• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

when to reserve a car for July 2003?

dznyacct

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip to Vero Beach and WDW next July. When should I reserve a rental car(s)? There will 4 adults and 4 kids, so I think we're going to have to get 2 cars. The rates that I have seen for a full sized van were horrible ($750 for 5 days vs. renting 2 intermediate cars for $320 total). I hope Dollar has another great code like ENTERTAIN that we can use.

I usually wait until after I have reserved airfare - that way I know for sure the dates and times of departure and arrival.

I would recommend that you check the rates every so often (there is still a lot of time before July 2003 arrives). If you see what you consider a reasonable rate, make your reservation(s). That way, you know you will have something that you can at least live with. Car reservations are very easy to make and cancel. After you have reserved, continue checking. If you see a better rate or a good code comes out, make a new reservation(s). Then cancel the old ones.

Good luck!

The minute you think you know your dates, reserve your wheels online if you use Dollar as I do. You put no money or credit card down and you can cancel a ressie over the web and make a new (better) one at the same time. Just save the e-mail comfirmations you get to protect yourself. I was kicking myself for waiting to get the car for our Nov. trip because the rates went through the roof. I locked in the best rate I could until the ENTERTAIN code came up, the I made a new ressie and cancelled the old.

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter