When do you put your mulch down?

shep

Let me tell ya about our 2008 trip out west...
We will probaly get a load this week..

I have a pile that i saved when we had trees cut down for the new septic...:mad: and I spread it about a month ago on the front beds.

We usually put ours down in the spring. Thank goodness we have a little truck that we can drive from bed to bed and dump out the mulch that wheel barrow mulching is way too much work! We usually alternate front yard and back yard year to year.

Last time we went to the mulch place the line was about 12 trucks deep! Must have been a popular Saturday.

Shep I'm a firm believer of mulch. I order a truck load every year. (cheaper then buying it in bags) I like the dark pine bark mulch. Everyone is different. I think it brings out the color of the plants.

I do however make it a point to turn in last years mulch in the soil a few inches and edge every garden. Yes this is a lot of work, it takes me 6-8 weeks to get all the gardens done.

I usually finish around the end of May. Then start mulching. Probably a month later I am finally finished. Just as the hot weather arrives in my area.

Three months of work has now paid off. I rarely get weeds and do not have to do anything to the gardens till September other then dead-head flowers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter