When to start using ketone strips?

gshoemate

<font color=blue>Wants to Talk to the Dolphins!<br
O.K., I received my ebay ketone strips and as of today I am officially back on Atkins.....no more messing around! And it's only a few weeks right then I can start adding gooey stuff made with splenda back into my diet (thats what I have to keep telling myself anyways). So when should I start using the strips? I know I should use them first thing in the morning but how long into induction should I wait? Thanks a bunch!!!

I'd wait until your third day, then just check to see if you've hit ketosis. Then, as long as you keep doing what you're doing, you don't need to check again, unless you hit a big stall. If you go a week or two with no loss, sometimes it's nice to check a strip, just to make sure you're still burning fat.

But, if you're losing weight, and you're not hungry all the time, then don't worry about it - you're in ketosis! :)

Remember, the sticks don't always work on everybody. Sometimes the sticks are defective, and sometimes people just don't respond to them. So, don't get into the habit of counting on them. It's just something else to worry about.

Good luck!

What are ketone strips? Also, is there some sort of diet pill for atkins with a anme familar to Ketose? I saw something in the store today cant recall the name but it looked like that and it said soemthing about for a low carb diet?

renee

When you are burning fat, your body puts off Ketones in your urine. Ketone strips show the amount of ketones in your urine. It's just a way to see if you're burning fat.

The diet pills that claim to burn carbs, etc. don't work. If you're following a low-carb diet, you won't need pills. They are just one more thing for your organs to have to process needlessly. ::yes::

Do the Ketone strips work for WW as well? Or is this measurement only valid if you are doing low carb diet?

Ketostix are only good for those of us eating low-carb.

Here's a tip for making those expensive strips last longer. I've heard of people taking a small pair of scissors and carefully cutting them in half.

I've been eating low carb for quite a while and have never felt the need to use the strips. I figure as long as I'm losing, that's good enough for me.

Yeah, I think I'd wait for the third day. You should be in ketosis by then if you are keeping to under 20 carbs a day.

I think the book states that the glucose in your system is used up in 48 hours if you haven't had any carbs to replace it.

I stay in ketosis if I stay at around 20 carbs a day (give or take a few). I've noticed if I go to 30 grams, I'm out! You can still lose weight if you are eating more than 20.........say even 40-60, but it won't be as fast. To each his own. :D

I cut my strips in half, too. Those puppies are expensive and have an expiration date on them. Oh, and keep them away from moisture.

Good luck!:wave:

There is no "Diet Pill" for Atkins but there are vitamins and Dieters' Advantage that is a supplement that controls hunger.
I think these all work well and I use them but really you are ok with a good multi Vitamin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter