When is it real?

Suellen

DIS Veteran
for you? When does the reality that you are heading to WDW hit for you?

For me it is when we pay for the plane tickets. Then every little thing makes it more and more real!

Like paying the balance of the WDW part, getting my Mickey Mail, making dinner ressies, having DH put it on his calendar at work... this can be hard to get accomplished.

So how about you?

The first time I went, it didn't hit me until I was standing on Main Street. Stopped dead in my tracks and just stared at the castle.

We now drive for most of our trips, so for me it is "real" when we hit I-95 in South Carolina. It is warm, we are in the south, we're past half-way from our home, the traffic is heavy, and I KNOW that I-95 south leads to Florida!

When I'm on the tram at the airport from the gate to the main terminal and I can see the palm trees - that's when it becomes real followed by seeing Cinderella's Castle as I walk down Main Street - up until then it seems like a dream.

Tammy

when you get the bill

This is soooo true!!! LOL!!:rotfl:

The first time I went, it didn't hit me until I was standing on Main Street. Stopped dead in my tracks and just stared at the castle.

I have to agree with you there!! :thumbsup2

For me, it was my first trip and it was when I seen Tinkerbell fly across for Wishes and seen the fireworks!! I literally just started crying!! Getting misty eyed just thinking about it:cloud9:

When I get on the magical express and that movie starts playing....that's when I get the disney butterflies!

This is the first time we are using DME so for this trip it was when we got our luggage tags in the mail. But for our past trips was when we got our "Congratulations" email with our reservation number on it.

When i call to make my DVC reservation and my ADR's! Yippeee! So can't wait to be at SSR in April!:cool1:

It takes a while for things to hit me I guess. For me, it's when I turn the corner up Main Street and see the castle. Makes me misty every time. That moment is when I know I'm really at Disney!

Driving under the Walt Disney World entrance sign is definetly a moment...but honestly the minute we leave home I start feeling the magic!! I mean I know it's real now....but leaving the house is just such a big deal for me! It means all the details are taken care of and from then on out it's all about Disney!!

I start getting the butterflies when the plane takes off. Then I really know that I've made it and we're really, truly, totally, no turning back now gone.

:) It's when I book my trip.... Pick out where we want to make ADR's... packing.... Leaving for the airport.... taking off on the airplane ...landing in Orlando and seeing palm trees... through Orlando airport and taking the little monorail to the other side.... it is all real....;)
:love: I just love WDW vacations.... :love:

And yes, like others posted.... When I get the bill:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter