When do southern schools have fall break in October?

kandb

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip for October and a few years ago came down to WDW and it was packed and we learned that southern schools had their fall break in October. Does anyone know what week they are off? Thanks, Linda

The schools where I live in South Carolina have never had a fall break, much less one that lasted a week. Must be nice!

The schools where I live in South Carolina have never had a fall break, much less one that lasted a week. Must be nice!

No fall breaks here, either, or February breaks like up North. Just Easter week and Christmas - two of the busiest times to be at WDW!

The colleges around here (Virginia) have fall break ~ usually the Thursday and Friday before Columbus Day but the date may be different depending on the college.

My kids never had fall break in ES, MS, HS but did in college.

We are usually out the 2nd full week in October. We went to WDW two years ago for this week, and it was great. Beautiful weather...manageable crowds, as well.

Fall Break is AWESOME!!! :yay: They started here about 5 years ago.Previously they had 2 days off but lengthened it to 5.

We have it the 3rd week in Oct. in this area of TN...I know Alabama has Fall Break too,not sure of what weeks in Oct.

It's our favorite time to go because MNSSHP,F&W and the weather is so nice!:thumbsup2

Northeast Oklahoma usually has fall break the 3rd week in October. Some schools are off Wednesday-Monday, others just Friday and Monday. It is a very popular time for vacations.

We were there last year end of Sept. through 1st week of Oct.. That weekend everybody we saw had Auburn, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee hats and shirts on. It wasn't that crowded and we had a blast. We are thinking about going back again this year at the same time or maybe a week earlier.

Second week of October here. We went this past October for our first ever "fall" trip, and it was great! Wonderful weather and short lines!

I am in Northern MS (outside of Memphis, TN). Our Fall break consists of Columbus Day (Monday) and Tuesday. So 2 days...not a whole lot, but I do know alot of people here that combine this with a few more days and use it as a vacation time. We did it in 2006 and took 3 extra days off for a Disney trip...but that was the last year we could afford to miss any school days...once you hit middle school here, attendance is vital!

I live in Memphis and we have Fall Break Oct. 17-21 (the week we're going to WDW this year)!! Can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter