When did FEA turn into a wet ride?

It was my left side that got wet all 4 times I've ridden as well.

My husband thought it was funny the last time so I told him next time he rides, he gets the left side.

Just went on this ride last Wednesday. Didn't seem too bad for us and we were in the front row. Though our butts were wet when we got in due to the drenched seats but overall we were mostly dry. And after walking around WS, we were dry within an hour but again only coz our shorts were the only damp areas. Guess it differs per ride?

Rode it in March, front row, left side. I got very wet. My friend sitting next to me did not get as wet.

The seats were very wet when we sat down.

We rode this month and I was surprised to see that the seats were very wet. We were toward the front and got wet mostly on our shorts as the water rolled over the sides. There was a sign outside but since no one had yet mentioned it here I wasn't expecting it to be a wet ride.

I have noticed the left side gets a little bit more wet than the right. I don't ever remember getting even a splash in Maelstrom but my husband made a good observation. There are rocks at the bottom of the drop of FEA that the water hits and then splashes back on the boat. At the bottom of the drop in Maelstrom you had the oil rigs where the water just passed through and flowed under. We've been lucky not to get soaked but do plan on getting a bit wet.

To everyone concerned about getting wet, I'm not above wearing a poncho on Frozen. I wear it on all the water rides and it always keeps my dry. I don't care how hot it is outside, I do not want to walk around with a wet rear end all day. Miserable.

Just went on this ride last Wednesday. Didn't seem too bad for us and we were in the front row. Though our butts were wet when we got in due to the drenched seats but overall we were mostly dry. And after walking around WS, we were dry within an hour but again only coz our shorts were the only damp areas. Guess it differs per ride?
I had the same experience twice, 2 weeks ago. Maybe weight related? I'm fairly skinny and rode with one of my kids. My non waterproof camera was out in the open, and it may have got a drop or 2 on it. I don't think it's any different than when it was Maelstrom.

We got thoroughly wet on FEA. I was not expecting it!! As we got on the ride, the people in front of us and I were remarking how wet the boat was and wondering why. We found out soon enough! I shoved my phone under my shirt and managed not to get it too wet, but we still had wet clothes the rest of the day. It was warm out at least. We were in the second row.

Riders, in general, did not get very wet, if at all, previously. Now, riders are getting drenched (not all riders). Definitely something has change.

Don't like it.

We just sat on FEA yesterday morning for the first time. Got on the ride after about 45 minutes in standby - not bad.

We were in the first two rows. The seats were really wet already. I was in the first row left, and my son was right behind me. We both got splashed on-our shorts were pretty wet. But we dried off pretty quick after.

So if you don't want to get wet, sit on the right or centre!!

We rode it last week. I was in the front row left side and was soaked. Of course the flooded seat and floorboards should have been a lil clue. None the les it was quite surprising to get that wet on Frozen. No exaggeration. I was soaked.

I've been looking at pictures of the boat, we've haven't ridden it yet, it looks like there are 4 rows. Is this correct?

Glad I clicked on this thread. We rode FEA last summer, and it was a dry ride. This July we'll have three toddlers, and an infant along, so I'm thankful for the warning. I never would have guessed we'd have to break out the ponchos.

Last November, it was our first trip since it opened and we were anxious to ride this. In a great mode and we breezed to the boats with our FPs. Then we sat down in a big puddle of water. ugh

I got drenched once on Marlstrom, but that's out of what could have been over 50 rides. Whatever they did that made it consistently drench people I hope they fix it. It sounds a lot worse than the occasional splashes from Pirates.

We were in the front row and I got soaked, I'm talking Splash Mountain soaked. It was early March at night so I froze to death. Thankfully we were staying at Dolphin so we just went back to the room for me to change.

So when you all say "on the left" those would be the riders who board the boat first?

Haven't ridden as FEA yet so trying to recall the direction the boat loaded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter