When making ADR's do I let them know that...

They have always asked when making the adr, Im not sure why.

The CM asked me, and I responded that "Yes, I had the plan -- but would also have to pay for at least one meal OOP." I quickly added that I hadn't yet figured which meal it would be and the CM never asked anything further on the subject. I wonder if it's simply a survey sort of thing...

They asked me the same question when I called for my ADR's and I said that I was planning on adding the dining plan eventually. She did not mention it any further. Later I added the DDP to my reservation and made further ADR's when asked again I said yes I am on the DVC Dining Plan. She then asked me is this the one where you get 1Table service, 1 Counter Service, and 1 snack ? I said yes. She did not mention it further either. So, I tend to think that it is a survey type question that they are told to ask. I do not think that it has anything to do with our ADRs. But, as we all know, we shoulld inform the servers of the plan when we order.

I called to change my room only to a package for the DP and the CM I had, had to go into all my ADR's and note that I had the DP. She said it was just to let the resteraunts be aware that we had the plan.

The only other reason would be for things like the Fantasmic Dinner package. If you're on the dining plan they'll take your CC # to hold that reservation but won't charge you (as long as you show up and have credits left on the plan). If you don't have the dining package they'll put that charge on your card right then.

I had $200 taken from my credit card today, although I told them we were on the plan. It has been sorted out now, but if you book restaurants like Hoop de do they ask for your c.c to safegaurd against no shows. It is important to make sure they KNOW your on the plan. I also checked my reservations and they got one totally wrong.(glad I found out now though)

I NEVER mentioned I was on the Dining Plan when making ADRs or while I was eating at the restaurant of choice. At the end of the meal, usually when I pulled out my "magic card" (my resort card) THEY would ask me!!! But if not, I would say I was on the dining plan ... and what I wanted to do with any additional charges (for bar drinks or fruit bowl at breakfast).

I did have to give my CC for CRT ...

After each meal I carefully looked at the remaining credits -- and had no problem at all even for CRT.

It absolutely worked fabulous for my DH and I and I will definately use again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter