When do you start packing?

We leave in 13 days, yes we are counting!! :yay: when do you start packing? I'm ready to begin the process, but DH thinks it is still too soon.

In March for DLR I packed a week before. For our current WDW trip I packed yesterday (five days before.) My partner, though, packs the night before. Though I put together our quart TSA bags of toiletries three weeks in advance, just to get them out of the way. We only travel with one bag each (a carry-on), so it's probably easier to pack in advance when you're not taking too much. But if you have enough clothes to pack completely now and not impact what you'll wear between now and Disney, I say go for it! It's really great the night before your trip to know all you have to do is roll and go. :cool1:

This year I'm planning on packing one week ahead. Last time I think I packed earlier and all I did was fuss with the suitcases, second guessing myself about everything.

This year I swear I won't do that....:rotfl::rotfl: yeah right.

We're leaving for a week at WDW on Saturday and we strated packing last night!

So excited !!:dance3:

We leave in 20 days, and I just started putting together some toiletries today. It just helped put me in a good mood. Clothes won't get done until a day or two before because I will need to wear them here too. Once all the laundry is done, I'll pack. I've told my sons (21 and 23!) that if they will need anything for the trip, they need to figure it out and get it before we leave. They'll have to pack for themselves this time. My husband hasn't seen the pile in our room yet. I'm sure he'll tease me, but he'll be happy that I'm happy!!

I usually start gathering stuff a couple months in advance. Things such as travel-size toiletries and clothes that I have bought specifically for vacation. I am a bit organized (over-organized according to my husband) and start composing packing lists two months in advance.

I start making a pile a month or so before. The month before I pack a kid a week starting with my daughter. She wears all customs so I like to make sure her bows are made etc. Then I do each son and finally myself. My DH packs his own clothes although I technically "do" pack his clothes. Otherwise, he might not have a swimsuit or underwear...lol.

My girlfriend is already and has been packed since at least our 100 day mark. I however will be packing about a week before

The PILE - something excited Disney fans start in anticipation of packing for their trip! I noticed many of us refer to 'the pile'. My piles grows and grows until is consumes the corner of our bedroom. But like others mentioned, I cannot actually put the stuff in the suitcases until a day or two before because I need to see the pile, and I would be fussing too much with the stuff in the suitcases, repacking, etc.

I have a small tote filled with things I have been buying. I will probably pack it all 2 days before we leave.
We arrive at the YC on 5/29. It's just DS (7) and I this trip. When will you be there? Maybe we can meet by the pool one day?! fun!

I did a mother/son trip with my oldest a few years ago, such a special time! It's the middle son's turn next summer, we talk about it all the time already! We will be at the pool almost daily in the afternoon. I am tall and blond, and will have a herd of 10 people with me. I will keep my eyes out for a mom/son combo. My DD is 8, so maybe the can play!

I love packing. For me, packing is part of the fun of going. I'm an inveterate list maker when it comes to this, so bear with my lists!

I love packing too! Probably why I also love this thread!

Holy moley! After reading this, I'm starting to FREAK!!! We leave in 6 days, everything is scattered all over the house, and all my capris are in the attic! And I am going to be slammed at work this week.

I suppose I better go start digging out the ponchos!

Thanks for the motivation i.e. lighting a candle under my butt!!!

You can do it!!!:cheer2:

This is funny because we are leaving in 95 days and I want to start putting stuff together now but I'm afraid that my husband might have me committed if I did.

I'm a little obsessive.... New toothbrushes( that get throw out b4 we leave), I have to start now there is just so much and I like all un opened containers so nothing spills in the suitcase

I leave in 25 Days and I already have a laundry basket filled with ponchos water bottles drink powder sunscreen etc. ...I think it's easier to make a list and check things of slowly so you don't forget anything

We leave in 20 days, and I just started putting together some toiletries today. It just helped put me in a good mood. Clothes won't get done until a day or two before because I will need to wear them here too. Once all the laundry is done, I'll pack. I've told my sons (21 and 23!) that if they will need anything for the trip, they need to figure it out and get it before we leave. They'll have to pack for themselves this time. My husband hasn't seen the pile in our room yet. I'm sure he'll tease me, but he'll be happy that I'm happy!!

me too!!! 20 day dance :cool1:

I have my train case that is always "packed" out and dropping so stuff into it for restocking. I have some clothes I bought in a bag on top..

we go twice a year so we have a home and Disney set of everything. So we don't pack because we never unpack... I always joke we could evacuate to Disney on a moments notice... We start packing the truck about a week before just in case something comes up at the last minute (which it always does).

Holy moley! After reading this, I'm starting to FREAK!!! We leave in 6 days, everything is scattered all over the house, and all my capris are in the attic! And I am going to be slammed at work this week.

I suppose I better go start digging out the ponchos!

Thanks for the motivation i.e. lighting a candle under my butt!!!

LOL! Yes , you better get started or you are going to be up all night and get no sleep before you leave! LOL!

I'm leaving Thursday morning and plan on packing tonight :) This is good for me, usually I'm the night before.

We are not going until October 2013 and I have lots of things in an ever growing pile in the bottom of my wardrobe.
I have bought all new clothes specially for the holiday and toiletries too, plus few other knick knacks. So they are all sitting in a big pile waiting to move to the new suitcase. :)

I will definitely start packing 2 weeks in advance. I have a couple of rubbermaids that I have already started putting snacks and misc. things in!

Aaaahhhhh! I'm leaving in 5 days and have nothing ready! I'm working until the day before so I guess I will pack the night before..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter