when do the cost of flights decrease?

Its a Virgin plane you fly with but so many seats on each flight are allocated to Continental, they have been doing it a few years, must be at least 5 years since we did it this way. You buy them via Continental, sometimes cheaper than Virgin other times more expensive.

We just did an AirFrance/Delta code share, booked with AirFrance but code share with Delta so actual flight was Delta, many airlines do it.

Thanks for the WayneG, interesting.

Do you just book flights on the Continental website? How do you know if it is a code share? Can we book via the US version of the Continental website if it works out cheaper than the UK one?

Sorry for the questions, I am sure it is obvious, just can't see the wood for the trees.

Thanks for the WayneG, interesting.

Do you just book flights on the Continental website? How do you know if it is a code share? Can we book via the US version of the Continental website if it works out cheaper than the UK one?

Sorry for the questions, I am sure it is obvious, just can't see the wood for the trees.

With continental/Virgin its obvious as Continental do not go direct, so if the flight times are about 8hrs then its a Codeshare with Virgin. If the times are 11 hours plus they are indirect.
Not sure if you can book with their US site, many sites will not let you. Try Orbitz.com, you might get the same fare as on Continental.com but they allow you to book from UK in $'s. I used them for last Oct, after conversion it was £240, in UK the same flights were £450.

The Continental website will tell you that the flight is operated by Virgin if its a codeshare.

I was just looking for a work colegue, going out end July for two weeks, Manchester was more expensive than Gatwick,
MAN was (for two adults and two children) £2,750
Gatwick was £2, 225
First choice from BHX was £3,123 :scared1:

For tehse prices you get wet weather, high huimidity, peak busy timesa at teh aprks, hight car hire costs, I will continue to go outside school holidays and pay the fine if I have to!!

The Continental website will tell you that the flight is operated by Virgin if its a codeshare.

Thats good they tell you, I have not looked, I usually book thru an agent to get cashback, same price but 1% cashback, Expedia for example don't tell you its codeshare.

We booked a Continental/Virgin code share through Expedia for this year .... no trouble at all ... by logging in my Flying Club membership number I was able to go directly to the VA site and pick our seats, use Twilight checkin and DTD checkin for 10 dollars per person .... wouldn't hesitate to do this again

My hubby has just had a phone call from Virgin Frequent Flyer, he has been told that he can buy one get one for the price of 20,000 airmiles (he has just short of 50k miles and is flying out to delhi in the next few weeks business class). I have worked out that for 5 of us that would work out at approx £2038 to go to orlando in summer hols next year. Of course we would have to add the cost of the car hire to that as well but realistically do you think there is any chance of doing it cheaper.

I would like to see a Flight Date & Rate style thread like the Hotel Date & Rate threads going! I know it'd be difficult to maintain but flight prices are so commonly asked about it would good for people looking to look into the thread and see what the "average" price is.

For example you'd have....
Flying With:
Direct or In-Direct:
Dates:
Booked Via (or When or both):
Price:

When I was booking my flights I was really interested to see what other people were paying to compare my own flights :surfweb: Although I still do it now even though I've booked :thumbsup2

For tehse prices you get wet weather, high huimidity, peak busy timesa at teh aprks, hight car hire costs, I will continue to go outside school holidays and pay the fine if I have to!!

I wish I had that option but, as a teacher, I really am stuck, even without kids of my own!

We booked a bounceback for next year's free dining from August 15th, and our anniversary is the 17th. Other than that, don't mind doing a couple of nights earlier as we're going to split our stay between Universal, DIsney, and somewhere else.

We also did a Continental codeshare this year and got our flights for about £35pp cheaper than direct with Virgin.

the price will drop the day after you booked it:lmao:
Paul

My hubby has just had a phone call from Virgin Frequent Flyer, he has been told that he can buy one get one for the price of 20,000 airmiles (he has just short of 50k miles and is flying out to delhi in the next few weeks business class). I have worked out that for 5 of us that would work out at approx £2038 to go to orlando in summer hols next year. Of course we would have to add the cost of the car hire to that as well but realistically do you think there is any chance of doing it cheaper.

So 20k miles plus approx £400 for 2 flights? If that's right I think that's a great deal.

Apparently I got it slightly wrong, Two flights @ approx £727 ea, two free flights but have to pay the taxes approx £190 ea and a fifth flight which we can get about £80 off using miles and money. So approx £2484 plus car. Still a saving I guesss!

;) ill double whatever he offers...:rotfl2:
hey wayne, you should just stop working and take bribes, its one way of earning a living, tax free too:lmao:

.. and I'll beat this by £5!!!

The window for being able to book our return flights opened today (for 14th August), and the cheapest flights available today were around the £720 mark. We are constrained with wanting to stop off in New York for four nights on the outbound flight, but still think that over £700 is too much :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter