When to start looking for airfare?

Pembo

OH-IO
We are headed to WDW the week before Easter 2013. We need to fly out on a Saturday am but the return times are more flexible.

In the past I started looking for airfare about 6 months out. Does that rule still hold? Or should I start looking at 11 months?

Thanks for any opinions...

start looking now, you never know when an awesome deal will come out. We are about 6 months before our trip, some places have prices and some dont. The ones that do have them are about 500 more as a family then last year, when we booked about 7.5 months before.

I usually look about 9 months out to give me a baseline and then I keep an eye on the flights I'm interested in until they reach a price I feel is ok.

Depending on what airline you fly, you can get a credit if the cost does go down.

I found this a few weeks ago that I thought was interesting. I've never used it though. It's supposed to help you decide when to buy your airline ticket.

http://www.bing.com/travel/

I have found that purchasing tickets approx. 4 months in advance can get you a decent price. I checked the link that the previous poster, posted and it gave me a $368 RT price for my flight which listed 68% confidence - whatever that means, but I believe I can get my flight for under $250 - $255. I will continue to check until flights and when prices are more in my range then I will buy. I think pricing also depends on the markets and how many competing airlines there are. United and Continental merged, as well as Air-tran and SWA, so less competing airlines could me higher fares. Best of luck to all of us trying to get a good price!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter