• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When Will My Life...or trip... Begin?? ~A LionKingDramaQueen PTR ~NEW UPDATE 2-28

So it is looking like spring break with the dining plan. And we also get to take the Grandparents. Should be another fun trip.

Okay, so I have some good news and some great news. I'm seriously so excited that I'm not even sitting down as I type this. I'm standing up, bouncing up and down with joy. SO, if there are some spelling errors, please excuse me. :rotfl:

So, as you know...my parents (and me) have been trying to decide whether "to go or not to go" (that is the question!! :lmao:). And if we do go, when? Christmas or Spring Break?

Well, after a lot of thinking and comparing apples to pears and so on, I am happy to inform you that...

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!

Woohoo! Best. Day. Ever!

^^Anyone catch my Tangled ref...again?^^

Anyways...back to business... Here's how it happened...

Well, you already know the whole "dad's on the phone with Disney" part, but here's how the actual DECISION was made.

First, Dad gave us some options. He asked if we'd rather go on a cruise or go to Disney, and I regret to inform you that I was unsure what to pick. I love them both! And even though Mickey trumps the ocean...we hadn't been on a cruise to recently, so I was kinda ready for one. My brother said a cruise and my mom and dad didn't care. I said that it depended. When we would go and to where...the land or the world? the carribbean or Alaska? My dad was able to do some more of his magic, calling around and doing more research and he then told us that we might be able to do both!!

Why?

Because...we could go to Disney at Spring Break and at this time, next Summer go to Alaska on a cruise!!

It's a double-sided piece of chocolate! Y'know...like a double edged sword is bad...but this is good! Er...never mind.

So, the decision was made that we will go to Disney WORLD at SPRING BREAK! I will admit, that I was leaning more towards Christmas, but I am psyched none-the-less. Next on our list-of-happiness is the WHO-ARE WE BRINGING??
Welllll...we get to bring...

MY GRANDPARENTS!!

Yay! Soooo...I thought that I would do their introductions.

DGM- Martha. This is my mom's mom. She has gone to Disney with us multiple times, so she knows the parks pretty well. She is another go-with-the flow member of our family and a joy to be on a trip with. Here she is...my wonderful Mamaw:

IMG_9365.jpg

DGP- Michael. This is my mom's DAD. He has ALSO gone to the WOrld with us many times. He is his own character. He can be a bit crazy, but we love him for it.

IMG_9282.jpg

Here's a picture of them together at F&G Festival in 2009. I really like this picture:

IMG_9732.jpg

Oh...and ANOTHER great thing is...we get...

FREE DINING!!

We've never done the dining plan before, so this is another thing to look forward too. We have about 10 table service restaurants already picked out...and we have to narrow it down to 7. I will give y'all that info in my next update. I have to create SOME suspense, right?? :goodvibes

Thanks for reading! Have a magical day!!

Ahhhh! I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to hear where you are staying and your ADRs! We did an Alaska cruise a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it! Tons of fun!! What cruiseline are you going on?

Ahhhh! I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to hear where you are staying and your ADRs! We did an Alaska cruise a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it! Tons of fun!! What cruise line are you going on?

Did the Norwegian Spirit in 2004 to Alaska and have done several caribbeans, mostly on Carnival, but one on Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas. The Alaskan will be on the Carnival Spirit. We were joking about how we took the NORWEGIAN Spirit last time and the CARNIVAL Spirit this time. I know we will have a great time. Really looking forward to it. Glad that you're joining in! Hope I can keep up with my updating. Haha.:goodvibes

:eek: Are you a pin trader???????

I love all of your pics when you were younger. :goodvibes

Yay!!! Congrats. :thumbsup2

:eek: Are you a pin trader???????

I love all of your pics when you were younger. :goodvibes

Yay!!! Congrats. :thumbsup2

I was in pin-trading for about 2 trips. It didn't last long... Just until a little 4 yr old girl came up to me and asked for my FAVORITE PEN!! Her mom was standing there, so I didn't know what to say. I. Gave. It. Away. Ugh! And all I got in return was a stupid princess pin about 50 years old. :sad2:

Dining Decisions

So...I promised you would get to hear our current dinig plans, so here they are.

Table Services

1. Cape May Cafe- We ate here in 2009 and LOVED it! My grandparents haven't been here though, and we're sure my grandpa would absolutely LOVE (like us) the food.

2. Captain's Grille- We haven't done this before, and at first we were gonna have to chose between this one and Cape May, but I think it's been worked out o where we can have both.

3. Tutto Italia-
&
4. Via Napoli- These 2 were my picks. However, I have to pick one. We've never eaten anywhere in W.S. and I really wanted to experience Italy. I still haven't decided which though.

5. Teppan Edo- My mom really wants to do this because of it's Japanese theme. Like I said, we've never eaten at W.S. so we are really excited about getting to do that this trip.

6. Liberty Tree Tavern- We've been her twice before and loved it both times. It's just so great to take a break during your trip and get some great ol' home cooking.

7. Ohana- This is our family favorite. The past 3 trips we've eaten here and plan to make it 4!

8. Boma- Blake loves A.K.L. and is so fascinated by all the animals, so we will probably do this agin. We weren't super impressed with the food, but it's our only chance to see the resort and my grandparents haven't done it before.

9. (Forget the full name) Cinderella's Celebration Dinner (?) (Grand Florideann)- My grandma once made a comment about wanting to eat at the big hotel, so we will present this to her to see if it sounds like what she was talking about.

10. Yak and Yeti- We will probably eliminate this one. The main reason we had picked it is because it was IN the ANimal Kingdom and there are not very many T.S. to eat there. However, the food doesn't sound to great...SO we probably won't do it...

So those are the 10 Table Service meals were trying to decide on at the time. We have to narrow it down to 7. If anyone has any suggestions or family favorites out of those 10 please lemme know.

Thanks for reading!

And remember.....any help is appreciated!!! :goodvibes

Dining Decisions

So...I promised you would get to hear our current dinig plans, so here they are.

Table Services

1. Cape May Cafe- We ate here in 2009 and LOVED it! My grandparents haven't been here though, and we're sure my grandpa would absolutely LOVE (like us) the food.

2. Captain's Grille- We haven't done this before, and at first we were gonna have to chose between this one and Cape May, but I think it's been worked out o where we can have both.

3. Tutto Italia-
&
4. Via Napoli- These 2 were my picks. However, I have to pick one. We've never eaten anywhere in W.S. and I really wanted to experience Italy. I still haven't decided which though.

5. Teppan Edo- My mom really wants to do this because of it's Japanese theme. Like I said, we've never eaten at W.S. so we are really excited about getting to do that this trip.

6. Liberty Tree Tavern- We've been her twice before and loved it both times. It's just so great to take a break during your trip and get some great ol' home cooking.

7. Ohana- This is our family favorite. The past 3 trips we've eaten here and plan to make it 4!

8. Boma- Blake loves A.K.L. and is so fascinated by all the animals, so we will probably do this agin. We weren't super impressed with the food, but it's our only chance to see the resort and my grandparents haven't done it before.

9. (Forget the full name) Cinderella's Celebration Dinner (?) (Grand Florideann)- My grandma once made a comment about wanting to eat at the big hotel, so we will present this to her to see if it sounds like what she was talking about.

10. Yak and Yeti- We will probably eliminate this one. The main reason we had picked it is because it was IN the ANimal Kingdom and there are not very many T.S. to eat there. However, the food doesn't sound to great...SO we probably won't do it...

So those are the 10 Table Service meals were trying to decide on at the time. We have to narrow it down to 7. If anyone has any suggestions or family favorites out of those 10 please lemme know.

Thanks for reading!

And remember.....any help is appreciated!!! :goodvibes

Dining choices look great! Haven't done 1-3...my parents went to Via Napoli and LOVED it! They put it on the must-do list for our next trip! We love Teppen Edo as well. 6-8 are good choices. Is 1900 Park Fare what number 9 is? We did that this past trip and thought it was decent. A good option for somewhere outside the parks. As for number 10, we LOVE Yak and Yeti...it's a family favorite for us! Can't wait to hear what you decide on!!

Dining choices look great! Haven't done 1-3...my parents went to Via Napoli and LOVED it! They put it on the must-do list for our next trip! We love Teppen Edo as well. 6-8 are good choices. Is 1900 Park Fare what number 9 is? We did that this past trip and thought it was decent. A good option for somewhere outside the parks. As for number 10, we LOVE Yak and Yeti...it's a family favorite for us! Can't wait to hear what you decide on!!

Via napoli was my top choice, too...but on all ears.net it has a low rating. :confused3 Here in Houston there is a restaurant called Benihana's. It sounds A LOT like Teppan Edo. My bro and mom are really looking forward to that one. Yes, thank you. It IS 1900 Park Fare. We have done there Mary Poppins character breakfast before, and my family liked, but I'm not a breakfast eater so I prefer not to waste TS credits on a breakfast. SO...since we've been wanting to return to GF for a little while now, we thought this would be a good opportunity. However, I think that it is one of our lesser choices and we will probably not do it. We thought really hard on Yak and Yeti, but it's not looking to promising. I don't know why. Just doesn't sound to appealing. :goodvibes

7. The Dining is Done...the Dreaded has Begun

I have great news EVERYBODY!!!!

My mom woke up yesterday a 5:30am to book our ADRS!!!!!

CUE THE APPLAUSE...jk

We got everything we wanted. Well, except for a few times, but thats just fine. Here's the result!!

Okay, so I'm the only one awake right now, and I cant find where my mom write them down...so never mind. I'l just have to show them to y'all later. But...

Some more kinda good, kinda bad, kinda funny, kinda sad news is the whole new Disney Dining dates. Obviously, Disney realized they made a boo-boo with their free DDP dates. So...they changed 'em...of course. BUT, we already have ours booked, so we get to keep it! YAY! Now...the sad, bad news is for those of you who either missed the dates or were still considering whether to do it or not. Sorry! :sad2:

But...back to happy news!! This is non-Disney realted-GASP! That's not allowed here on the DIS, Miss Abbi!- Calm yourselves.

My grandpa got a horsie!!!!

I'll post pictures later, but for now, you'll just have to use your imagination. (Figment would be so proud! :rotfl: ) Anyways, though, I am super, duper excited to have those new additons to our big family, as well as Disney.

The days are slowly aproaching!!...not really...but I like to think that. :rolleyes1

We are down to, what? About 150 days??!! Not too bad!!

This update was basically just so I can say that I actually updated. No true point, since I can't find the ADRs...but I'll give 'em to you SOON!

Well, off to school with me. Ugh! Yeah, I know. The dreaded has begun...oh well, just gives me more to look forward to at the World!!

I Have the Key to the Promise Land

Okay...so I finally have the promised dining!

Like I said...my mom woke up extra early the other day too book these. SO we basically got exactly what we wanted.

Saturday-Dinner at Captain's Grille
Sunday- Dinner at Yak and Yeti
Monday- Dinner at Teppan Edo (is that two or one word??)
Tuesday- Dinner at Ohana
Wednesday- Dinner at Liberty Tree
Thursday- Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Friday- Dinner at Cape May

So...all in all, I'm super excited!!!! And so is the rest of the family.

I think, in general, the one we are looking forward to the most is Teppan Edo because it sounds so neat and we've never been there before.

Oh, and I figured out that we are actually 5 months, 3 weeks, and 2 days away from our trip...as you can see from my NEW ticker!! EEP! :hyper:

Well, I know that was like the shortest update in the history of short updates, and I apologize. But, I have to get ready for...dun dun...SCHOOL. I'm going to refer to it as The Dreaded from now on. Anyways, though...I have to go. I might be able to update later today or tomorrow, though because it's:

Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday,
Everybody's looking forward to the weekend, weekend
;)

As I leave that song in your head, I'm off to the Dreaded. Bye bye!!

Doing great Abbi. You haven't mentioned where we are staying yet. You are bound to have tons of stories about past trips with the grandparents.

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Great now I want popcorn...

well now that im done making funny with the HaHa I cant wait to hear more. popcorn::

Doing great Abbi. You haven't mentioned where we are staying yet. You are bound to have tons of stories about past trips with the grandparents.

^^This is my Dad. by the way!!

Oh, yes! I have PLENTY of stories. And I'm sure that we will make many more this trip as we always do. Love you!

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Great now I want popcorn...

well now that im done making funny with the HaHa I cant wait to hear more. popcorn::

lolz. Glad you're still with me!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter