When does the 30 minute early "perk" begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion Nebula

DIS Veteran
I wasn't sure when this actually starts or if it has? And when using it do you just walk past the "public" line and through the checks as usual? I am trying to figure out how this works in regards to Hollywood Studios for instance. I didn't know if it raised your boarding pass chances or not.

A specific start date wasn't mentioned, just "later this year" as part of the 50th anniversary celebration. So I'd assume this fall, maybe summer at the earliest.

I would expect when the resorts become more crowded. Could be over Spring Break, otherwise probably summer.

I wasn't sure when this actually starts or if it has? And when using it do you just walk past the "public" line and through the checks as usual? I am trying to figure out how this works in regards to Hollywood Studios for instance. I didn't know if it raised your boarding pass chances or not.
It shouldn't have any effect on your Rise of the Resistance boarding pass chances. Those will be determined at 7:00 a.m., regardless of where you are at the time, at least under the current rules.

Will guests of good neighbor resorts (or whatever WDW calls their favored offsite resorts like Four Seasons) get this privilege?

I speculate all this means is that they will be giving Disney transportation users a 30-minute head start over people arriving from parking lots.

For such a small window I doubt they will be checking people at the gate, but I could be wrong.

Will guests of good neighbor resorts (or whatever WDW calls their favored offsite resorts like Four Seasons) get this privilege?
Not all "Good Neighbor" hotels had Extra Magic Hours privileges, although some non-Disney resorts did. I suspect those resorts that had Extra Magic Hours privileges to have Early Theme Park Entry privileges. The Disney Parks Blog article says: "Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels will be able to enjoy more fun with 30-minute early entry to ANY theme park, EVERY day." I've highlighted what seems to be the key language. I suspect the "other select hotels" will be those that had Extra Magic Hours privileges.

I am guessing they will let everyone in as usual but scan at the rides like they used too. Many people onsite drive, and those offsite can still use Disney transportation.

I am guessing they will let everyone in as usual but scan at the rides like they used too. Many people onsite drive, and those offsite can still use Disney transportation.
If that's the case, the lines will be packed with non resort guest since they don't scan till you get to the tapstyles. Disney is going to have to come up with something better.

A specific start date wasn't mentioned, just "later this year" as part of the 50th anniversary celebration. So I'd assume this fall, maybe summer at the earliest.
You don’t think early spring for spring break?

Any time I've done morning EMH they scanned at the park entrance, not the rides. They only scanned at the rides for evening EMH. At least in my experience.

I did EMH on New Years Day 2020 and they scanned at both the enterance and at the ride in the mornng at AK

You don’t think early spring for spring break?
They said it would be part of the 50th anniversary but no specific date. Just my personal opinion, but I don’t think the capacity limitations and social distancing measures will be lifted by spring. It would certainly be nice if I’m wrong.

Regarding separating resort from non-resort, they have already been doing that for EMH.
They let everyone in, then have CM stationed around the hub to scan MB and let resort guests move into Tomorrow land or Fantasy land.
They can easily do the same for this 30 min early entry.
OR,
They can just sort guests as they approach the tap styles and move non-resort guest to one side and let resort guests move through separated tap styles.
And for those saying they are already letting everyone in 45 min early now, maybe they will let all resort guests in 45 min early when this thing starts.

Regarding separating resort from non-resort, they have already been doing that for EMH.
They let everyone in, then have CM stationed around the hub to scan MB and let resort guests move into Tomorrow land or Fantasy land.
They can easily do the same for this 30 min early entry.
OR,
They can just sort guests as they approach the tap styles and move non-resort guest to one side and let resort guests move through separated tap styles.
And for those saying they are already letting everyone in 45 min early now, maybe they will let all resort guests in 45 min early when this thing starts.
That requires cast members checking, which involves labor and cost. It also slows down people who have to wait to be checked. When it's only 30 minutes extra, people may be bent out of shape by even having to wait a few minutes.

The most passive way to do this would be to let in resort bus/boat/resort monorail arrivals into the parks and hold back the parking lot guests for a few minutes.

Or maybe they will have some new procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter