When will AP return?

Can_Dannn

Mouseketeer
Any idea? We have 3 trips planned for the next 14 months, and want AP's.
Even if we buy individual tickets, I know they won't let us put that amount towards purchase of AP if we have already left the park for home / between trips.

Thoughts?!

I'm predicting Oct 1 as well.
Are dining plans for sure out until 2021?

They are notifying those with late 2021 DDP and cancelling them, yes.

I suspect it's a matter of contract. With DDP having already been cancelled through September, contracting restaurants for 3 months is a nuisance. Doing 15 month deals is also a nuisance. So it's easiest to just shrug and let it ride until 2022.

Why draw a correlation between the DDP and APs? I don't get it.

Because they are both about reducing the number of people attempting to visit the parks. Especially at discounted rates.

But if Disney cant even get their minimum required number to attend then we could see APs return sooner.

Last edited:
Because they are both about reducing the number of attempting to visit the parks. Especially at discounted rates.

But it Disney cant even get their minimum required number to attend then we could see APs return sooner.

It's also about how long Disney believe things will be on a modified experience.

I'm thinking 2021. There's been quite a bit of talk about the second wave this winter. If they sell AP and then have to shut down the parks again it will be a whole new round of refunds.

I think it's just easier for Disney to manage regular tickets at this point. I hope I am wrong, but if I was a betting man, and i am, I would put money on 2021

It also hard to sell an AP when hopping is blocked. We buy APs more for hopping than repeat visits really.

There are also DVC members with DVC resort reservations between now and end of 2020 who were planning to upgrade their Gold APs to Platinum to cover a visit during blockout dates in December. I personally know of two for sure. Those DVC members are hoping APs will be available for purchase and upgrade in 2020 for that reason, given that Disney knows those members exist... :rolleyes1

There are also DVC members with DVC resort reservations between now and end of 2020 who were planning to upgrade their Gold APs to Platinum to cover a visit during blockout dates in December. I personally know of two for sure. Those DVC members are hoping APs will be available for purchase and upgrade in 2020 for that reason, given that Disney knows those members exist... :rolleyes1
I'm one of those needing to upgrade my Gold APs to Platinum or I'll be canceling my Dec trip ☹

Disney will not close - they have the property littered in social distancing markers. Reduced numbers. Reservation systems. Symptom check points. And not to mention they are erecting COVID testing sites. They are preparing for second wave with abilities to test on site and turn anyone away with symptoms or positive tests.

100% WDW will not close again. They have done too much work to open, and the state relies on tourism.

I'm predicting Oct 1 as well.
Are dining plans for sure out until 2021?
Mr & I have a friendly wager

my thoughts are once the current APs are settled/refunds issued, my thots Oct also

he’s going with December

But if Disney cant even get their minimum required number to attend then we could see APs return sooner.
Selling APs would be a much needed cash infusion
It also hard to sell an AP when hopping is blocked. We buy APs more for hopping than repeat visits really.
Who’s to say the next offered APs will be the same product offered now?

could be considering AP lite
And not to mention they are erecting COVID testing sites. They are preparing for second wave with abilities to test on site and turn anyone away with symptoms or positive tests.

100% WDW will not close again. They have done too much work to open, and the state relies on tourism.
Never say never.

If things get much worse in a 2nd wave, The government may very well step in with more direct input. WDW & other tourism players in FL very well may not have the same carte Blanche

IMO there is no way will disney ‘eat’ the estimated $25 cost per person/guest ($ ant being reported here re usage in local boarding schools)

I can't picture any APs being sold until we know more about the vaccine, which could be a while. Disney does not want to deal with shut downs and refunds for APs, which is very much possible right now. I doubt we even see APs in Jan or Feb.

APs are already booking solid on the reservation system, except Epcot. Disney is trying to sell full freight tickets, and the FL discount tickets through Sept.

Mr & I have a friendly wager

my thoughts are once the current APs are settled/refunds issued, my thots Oct also

I agree with you. I was on the phone canceling our current APs and the CM suggested October or late fall as well. (I know, that's only a step up from WDW bus driver...)

I could see them selling a modified AP that still includes photopass but no park hopping, or limited park hopping (2nd park after 2pm, and only 2 parks a day), or something like that. <--- pure speculation on my part.

I agree with you. I was on the phone canceling our current APs and the CM suggested October or late fall as well. (I know, that's only a step up from WDW bus driver...)

I could see them selling a modified AP that still includes photopass but no park hopping, or limited park hopping (2nd park after 2pm, and only 2 parks a day), or something like that. <--- pure speculation on my part.

LOL this made me chuckle...thanks for the smile I needed that! :rotfl2:

I like your idea of a limited park hopper pass, this would work well for us. Would be nice to see price grading based on each plan...::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter