When does Dining Plan start? Date of check-in or first day using park tickets?

Tigerfanshane

Earning My Ears
We have a reservation at Pop Century from December 31st to January 6th. We have a 5 day ticket with park hopper and the Disney Dining Plan.

I'm think about doing a 2nd reservation at another resort from the 28th of December to the 31st and just changing my 5 day park ticket to an 8 day park ticket on my existing reservation...would this work? Would I still be able to use my dining credits starting on the 31st? We're not wanting to do dining on the new 3 night reservation.

Your dining credits are tied to your resort reservation, not your tickets. Credits are available from check-in day through midnight of check-out day on the reservation with the dining plan. The dining plan will not extend to consecutive room-only reservations with the exception of the overlap day.

Unrelated to dining, but if your tickets are part of your package stay and your package stay is the 2nd reservation, you could have trouble activating package tickets in advance without the "flexible" upcharge.

Enjoy your vacation!

Your dining credits are tied to your resort reservation, not your tickets. Credits are available from check-in day through midnight of check-out day on the reservation with the dining plan. The dining plan will not extend to consecutive room-only reservations with the exception of the overlap day.

Unrelated to dining, but if your tickets are part of your package stay and your package stay is the 2nd reservation, you could have trouble activating package tickets in advance without the "flexible" upcharge.

Enjoy your vacation!
Ok, what is a flexible up charge and how much would that usually run?

Enjoy your vacation!
If you have a split ressie with the DP only on the first, you can still use it until midnight of original ressie check-out day? We want to save one of the table-service to use at the Snow White dinner the night we check-in at WL. Would this work?

If you have a split ressie with the DP only on the first, you can still use it until midnight of original ressie check-out day? We want to save one of the table-service to use at the Snow White dinner the night we check-in at WL. Would this work?
Yes. We're doing this coming up. Checking out of AKL on the 6th, checking into Gran Destino and using the last TS credits at Toledo.

It would probably be easier and cheaper to just change your tickets so they are attached to your FIRST stay. The only way this wouldn't work is if your tickets are a part of a FREE dining offer.

With the new date-based tickets, an option is the “flexible start date” which essentially overrides the dates and allows the ticket’s first use at any date (prior to expiration, which I think is 12/31/2020) as well as a full 14 day “use window.” The up charge varies depending on your dates - and ranges from under $5 for “expensive” ticket dates to a couple hundred bucks during “cheaper” ticket times. At year-end it likely is fairly low-cost add-on.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter