When is it real?

Its real for me when i get on the airplane and I am on the way to MCO. Its soo exciting, lookin out the window just waiting to be there...there is nothing better to me!

I am always so stressed before we leave, mainly because I don't want to leave my doggies. It's probably not until we pull into the hotel, but even then it's surreal.

I just feel my excitement slowly building up.

1. When and how we tell the kids

2. when we exchange our money

3. Going on the flight

And the main one is

4. leaving MCO and just feeling the heat and getting the florida smell.

5. examining your resort as soon as you've checked in

6. Standing on main st looking at the castle

for you? When does the reality that you are heading to WDW hit for you?

For me it is when we pay for the plane tickets. Then every little thing makes it more and more real!

Like paying the balance of the WDW part, getting my Mickey Mail, making dinner ressies, having DH put it on his calendar at work... this can be hard to get accomplished.

So how about you?

As soon as I call to make ressie

As soon as I walk into the lobby from ME...

Everything from the smells, sights, and sounds around us. I think when we're officially told our room location and number is when everything sinks in...

42 days :cloud9:

After 1400 miles... this is when it's really real...:lovestruc

P1000433.jpg

Although I will say, when our travel papers arrived today, with our luggage tags...that was pretty sweet too!!!:cheer2:

When we load the kids up in the rental car in the middle of the night--beginning the 9 hour drive.

We now drive for most of our trips, so for me it is "real" when we hit I-95 in South Carolina. It is warm, we are in the south, we're past half-way from our home, the traffic is heavy, and I KNOW that I-95 south leads to Florida!

My thoughts exactly! We drive from NY and feel the same. The real REALITY hits me when I leave work the day before we are suposed to go. Thats when vacation begins for me! :banana:

As with others, the family vehicle serves as transportation. There are two targets that stand out to heighten the anticipation and make the trip increasingly real. The first is the Florida welcome station along I-95. The warmer weather, palm trees and gratuitous orange juice help to signify the start of relaxation and enjoyment. The second has been mentioned by others – the welcome signs along World Drive. Use to be Mickey would gradually reveal himself as you progressed north along Word Drive – ears peeping from behind things and increasing appearance until the full mouse was revealed. Can’t remember if that’s still the case or not.

I think I've shared this story in a few other threads ... this is when it was real for me: One Sunday afternoon in early January, DD 35 walked into the kitchen (they live right down the road from us here in VT) and announced to DW and me: "We're all going to Disney World! We need to go (her, DSiL 39 and DGS 8), and you guys need to go. Dad get on the internet and do that thing you do. I'll get the plane tickets, here are the dates." And DW said "Last nite he saw that stay 4 get 3 free commercial on TV and he (me) let out such a sad sigh. Let's go!"

So when another member of the family makes the decision - that's when it's real, because I'm always thinking about ways to go to the World. Thanks for asking!!!!

When I hit that "Purchase now" button to buy our plane tickets. No turning back after that! :laughing:

Getting on the plane because I've only flown to WDW no place else. Prior to the trip I'm pulled in a zillion differnt directions and don't have time to breath let alone get psyched about the trip. Once we deplane and hit the mini monorail I wind down to vacation mode enjoy the DME ride and just wait for the beautiful sign(LOVE the picture in a previous post:thumbsup2 ) at that moment a feeling of "I'm home" comes over me followed by tears because dd usually throws her arms around me and says thank you for bringing me to my most favorite place.

For me, it has always been when we arrived and walked through the gates to MK.

Not sure for this trip, it will be the first trip with our kids ... so I am sure I will tear up as soon as I see their excitement!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter