When do school supplies go on sale?

I just finished most of my school supply shopping today.
I went to Staples for a backpack, which was $42. and then the same one at Target for $30. Go figure!

I got the one at Target, got buyer's remorse and went to the LLBean website. With free shipping, I got a better quality backpack for $29.00! :thumbsup2

The binders 1" view $4.49

OK..thanks. I looked on their website and the 1 1/2 " is $7.49!!!! I paid $3.50 EACH at Walmart so I did get the better deal at Walmart.

The 1" at Walmart is $2.50.

You should have gone to Walmart for the crayons. Rose Art is AWFUL!!! They have the 24 pack of Crayola for 25 cents

Did anyone look to see how much the binders were a Staples? They are buy 3 get one free. I was at Walmart and went ahead and bought some there but if it ends up being a good deal I will get some for late on since the binders do not hold up anymore for a whole year.

Thanks. If my walmart has the same price on Crayola, then I'll just return my Rose Art crayons.

dd's kindergarten list

Kindergarten School Supplies

* 3 boxes crayons (16 pack only - not 64 etc..)
* 1 box of thick markers
* 1 big pink pencil eraser
* 1 package #2 pencils (10-12 count)
* Beach towel
* 2 four-packs of glue sticks
* 2 everyday pocket folders
* Book bag able to fit pocket folder & library book
* Gym bag
* Reusable lunch container
* 2 large boxes of facial tissues
* 1 box Bandaids
* 2 containers of wet wipes
* 2 rolls of paper towels

I bought 24 count crayons. They were a buck cheaper than 16 count. They can lump it and take 8 crayons out of each box if they want:rolleyes:

I don't know what 'everyday' folders are either...dd wants hello kitty.

We buy my step daughter's supplies every year but their school hasn't posted a list yet. They will be in 7th grade, does anyone have a 7th grade list yet?

here is the 7th grade list at dd's school:

Seventh Grade

* 1 package blue or black pens
* 1 package #2 pencils (10 or 12 count)
* 2 mechanical lead pencils
* 1 box colored pencils
* 1 box 24 crayons
* 1 box markers (primary colors)
* 1 glue stick
* 1 12 “ ruler (standard & metric)
* 1 small plastic protractor
* 1 compass
* 1 pair scissors
* 2 highlighters - 2 different colors
* 1 case for art/desk supplies
* 3 - 3 subject notebooks
* 1 1-subject notebook
* 4 black/white marble composition books
* 1 package or tablet of graph paper
* 10 pocket folders or 1 accordion folder and 4 pocket folders
* 1 1" loose-leaf binder (NO trappers)
* 1 Scientific calculator (TI-30)
* 2 large boxes of facial tissue
* 2 rolls paper towels
* 2 package loose-leaf paper (wide rule only)
* 1 Book bag and 1 gym bag
* Combination lock
* 1 milk crate

Does anybody have their first and second grader's lists. I need to buy for two kids, not my own, and I do not have a list and cannot get one. The school does not have a list. This is a very poor school district, so that maybe why the school does not have or do a list. This is a surprise, so I cannot ask for a list from the guardian. TIA

First Grade

* 1 box of crayons (16)
* 1 box thick washable markers
* 1 package of #2 pencils (10 or 12 count)
* 1 pink flat eraser - NO novelty erasers
* 4 glue sticks
* 1 zipper pencil case
* 1 pair scissors
* 1 pocket folder
* 1 box of addition and subtraction flash cards with sums to 20
* 2 large boxes of facial tissues
* 1 roll paper towels

Second Grade

* 1 box crayons (16 or 24)
* 1 highlighter
* 1 box wide washable markers (Classic colors)
* 1 package #2 pencils ( 10 or 12)
* 1 package of pencil erasers
* 1 12” ruler (standard & metric)
* 1 pair scissors
* 1 pack wide ruled loose-leaf paper
* 2 1-subject wide-ruled notebooks
* 1 1" hard binder and 20 top-open page protectors
* 1 pack of index cards
* 2 school boxes (plastic preferred)
* 4 pocket folders
* 2 glue sticks
* 2 bottles white glue
* 1 box addition and subtraction flash cards with sums to 20
* 1 box multiplication flash cards
* 2 large boxes facial tissues
* 1 roll paper towels
* 1 hand sanitizer
* 1 pack stickers (optional)

hth

hedgehog2owl ... I am surprised they are asking for hand sanitizer.. here where I live, they do not want the kids carrying that. They feel (especially the little ones) can get sick if it gets in their mouth...
Also, why do they ask for a beach towel in the K class? I have never heard of that before :confused3

hedgehog2owl ... I am surprised they are asking for hand sanitizer.. here where I live, they do not want the kids carrying that. They feel (especially the little ones) can get sick if it gets in their mouth...
Also, why do they ask for a beach towel in the K class? I have never heard of that before :confused3

many times, the beach towel is used as a nap mat. easy to take home each friday and wash. my DD had to have a cloth nap mat in kindergarten.

When the staples add puts a limit of 2 per customer can a teacher get more? If so how what is the teacher's limit?

I have a Teacher Reward card do I need anything else to show I am a teacher?

Also what does easy rebate mean? Does it work like a regular rebate where I pay the price then wait for a rebate? Last year I bought some stuff and the rebate was done at the cash register so i only paid the after rebate price.

I was at Staples earlier today and the teacher limit is 25.

hmmm about the hand sanitizer...I *think* the teacher keeps it in her closet and they use it at the start of school and before going home. They did the same thing at her pre-k (they all lined up and teacher squirted their hands one by one) so maybe it is a regional thing here?

re: the beach towel- they have a pool and the towel is for the swimming lessons they do during PE

hmmm about the hand sanitizer...I *think* the teacher keeps it in her closet and they use it at the start of school and before going home. They did the same thing at her pre-k (they all lined up and teacher squirted their hands one by one) so maybe it is a regional thing here?

re: the beach towel- they have a pool and the towel is for the swimming lessons they do during PE

sorry, i spoke out of turn. :blush: no pools in the schools around here, but that would be really awesome!

* 1 box Bandaids

I would guess they are having all the dc bring in bandaids to have a supply in the classroom. Wonder if there are any latex allergies in the class. I guess the teacher would know if it was alright to use the latex bandaids.

I make my dd carry her own first aid kit, because of her latex allergy.

Sorry, I don't mean anything by this post. No idea why I posted it.

Thanks. If my walmart has the same price on Crayola, then I'll just return my Rose Art crayons.

I think some Walmarts have them for 30 cents but for a possible extra nickel Crayola is SOOOO much better!!! THe Rose Art is very waxy and they do not look good in art projects.

I will have to go back to walgreens for the filler paper. I still need 16 glue sticks for dd but Im waiting to see if target goes any cheeper than what I paid for them at walgreens at .59 for two..:confused3 I also will wait for the crayons at target instead of driving all the way out to walmart.. at least the sales are starting..

is the Meijer sale this week for the .05 notebooks? Or was that last week?
The Meijer sales go through July 31. They were wiped out when I was there yesterday. Probably since it was in their ad yesterday.

I will have to go back to walgreens for the filler paper. I still need 16 glue sticks for dd but Im waiting to see if target goes any cheeper than what I paid for them at walgreens at .59 for two..:confused3 I also will wait for the crayons at target instead of driving all the way out to walmart.. at least the sales are starting..

If you have a Meijer close by... they had the glue sticks and 24 Crayola crayons for .19 each.

Any deals out there on index cards, index card boxes and folder tab dividers?

thanks- I dont even know what a meijer is.. never heard of it so I will have to wait. I did go back and buy the filler paper, erasers, dry erasers, prong folders, elmers 4oz glue and composition notebooks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter