When did you join the DIS?

I'm a newbie. Joined December 2011. Everyone talking about the good old days on the DIS, what were they like?! :goodvibes

Not only that, but I feel that every time I post, I have to really think about what I'm saying. I wonder "Will this start a heated debate, etcc..?" I mean, something as harmless as "My favorite color is blue, it's prettier than green" can tick a diser off. LOL!!! :rotfl2:

How dare you say people who like green smell bad! ;)

I joined in 2000, when I was planning a trip for my 10th anniversary.

I originally joined in 2002. Ironically, I just created a new user name today. While the Dis has changed over the years, there are other forum boards out there that are way worse.

My husband belongs to a World of Warcraft forum, and he just laughs at all of us here. Says the Dis is a walk in the park compared to his WOW board. It gets pretty bad over there! :rolleyes:

Under a dif name way back in early 1999 an YES I remember the big crash an YES it sure was different way back when......

My wedding anniversary - September 18, 2006. We had just booked our first family Disney vacation the month before for October of that year. I found this board due to the wealth of information available, became a member and have stayed. I find that the only time I post a lot is when a Disney vacation is in the works. Other than that, I don't post as much.

When researching for our first trip to Disney when my dd was 12 yrs old I came across a discussion board. They guy running it knew an awful lot about Disney. His name was Pete and the board was a former version of the DIS. My daughter is now 28 yrs old, lol!
That board required clicking on each response to view their comment so it would take forever to read a thread with a lot of responses. But I learned more about Disney than I ever dreamed and we had an absolutely awesome trip!
Things have changed a lot over the years, you never see a response by Pete anymore but he responded to virtually every post in the beginning. I've met a lot of awesome folks on this board over the years, some are still here and some gone but not forgotten :)

I joined in 2003 but I wish I would have joined earlier especially when my Dh was fighting his cancer and losing his battle. I feel the Dis could have been a great support system for me. Mary

I joined in March 2000.

And, anyone who wears green is tacky.

Anyone who wears blue probably spoils their kids.

After the Pop Warner trip but before the baseball tournament. One of the PW moms told me about it...after the PW trip. She is a DVC member, but I figured that out on my own.....from things I learned on the DIS.

I joined while planning our first family trip in 2005 but my user name was my first initial and last name. After I finally got some computer smarts:rolleyes: I created this dorky username so I could be incognito. I'm very uncreative when it comes to user names:rolleyes1

I joined on Feb 22, 2000. The night of my daughter's 6th b-day. We were planning our 2nd Disney trip. The info I learned on these boards changed the way we vacationed at Disney.

I miss the "good ol' days." Luckily, I'm still friends with the core group of friends from that time. :)

I joined before our most recent trip so April 2012. I am still pretty much a newbie compared to others DisBoards :thumbsup2

Seems like a loooooong time ago. I can't remember a time when I wasn't a member LOL! Unlike some others, I don't particularly pine for the "good old days", cause as Billy Joel once said "the Good ol' days weren't all that good and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems." Honestly things change and we all change with it. I'm impressed with what Pete and the others have built here over the years and I hope they are too. It really is quite amazing.

I joined Jan 2000 (even tho my thing says Feb.....'nother crash). We were planning our 2nd WDW trip.

My baby was 11 and that DS just got married today.:goodvibes

Little over a year ago. Came for the trip tips, stayed for the arguments.:thumbsup2

I'm 45, but I look 44 ;)

I joined in 1998 while planning my first Disney cruise. We were on the 6th sailing of the Magic in August 1998 and I was searching the internet for information on DCL since it was brand new. At the time there were only 3 forums, I think. My profile shows I joined in 1999 but the boards re-set everything a few times, wiped out my post count and join date.
Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter