When did FEA turn into a wet ride?

One of my cameras agrees with you. it didn't survive the ride.
Once again I am glad I've got the inside scoop from the boards... would never have know a dousing was possible on FEA otherwise. I knew we could get splashed on Pirates (and if you can't figure out the risk on SPLASH mountain, there is no helping you), but I'm not sure we would have noticed a sign in the queue for FEA. I'm so glad I can warn DH to protect his camera. Clothes dry. Losing a camera mid-trip to a splash would be a serious bummer!

Once again I am glad I've got the inside scoop from the boards... would never have know a dousing was possible on FEA otherwise. I knew we could get splashed on Pirates (and if you can't figure out the risk on SPLASH mountain, there is no helping you), but I'm not sure we would have noticed a sign in the queue for FEA. I'm so glad I can warn DH to protect his camera. Clothes dry. Losing a camera mid-trip to a splash would be a serious bummer!

After looking it up there is indeed at least 1 sign on the outside that says you may get wet and I believe I remember on one the inside. I had never gotten wet before so I can't of laughed the sign off. When I got soaked fiance's response was well they say it is possible.

We rode this several times during our Sept-Oct trip and only once we sat in the front row. It was just my DH and me in that row, and the other rows had two people in each remaining row. We got wet. It splashed up from the sides of the boat, got my face, glasses, and hair misted pretty good. But the wave from the sides of the boat came over the edge and soaked us from the waist down. Our shorts were so wet! Did not like, and we hadn't even gotten a drop on us on the other rides. I will not ride this in the front again because of this.

Not true. If there is constantly a boat loading and a boat waiting, the only variable that will effect capacity is load time. If a boat leaves the dock every 1 minute, that is 60 boats in an hour not matter if the ride duration is 1 minute or 30 minutes. Now if they can cut that load time, they can increase capacity. By speeding up the ride, they are just going to have more boats waiting at the end similar to what you see in Pirates and IASW.
I see what you are saying, and yes they are bounded by how many boats they can load per hour. But just a simple statement of "ride time doesn't effect capacity" is generally wrong in a theoretical sense, because given no other boundaries a decreased loop time will increase loops/hour.
but yes you are right that if they can't increase that boats loaded per hour figure then it doesn't matter!

Editing muuuuch later: I had a thought on how I could better express what I am saying here so I don't sound like such a crazy person lol!! Rides can be bounded by things OTHER than the load time. For instance in a ride like FEA, there can (should?) only be one boat at a time in the Let it go scene, or in any dark ride really they are required to space the vehicles at a certain interval so that each vehicle can experience the "scenes" as the imagineers intend. In that example it isn't the load time that is bounding the capacity and theoretically the capacity could be increased by increasing vehicle speed (which would sacrifice guest experience by allowing multiple vehicles in the same "scene" at once) up until the point where they reach the maximum loading cycle where they literally could not get more boats on the track due to unload/load cycle, or until they end up with queuing at the end as in your PotC example. There are also safety considerations that bound capacity. So, as I originally stated, increasing vehicle speed and thus decreasing ride time can absolutely increase ride capacity, but there are boundaries that must be adhered to, one of them being load/unload time.

Last edited:
Uhoh. We have FP for this in 3 weeks. My DH will NOT get wet on rides, and honestly, I'm not keen about slogging around all day soaking, with wet shoes. I don't think my kids will like it either. I'm wondering if we need to rethink this, but my youngest really wants to go on it. We may have to have a family conference :(

I was in the first row and got soaked as the did the woman in row 2. On our boat it seemed like the left side got it worse than the right. I was completely soaked, even my head and face got wet.

YES!!! I was second row left side and I definitely got it way worse that my daughter on the right. Thank goodness I have a good case for my phone.

Thanks for the heads up! We have raincoats instead of ponchos which double as light jackets for A/C'd indoors. I will make sure we wear our easy dry shorts and sandals! Waterproof camera will be used and iPhones in ziplock bags for sure! Never anticipate getting wet on this ride. But we have got to ride it at least once!

This reminds me of the Pirates threads. Whatever happened with that, seems it died down. Maybe they can do whatever they did there to fix it?

they put up a you might get wet sign. There is times you still get wet there as well but they are a little better at evening out the weight between rows but they will still pack them tight if that's the order they are in line.

Just so people know the weight of the boat isn't always the deciding factor. Previously we were in much more weighted boats and never got wet. This past one was pretty light compared to previous and that's when I got soaked. One thing I do think may be a factor here and in pirates is that to prevent fewer issues they turn the pumps up or in this case less friction on the ramp. I did notice this drop was much faster so it is possible a lighter boat = less friction which means less slow down on the drop. At pirates I know it is the jets which get turned up to make the ride faster and also the boats less likely to get stuck.

I've been debating on canceling our fastpasses, I just talked to my DH and he doens't even want to take a chance of getting wet. He asked if we could move them to the evening, before we leave, but of course, there are no FP available at all.

Do you think if we asked not to sit in the front two rows, the CM would oblige?

Do you think if we asked not to sit in the front two rows, the CM would oblige?

I've asked for specific seats on rides before (Splash Mountain, Soarin', 7DMT, BTMRR), and the CMs have never had an issue with it. Just be polite and let them know you're willing to wait a little longer for a specific seat if necessary.

I have only rode FEA once, and I don't recall getting wet, but I think we were in the back row. I definitely will request that from now on.

I've asked for specific seats on rides before (Splash Mountain, Soarin', 7DMT, BTMRR), and the CMs have never had an issue with it. Just be polite and let them know you're willing to wait a little longer for a specific seat if necessary.

I have only rode FEA once, and I don't recall getting wet, but I think we were in the back row. I definitely will request that from now on.

good point on the be polite. I usually just say "# of people when asked quickly followed with "can we sit xxxxxx and we dont' mind waiting""...

I've been on fea a dozen times all different seats, first time I ever went up to the ride to see the ends of the seats wet and then get wet.

So I happened to pick up a last second fastpass for FEA last night and also got to walk on with standby (it was broken and fixed just before the fireworks so nobody around to get on it). I'm telling you, same day fastpasses are great now.

What I wasn't expecting was to come out feeling like I was just on splash mountain. We did notice the seats at the ends of every row was a little damp but did not expect that mini-kali wave to splash against the rocks and into the boat that happened. First 2 rows seemed to get most of it.

My DW said it was just about the same as when it was the Norwegian boat ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!