When did you join the DIS?

I joined when there was only one board and everything was still in CT - what year would that have been? - lost everything in the crash of '99 and rejoined in August of 1999. When I logged on to see my 'official' join date, I was shocked to see that I had not logged on since 2009! I've been to Disney since then for sure, but I guess that I have been lurking more than posting:)

Lisa

My account says I joined in 1999 but I actually joined before that. There was a big server crash that year and I lost my post count and had to start over. Does anyone else remember that?

I was on before the crash. I was also on other Disney boards (Anyone remember Prodigy?) before that.
Donna

I do miss the closeness of the long-ago-DIS... and I miss our more frequent local DIS meets. Or heck, maybe they're still having them, but it's near impossible to know about them now with as fast as the boards move.

But I have learned SO much in my years on the DIS boards, and met some of the nicest people in the whole world. It is a family here. And like most families, there is laughter, and tears, and drama... and there are members you love, members you want to punch in the head, and everything in between. :thumbsup2

May 2011-so I'm still a relative newbie.

I think the entertaining threads and comments,far outweigh the bad.
I really like the dis.:worship:

2004 when planning a trip for our little girls. They are not so little now. I didn't post much back then because I seemed so busy when my DD's were younger. I have always read way more than posted but have posted a lot more lately.

It is interesting to see postings change . I used to love reading the posts of a particular person when I first started reading in 2004. The poster would say the funniest things, they were witty and always lightened the mood. Since I have been back this year I noticed this poster has become so negative. It kind of makes me sad and I wonder what happened in their life that changed their outlook.:flower3:

First time was in 2000 not sure of the month. I belonged to another disney site and occasionally would come here. After not coming here for quite sometime I couldn't remember my password and had a different email. I came back in Nov 2002 and read here everyday. :)

October 2006 - right before our first trip with the kids. Really wish I had come across it earlier but I've been here ever since :)

i have enjoyed reading this thread. Not to hijack but its neat that I know if anything newsworthy has happened and I need more info, I sign on to The DIS. Its like late breaking news.
And for those that have been using DIS for years, we have gathered here for comfort, maybe thats not the right word, but 9-11 (2001) we had each other and the Gore Bush election... WOW, among other events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter