When is everyone going to Disney?

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by dischick87, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Shelby Schroepfer

Shelby Schroepfer Princess in disquise

December 2nd through the 22th this year! This will be our 3rd annual trip but our first during the "holiday" season! We are very excited!

2. Cornish Lad

Cornish Lad Mouseketeer

You will find the heat in Florida is totally different to what we get in the UK. The humidity in Florida is extremely high so the heat sort of envelopes you - I always refer back to my first experience in 1989 when we had to walk down the steps from the aircraft and walk across the tarmac to the terminal - on leaving the plane it felt as if the atmosphere wrapped itself around me like a blanket. I loved the sensation and have never tired of it. Just take things easy, don't try to rush around and do everything at once and drink lots of water. Also make sure that you are really well protected with sun cream - get the highest 5 star factor that you can find to start with - the sun burns here even on a cloudy day. We don't advocate going back to the hotel for a mid day break - just takes so much time out of the day - instead we just take it easy going through the parks and pace ourselves so that we get the most out of a park day without wrecking ourselves! Another tip is to wear wide brimmed hats to protect your forehead, ears and neck from severe sunburn. All in all take it easy, enjoy the different climate and have a great holiday! Not long now!! :mickeyjum

Sluf likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. toonaspie

toonaspie Just a poser

Literally next month (Sept 21-24th)

5. AurumPunzel

AurumPunzel Mouseketeer

Hopefully next year for WDW! Yearning to go back after soooooo long!

6. NC Disney Dad

NC Disney Dad Earning My Ears

The last week of November for our first family trip to Disney World.

7. Campinfam2018

Campinfam2018 DIS Dad #840

January 13th, 2019
    DW and I

8. sdemore

sdemore Mouseketeer

December 1, 2019 for a two week retirement trip. Celebrating after 40+ years of teaching.

Campinfam2018 and Sluf like this.
  9. Hootch

Hootch DIS Veteran

June 2019 - probably the Stockdale weeks.

10. DisneyyDaydream

DisneyyDaydream Adventure is Out There

Oct 27th-Nov 11th! Longest WDW trip to date, I’m soooo excited :worship:

11. soarin2018

soarin2018 Earning My Ears

July 9-15 First time at the Polynesian and I'm so excited!

12. ManalapanDad

ManalapanDad Earning My Ears

Taking my wife and son for second time this year sept 11th-26th so excited for our first food and wine festival and mnsshwp! Booked a little over a week ago and still getting Fastpasses we want and reservations so excited!

13. barbz56

barbz56 Earning My Ears

Sept.25-Oct. 1. My first solo trip. Going to MNSSHP too! 20 days till I'm at the happiest place on earth

14. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

When ever Disney announces the confirmed dates for Star Wars Land . Maybe June but it will be really hot and crowded. But do want to see 4th of July again

15. CobraBubbles

CobraBubbles We're getting off-subject here.

Coming up soon...Sept 22-29
    We are going to Paris the week after & still haven't decided if we will do any DLP while we are there...

16. invinciblesummer

invinciblesummer Earning My Ears

December 19th - 29th. A little worried about the crowds since that's always stressful but we never go when it's low crowds anyway so it's always at a 10 for me. I have no reference of what a 4 crowd level would look like hahaha

17. wisteria1019

wisteria1019 A dream is a wish your heart makes

Today marks my 30 day countdown!

18. aylinb

aylinb Earning My Ears

We are going Thanksgiving week (11/20-25). I will be exciting because we(DM :tigger::maleficenDH:donald: DD:tinker:) are leaving for the first time ever for Thanksgiving with our DD , My cousin & her DD. It will be a birthday / Thanksgiving. Are there any special things I should do or that there is to do?

19. Melanie230

Melanie230 DIS Veteran

Well thanks to Florence...we have rescheduled our trip from 9/13 to 9/27. So let's get this big momma out of here and get back to packing!

20. Cande

Cande Earning My Ears

Mid November! Surprise first trip for our 6 & 3 year olds. My hubs and I haven’t been since we were kids so this is kinda a newer experience for us too!

21. Disney-Nerd-4-Life

Disney-Nerd-4-Life Earning My Ears

That sounds like fun I hope you have a magical time :) I am hoping to go October 2018 for my 30th birthday it all depends on my husband for work :)