sayin... :thumbsup2

:surfweb: (even though I'm not a coffee drinker...) :yay: :woohoo:

Haha. You know me too well! Can't wait to get this thing going. Just looked at all the Disneyland Dining options. I'm. Super. Excited. :goodvibes

More Dining Options Than We Thought

Okay, so my family decided to take a small mini vacation this week to a big waterpark a few hours away. Well, in the awkward silence of my brother dead asleep beside me and the anticipation of when the next bathroom stop would be, I decided to pipe up a conversation! And what better than a conversation of Disney?!? Yay! Sooo...I know that one of my family's top priorities at Disney and pretty much everywhere else we go is...FOOD!

So I looked up all the different resturants at Disneyland and Disney's Californian Adventure. Then we picked out a few that sounded really good. Here's what we came up with.

Disneyland

1.Blue Ribbon Bakery- sounds similar to Mainstreet Bakery at the World

2.Carnation Cafe- I personally think this sounds cute. I love quaint places, and this looks right up my alley.

3. Plaza Inn- My dad liked the sound of this.

4. Bengal BBQ- This sounds like Flame Tree to me, but I could be wrong.

5. Blue Bayou Restaurant- My mom and I really like this one. It sounds like it has great food and a unique piratey atmosphere.

6. Cafe Orleans- This is another one of those that sounds cute with it's indoor/ outdoor seating.

Disney's Californian Adventure

1. Ariel's Grotto- This is my favorite one. I love the princesses and the chancce to eat and meet them?? Yeah baby!

2. Taste Pilot's Grill- This one just sounds cool. I think my brother (if he wasn't snoring away at the time we were discussing it:goodvibes) would like this one.

3. Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill- My family loves Mexican food. I mean, come on..we're from Texas...what do you expect??

4. Paradise Garden Grill- I couldn't tell if this is similar to the Garden Grill in the Land at EPCOT, but we loved the food there, so I thought I'd add it to my list. ;)

Well, I have a busy waterpark-y day ahead of me tomorrow, so I better hit the sack. Nighty night!:upsidedow

Okay, so I thought that I'd show y'all some of my family's past Disney adventures.

2000- Walt Disney World with both sets of grandparents. This was my first trip. I was 2 years old and my mom was pregnant with my brother.
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled.jpg

2002- This was the one and only time we went to Disneyland. :( If we go next year, it would have been exactly 10 years since the last time. We went with my mom's parents this trip. Blake was one years old and I was 4.
(couldn't find pictures already on the computer, and I'm too lazy to scan more)

2003- We went this year back to the world in October. Blake was still unsure of the characters at 2, while I was having a blast at age 5 with all of them. Plus, I was a KINDERGARTENER now!!
(couldn't find pictures already on the computer, and I'm too lazy to scan more)

2005- We went on my favorite trip in December, taking along my uncle, aunt-to-be, grandma, and grandpa. Blake and I both had loads of fun, playing around with my uncle and aunt.
104_0422.jpg

103_0311.jpg

101_0172.jpg

100_0770.jpg

100_0763.jpg

(sorry! my resize thingie isn't working.:sad2:)

2008- Next...we went in January. We started driving on New Years Day. I remember I was so mad because I was obsessed with the virtual game of Toontown Online at the time, and they were gonna show virtual fireworks kicking off the new year...and I missed them. :goodvibes
(can't find these pictures right now either!! Ugh!)

2009- This was the year that we started our Spring Break tradition! Yay! And guess what?? I actually have PICTURES!!

Funny story on these pictures. I was literally drugged this day that I'm taking these photos from. I was feeling sick so my grandma was instructed to give me Children's Benadryl after 17 failed attempts at me trying to swallow a pill. Yikes! Well, she read it wrong and gave 4 tablespoons instead of teaspoons on accident!!:scared1: She did this 3 times, until my mom gave me medicine one night and I questioned her measurements! That was one weird trip. No wonder I felt bad and woozy...I WAS DRUGGED!! We laugh about it now, though...
IMG_9751.jpg

IMG_9736.jpg

IMG_9388.jpg

2010- Another Spring Break trip...
IMG_2025_edited-1-Copy.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

2011- And lastly, our most recent trip. This one was a lot of fun because we brought my DAD's parents, who hadn't been with us since 2000.
DSCN2933.jpg

IMG_4218-abbiedit.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4248-abbiedit.jpg

IMG_4312.jpg

So, there you have it. All of our past Disney experiences. Once again...I apologize for the sizes and the lack of pictures. :goodvibes

I bet you're excited to get your Disney fix! Sounds like it's been a while!

It hasn't been too ,long, actually. I just went in March. But, y'know Disney. Enough is never TRULY enough. And these past 5 months have felt like 5 years... :goodvibes

I'm so excited!!
My parents are possibly-hopefully-50% chance-maybe looking into a trip!!! Why??
Because of the gift from God...

FREE DINING!!!!

Ooooohhh Awwwww!

So, the question now is when?
Wellllll...that's where our major road block is. Either at Spring Break or Christmas. Here's the whole scoop of ice cream complete to the cherry on top.

So, I'm in my room on our laptop DISing. Of course. Well, I was thirsty, so I walk through the living room singing Tangled :goodvibes when I am shushed by my brother. GASP! He. Did. Not. Just. Shush. Me. Oh, but he did. I turn to shoot daggers at him when he points into the study where my dad has the doors closed. I look at my brother, still angry, with a quizzical look plastered on my face. Then, he says 7 simple words that give color to my world.

Dad.
Is.
On.
The
Phone.
With.
Disney.

Then, many reactions come over me. The first was:

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Then, these followed in chronological order:

:faint::faint::faint::faint:

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I think you understand.

So, in my moment of glee, I had completely forgotten my anger, and my face took on a different look. I turned back to my brother, and bombarded him with questions.
"When are we going?"
"Where are we staying?"
"For how long?"
"What is the reason?"
"WHAT IS HAPPENING!?!"

But, of course, my brother knew no more than I did. :sad1: So, I burst in to the study to see my parents sitting in the computer room. My dad with the phone pressed against his ear, listening earnestly, and my mom reading about the dining plan online. When my dad got off he also got all the questions. He said that the offer had just come up recently and he didn't know if we would do it, but he wanted to at least check it out. It's crazy that Disney would have this offer right before CHRISTMAS (when we're out of school) AND at Spring Break (when we're out of school).

Now, we, once again, have pushed DL out of the present plan, but it might still happen. Although, we had been wanting to do the World at Christmas, and that's another "change of scenery" which is what my mom wants. So, it might work. That's my top choice right now. Christmas at the World. It seems perfectly perfect in every delightful way...to me, at least. A great climate, a great Christmas-y atmosphere, we're out of school, and tons more. BUT, we'd be gone up until Christmas Eve, the crowds would be huge, and other problems would face us.

I'm pretty sure everyone would be OK with it, though. I was on board from the get-go, Blake agreed when he heard about the free-dining, Mom likes the Christmas idea, and Dad is pretty satisfied. His thing is that he thinks it will be super crowded. We've been at Spring Break 3 years straight and never had any unbearable lines or crowds. He doesn't really wanna risk it at Christmas.

Oh, AND another exciting thing is that IF we go, we MIGHT possibly add 2 more to our crew! My grandparents! These are my mom's parents and they've gone many times with us before. When I'm sure IF they'll be going with us IF we go, I'll introduce them. Stay tuned because these next few days should be pretty exciting full of decisions galore.

Oh, and by the way, I start school in less than 2 weeks!!!:sad2:

YAY for possible another trip in the works! I hope it works out! Disney at Christmastime is absolutely amazing! I really hope it all works out for you.

I love all of the pics from your previous trips, thanks for sharing:goodvibes

I can't believe how soon your start school! I don't start for another month!

YAY for possible another trip in the works! I hope it works out! Disney at Christmastime is absolutely amazing! I really hope it all works out for you.

I love all of the pics from your previous trips, thanks for sharing:goodvibes

I can't believe how soon your start school! I don't start for another month!

Oh, you lucky duck!! I wish that was ME! I'm transferring this year so it will be different. Same district. Diferent School. Ugh...:sad2:

Great Pre Trip Report! :goodvibes Looking forward to hearing more!! :teleport:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter