When do you realistically think ABD will start operating again?

Yes! Ditto for anyone doing Arizona and Utah on March 15/24. Curious how ABD does group travel within the country... socially distanced group dinners and bus rides? Every family gets their own raft for kayaking?

Yes! Ditto for anyone doing Arizona and Utah on March 15/24. Curious how ABD does group travel within the country... socially distanced group dinners and bus rides? Every family gets their own raft for kayaking?
That's an interesting point. I mean, you *are* outdoor, but you *have* to have at least one Guide from the rafting company on with you. These companies would have to provide way more Guides and rafts if it is one raft per family!

Masks are currently required in Phoenix, Sedona & the Grand Canyon Village area. They don't appear to be required in Utah. Who knows what ABD's policy will be?

And how they handle the motorcoaches and dining will be *very* interesting.

Sayhello

That's an interesting point. I mean, you *are* outdoor, but you *have* to have at least one Guide from the rafting company on with you. These companies would have to provide way more Guides and rafts if it is one raft per family!

Masks are currently required in Phoenix, Sedona & the Grand Canyon Village area. They don't appear to be required in Utah. Who knows what ABD's policy will be?

And how they handle the motorcoaches and dining will be *very* interesting.

Sayhello
I think the biggest issue is the restaurants and bus. We traveled this summer and went rafting. You shared a raft but were in separate rows. You are outside so I think that is a lot lower risk than the bus etc. I know some companies were looking at doing assigned seats but unless the bus is half empty I don’t think many people would be comfortable on it. It’s all pretty depressing because having to stay separated by family really defeats the purpose of group travel.

It’s all pretty depressing because having to stay separated by family really defeats the purpose of group travel.
I totally agree with this! That whole "ABD Family" feel may get lost.

Sayhello

Most places we have been this past year still do a buffet but they have servers who put the food on your plate. you still walk down a buffet line but you don't touch anything. it actually works pretty well.

Curious if anyone on the Boards is scheduled for the March 27, 2021 trip to Costa Rica that is still a go. Since the USA will require a negative COVID test to get back in the country that is less than 3 days from departure back, I would be interested to hear how this is managed by ABD. Everyone on the trip will have to have one of these - what arrangements are made? I would expect this to apply to all other trips if they go, as I doubt the CDC will now take that requirement back. Please share what you have heard or know on this!
Looks like Costa Rica just got cancelled for next month

Impatiently waiting to see what happens to our Canadian Rockies trip this year.
I hope they cancel on you with adequate time. I live in Vancouver BC and while the border closure is only extended month by month I would not expect our border to reopen before September at the earliest. Our vaccination roll out is not as efficient as the US and our gov't is now worried about a third wave of Covid due to the variants.

I understand and totally agree with the safety measures ABD has listed in this policy. However, as a solo traveler, this has totally convinced me that unless I know ahead of time that there's someone's pod I will be included in with, I won't be traveling with ABD for a while. Sitting by myself on the bus, eating by myself, doing activities by myself, etc., just kind of negates the whole reason I like to travel with ABD. Depending on how long this lasts, I *may* change my mind (desperate times!), but right now, it doesn't feel worth the premium price.

That said, it's a really comprehensive policy, kudos to ABD.

I hope they cancel on you with adequate time. I live in Vancouver BC and while the border closure is only extended month by month I would not expect our border to reopen before September at the earliest. Our vaccination roll out is not as efficient as the US and our gov't is now worried about a third wave of Covid due to the variants.
Man, if your vaccination roll out is worse than ours, then that's BAD, because it's a mess here!

Sayhello

I agree. We're set for September, but I really don't expect the border to be open. I'm not booking flights or anything until it looks like it will actually happen.

I understand and totally agree with the safety measures ABD has listed in this policy. However, as a solo traveler, this has totally convinced me that unless I know ahead of time that there's someone's pod I will be included in with, I won't be traveling with ABD for a while. Sitting by myself on the bus, eating by myself, doing activities by myself, etc., just kind of negates the whole reason I like to travel with ABD. Depending on how long this lasts, I *may* change my mind (desperate times!), but right now, it doesn't feel worth the premium price.

That said, it's a really comprehensive policy, kudos to ABD.
Well said and totally agree. I am booked solo on the October New Zealand AbD, and now may have to rethink that one this year should the borders be open which is still an uncertainty as of now. Don’t think it would be as much fun in my own travel pod.

Maybe this is mostly for 2021 Adventures, with their revised cancel policy for trips only through March 2022? Hopefully things will be a bit more normal next year.

This also makes me wonder if group sizes will be smaller when travel initially resumes, due to these new health protocols. Otherwise I see multiple busses & etc to allow for the required distancing.

Solo travelers will need to coordinate, I think, if the pod stuff lasts. I'm probably going for Portugal May 2022, btw, if you're interested. I know you were interested in that.

I'm booked for a domestic Tauck trip to New Orleans in September since I called off Portugal for this year. ABD seems to have copied a lot of their policies. I don't mind by myself in a Pod for a cheaper domestic trip, but not an expensive international one.

Solo travelers will need to coordinate, I think, if the pod stuff lasts. I'm probably going for Portugal May 2022, btw, if you're interested. I know you were interested in that.

I'm booked for a domestic Tauck trip to New Orleans in September since I called off Portugal for this year. ABD seems to have copied a lot of their policies. I don't mind by myself in a Pod for a cheaper domestic trip, but not an expensive international one.
I'm going to PM you. There's a good chance I actually would be interested in Portugal in May 2022. We'll talk! 💖💖

Sayhello

Another random thought that’s been running through my brain since the new health info came out yesterday- how will pre-arrival days fit into these requirements or does this eliminate most of that. Some initial questions I’m thinking -

if traveling on your own prior to joining the AbD, trying to find the acceptable PCR testing site in a foreign country

if doing s cruise before, Disney or otherwise, how get tested.

or will the “travel within the previous 14 days” day before health assessment rule out pre-travel?

Will pre-nights are booked with Disney (on your own not a short escape) make any differences? Your booking with AbD includes any pre-nights so does that constitute start of travel? As it does not say start of the adventure.

What if two AbDs are booked back to back, what does that do for health requirements for the second one if you’ve been in the AbD bubble for the first one?

Testing and Online Health Assessments
Our updated approach emphasizes a combination of new protocols to promote health and safety throughout your trip, including testing and health assessments along the way.
Negative PCR COVID-19 Test
All Guests, Adventure Guides, drivers, experts and tour operators accompanying Guests in vehicles will be required to show proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test before joining any trip. Tests must be taken within 5 days prior to the start of the trip. Results must be submitted to Adventures by Disney within 24 hours prior to the start of the trip. COVID-19 testing is required by travelers, Adventure Guides, drivers, experts and tour operators even if they have been vaccinated.

Before Leaving Home – Online Health Assessment
All Guests, Adventure Guides and on-trip staff must complete an online health assessment—as directed by Adventures by Disney, currently to be conducted through a third party—within 24 hours of departure. If the Guest has a temperature of 100.4 or higher, answers “yes” to any symptoms on the health assessment or has close contact with an individual with suspected infection, it may result in their inability to embark on the trip. The health assessment will screen for:
  • Temperature of 100.4 or higher
  • COVID-19 symptoms: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain or body aches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, new onset of nausea, diarrhea or vomiting
  • Attendance at large gatherings within the previous 14 days
  • Travel within the previous 14 days
  • Diagnosis of COVID-19—or close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19—in the previous 14 days without completing the required self-quarantine period
Arrival Day – Verbal Health Assessment
On arrival day, Guests will complete a private, verbal health assessment to screen for COVID-19 symptoms and a temperature of 100.4 or higher. For the duration of the trip, Guests will be required to check their temperatures and self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms daily. Should a Guest or traveler display COVID-19 symptoms or a temperature of 100.4 or higher, a telehealth medical consultation will be conducted to determine whether they can continue on the trip. Adventure Guides will include health and safety reminders specific to each day’s itinerary in daily briefings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter