• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will AP return?

I think they should just make you sign a waiver with the understanding the AP is completely nonrefundable even if the parks cease to exist and that park admission is not guaranteed under any circumstances. Let people decide their risk tolerance.
Just say no(way)!

Any AP sold in any park should offer 12 months of available visitation to a park

A no refunds clause? Sure, only if they would extend the pass for a minimum of the closure or travel ban from individual’s home state

If it got to that point , Would be smart policy/great PR if they Stated upfront they’d toss in a bonus 3 To 6 month extension

g

In short, so that if something like this ever happens again, I am covered for quite a few years. If they suddenly stopped selling DVC APs forever, i'm guessing they'd honor whatever you had already purchased. Honestly, we had a supply of 10 day no exp tix back in the day that lasted us for soooo long. Even now, those waterpark options never expire so we are set for LIFE on those since we don't waterpark very often (maybe just to hit the lazy river for a few hours once in a great while). So, I guess I'm just not at all averse to stockpiling. It has always worked out for us.

I buy APs as I earn the Disney Rewards Dollars from my credit card. Then I also watch for gift card promos all year (like my preferred grocery store will do bonus gift cards frequently and I use them for Disney gift cards that I can apply to APs) I also have unused tickets in my account (from previous years free dining bookings) that I can apply to our passes, but that has to be done in person (and I was planning on taking care of that in April). So, for me, it's not a big cash investment to get to the point where I could have any APs we are currently using + 1 set sitting in our account. Then just keep adding on.

When I bought DVC just a few years ago APs were only $550. I beat the last price increase (even if just for a few passes) by buying ahead. We won't typically renew APs. We do 1 trip per calendar year, 11ish months apart. Sometimes we may skip a year, sometimes not, but it makes more sense to not renew and buy new with the way we travel.

Who knows how long this park reservation crap will go on. If I've always got AP vouchers sitting there, I can always book parks. I just hate being tied down. We may only do 3 park days total for our January trip. But with AP vouchers sitting there, I can book parks for every day and add some flexibility to our vacation even if I end up just upgrading one of our existing tix to a 3 day park ticket.

TBH, I feel you on the January trip. I just changed my resort selections last night and it gave me a renewed sense of excitement, but the worry and disappointment in all that will be different is still underlying and drags me down a bit. It's been a rollercoaster for me. Some days I just can't wait to go and others I wonder if I even want to at all.
So why even buy an annual pass for 1 trip a year? Do u go for 10 or more days? I guess I get it and I don’t get it.

Just say no(way)!

Any AP sold in any park should offer 12 months of available visitation to a park

A no refunds clause? Sure, only if they would extend the pass for a minimum of the closure or travel ban from individual’s home state

If it got to that point , Would be smart policy/great PR if they Stated upfront they’d toss in a bonus 3 To 6 month extension

This is exactly why they are NOT selling APs at all.

My point was that some of us (especially those of us that would get near full value in 1 trip) would be willing to take the gamble. Obviously, you would not and that's fine. It would allow some of us who want them anyway to have them. If we lose, we lose. It's nobody elses problem (including Disney).

So why even buy an annual pass for 1 trip a year? Do u go for 10 or more days? I guess I get it and I don’t get it.

Some people go every calendar year around the same time, but change up the week so they get both out of one pass, Then buy every other year.

We did it before DVC for years, We would go the 3rd week in August one year, and then the first or second week the next,

So yearly trips, but two on one pass. As a family of 5 going 5 to 7 days each time, it added up over buying multiday tickets each time.

This is exactly why they are NOT selling APs at all.

My point was that some of us (especially those of us that would get near full value in 1 trip) would be willing to take the gamble. Obviously, you would not and that's fine. It would allow some of us who want them anyway to have them. If we lose, we lose. It's nobody elses problem (including Disney).

The only problem is that many other AP holders who are not DVC owners do have a problem with it as is and I have read many got refunds due to the limitations.

So, Disney looks at so much more than DVC. From their side, I think they had to suspend because they want to be able to sell the same product when sales resume at the same...if not higher price.

Yes, it does stink for those who did not have one before sales shut down. But, I’d bet they have data and numbers to support keeping sales suspended.

I space 2 trips just under 12 months. ex: We went early December in 2018 and end of November 2019. If I'd renewed, I'd pay a renewal for 1 trip in 2020 then another renewal for 2021 (about $1300 incl tax). If I bought new, I get 2 trips (2020 and 2021) from 1 pass (about $750). It is cheaper. (Ignoring COVID and the fact that my plans changed).

OTOH, currently I'm looking at $575 tix for a 5 day hopper in January. If we decide to extend our trip to 7, our tix would be $627.
A gold pass renewal is $611 and gets you photopass downloads (essentially memory maker). So, in some circumstances even renewing your Gold AP for 1 trip per year can pay for itself on less than a 10 days.

For the record, there's no way I'm paying for a 5 day hopper in January. I'll buy a 3 day ticket w/o hopper and skip AK. Then, we won't return until late 2022. Ticket prices are freaking out of control.

If AP returns in January, we will return sometime Oct - Dec 2021 (a rare 2 in a calendar year for us) and then again late 2022 on a new pass.

Man if you can apply the cost of your tickets towards a future AP that would be amazing. We have never shelled out money for single trip tickets so I was really sad about doing that for our November trip.

Edit: I won't hold out hope this will still be an option for our trip until the credit is on our account. 43 days is basically like 8 years in Covid times.

The only problem is that many other AP holders who are not DVC owners do have a problem with it as is and I have read many got refunds due to the limitations.

So, Disney looks at so much more than DVC. From their side, I think they had to suspend because they want to be able to sell the same product when sales resume at the same...if not higher price.

Yes, it does stink for those who did not have one before sales shut down. But, I’d bet they have data and numbers to support keeping sales suspended.

Oh, I'm sure their #s support it. They've got people (locals and DVCers especially) looking at spending $500+ per ticket per trip on multiple trips. And no, they're not happy about refunds, I'm sure.

They are not selling the same product on day tickets either, but that doesn't seem to concern them.

My point is, if they wanted to be generous to repeat visitors and not risk the refund debacle again, they could simply add a clear and upfront no refund policy for passes and let us decide to risk it or not. I'm not talking about just DVC members, They could still sell all APs and if you don't like the terms, don't buy it.

They cannot use park attendance issues as a reason not to sell AP now that they have a park reservation system in place and a plan to return to hopping in January. They could move the risk of selling APs to the consumer. If they don't, they are just trying to bleed us dry any way they can.

Oh, I'm sure their #s support it. They've got people (locals and DVCers especially) looking at spending $500+ per ticket per trip on multiple trips. And no, they're not happy about refunds, I'm sure.

They are not selling the same product on day tickets either, but that doesn't seem to concern them.

My point is, if they wanted to be generous to repeat visitors and not risk the refund debacle again, they could simply add a clear and upfront no refund policy for passes and let us decide to risk it or not. I'm not talking about just DVC members, They could still sell all APs and if you don't like the terms, don't buy it.

They cannot use park attendance issues as a reason not to sell AP now that they have a park reservation system in place and a plan to return to hopping in January. They could move the risk of selling APs to the consumer. If they don't, they are just trying to bleed us dry any way they can.

Park attendance is an issue as APs are limited still to holding only 3 unless one is staying onsite,

When I said different product, I meant unlimited visits and park hopping. For 2020, the multiday tickets can’t add that, so you are getting what you paid for. I was not referring to the experience.

Of course they could sell them but obviously decide suspending them was the better move.

I know they are shooting for Jan to return park hopping and if that ends up not getting delayed, then I would think we will see AP sales back for 2021.

Some people go every calendar year around the same time, but change up the week so they get both out of one pass, Then buy every other year.

We did it before DVC for years, We would go the 3rd week in August one year, and then the first or second week the next,

So yearly trips, but two on one pass. As a family of 5 going 5 to 7 days each time, it added up over buying multiday tickets each time.

Yup, we did that a few times. Our trips now average 10-14 nights, so it makes sense. Now that I've added a 3rd contract, we may end up going twice a year, two weeks during F&W and one week during Festival of the Arts, to technically I could three trips out of one pass.

Obviously, you would not and that's fine. It would allow some of us who want them anyway to have them. If we lose, we lose. It's nobody elses problem (including Disney).
I guess it’s never a good idea to make assumptions in general. Here, we obviously have a differing opinion of “full value” as it pertains to an AP

One trip per AP (with a chance of that not happening due to multiple covid related issues)...no thank you.

I squeeze my annual passes till they scream

Pre covid we fly down at least 6 times per year to do the parks

We’ve in hand U APs good until November, 2021

will buy the SW fun card again for 2022 if offered at discount on their blue Friday promo. We bought current one in 2020 and it’s now good untiL the end of the year

what We won’t do is buy multiple 4 or 5 day WDW tix every upcoming trip once our APs expire. Will use DVC For accommodations & spend our time in the other parks

DVC members have a reputation for not spending as much in the parks when they visit, it will be dramatically less if more members run the numbers & buy APs to other parks

I guess it’s never a good idea to make assumptions in general. Here, we obviously have a differing opinion of “full value” as it pertains to an AP

One trip per AP (with a chance of that not happening due to multiple covid related issues)...no thank you.

I squeeze my annual passes till they scream

Pre covid we fly down at least 6 times per year to do the parks

We’ve in hand U APs good until November, 2021

will buy the SW fun card again for 2022 if offered at discount on their blue Friday promo. We bought current one in 2020 and it’s now good untiL the end of the year

what We won’t do is buy multiple 4 or 5 day WDW tix every upcoming trip once our APs expire. Will use DVC For accommodations & spend our time in the other parks

DVC members have a reputation for not spending as much in the parks when they visit, it will be dramatically less if more members run the numbers & buy APs to other parks

Very nice!!!!

My husband worked 22 days straight, had 1 day off and is at about 17 days straight and counting at the moment. Don't even get me started on my eldest daughters schedule. We're never really sure she will get to come with us until she physically boards the plane. We are very lucky to find 1 week a year that we can all be off at the same time!

We have been meaning to get to the other parks again, but haven't in a long time. My kids (even as adults) aren't really big ride people, so there is very little to hold their interest for long. There are even quite a few rides @ Disney they don't do. We spend many days wandering around DS, World Showcase, and now SWGE eating, drinking and shopping. Lol.

That being said, our dues are low and pay for our room (as we will just break even on the buy-in), we fly on points, and we usually have enough Disney rewards / other credit card rewards to pay for APs. So, we can vacation for the cost of food and extras! So, I shouldn't complain!

BUT.... I will complain until we get APs back and if/ when I have to buy daily tickets! We don't get the value out of our APs that you do, but we still save over day tickets! More than anything, we like that we can go to a park for just a few hours a day and not feel bad about it. Sometimes, we just go into a park for a meal and then leave. We're not park commandos by any stretch of the imagination! And I bet we don't fit the DVC "norm" because we spend a lot of cash on food and other BS (We are the type of crazies that did a MVMCP and the Tony's party within the party. My D had a boyfriend with us, too. So, that was a $1500+ day!!!!). We definitely don't cook in our room, etc.

Saw this on a Disney blog,

Disney World is, once again, selling new Annual Passes, but only to those who had previously cancelled their passes or had their passes expire after March 16, 2020.

didn't see it discussed on the forums...anybody has more details? if it is true, really good news!

Saw this on a Disney blog,

Disney World is, once again, selling new Annual Passes, but only to those who had previously cancelled their passes or had their passes expire after March 16, 2020.

didn't see it discussed on the forums...anybody has more details? if it is true, really good news!

It was posted on the Rumors board as well but it seems to be true and one has to call if they believe they are eligible,

Its a good start and I am going to predict we will see all AP sales begin shortly. I had predicted by October earlier so maybe it will happen.

It was posted on the Rumors board as well but it seems to be true and one has to call if they believe they are eligible,

Its a good start and I am going to predict we will see all AP sales begin shortly. I had predicted by October earlier so maybe it will happen.

I saw this too, however, no mention of DVC pricing at all. So guessing it’s just the regular AP prices.....I’ve been waiting to read more on this.

so i cx'ed mine. it expired june 2020. so i can call and buy one? anyone check this out for sure?

I saw this too, however, no mention of DVC pricing at all. So guessing it’s just the regular AP prices.....I’ve been waiting to read more on this.

I think that if you are eligible for the DVC pricing it will be available. I didn’t see anything regarding it being any different for pricing then before,

Just to say that anyone with a canceled AP or expired one can get a new one.

Been on hold for 33min so far...I'll post back. I saw one poster who said he spent 3 hours and still came away without new APs...

So wish me luck....

If I have to hear 🎵Canadaaaaaaaaaaa🎵 one more time I may lose my mind...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter