When are you planning to return to DLR?

We have a trip planned for end of June and are hoping that the parks will be open by then, but if not, we'll just enjoy a couple days at VGC, as we are stopping there on our way to Aulani. For those concerned with going while still in a time of restrictions, I will say we did a long weekend at WDW in November (right before all the numbers got really terrible), and it was one of the best trips we have had. The restrictions and requirements bothered us a lot less than I would have expected. I'm sure part of that was due to the fact that we were just so happy to be taking a trip, but still.....don't count it out!

Got our tickets for Taste of Disney. So we'll be back next month. :) As soon as they open up the parks to out of state guests, I'll be back visiting the parks during a time when rides are open too.

Well, if out of state folks can come by end of June I'll be there!

Tempted to stay onsite but not committing to that unless onsite folks get a reservation benefit. There's none at WDW but it might look different for DL. Thinking about the Best Western Plus across the street just so we can be steps away- that would be so nice!

Honestly, I'm tearing up at just the idea of coming "home."

We are planning to go mid July and are staying at GCV. Fingers crossed for the parks being open. We got really great rates with SW flying into Orange County.

It will be interesting to see what the visitor experience is like once trip reports start getting posted. I will wait for that and to see if the infection rates continue to fall throughout the spring and early summer. If all goes well I could maybe see a trip in August or maybe wait until the holidays.

I was finally able to book our hotel (BW Plus Anaheim Inn) for our February 2022 trip this morning before I saw the news that the parks are reopening April 30th! Such great news!

May 29, as Disney has finally announce an opening day of April 30. Now I need to snag some tix and a "park reservation" when they become available...

May 29, as Disney has finally announce an opening day of April 30. Now I need to snag some tix and a "park reservation" when they become available...
I'm planning for April 30 and May 1! Had a friend call Disney this morning and they confirmed we can use our previously purchased tickets as they will not be giving refunds(others said last year they refused to give refunds on tickets anyway), so I'm so ready to be there day 1!

I'm planning for April 30 and May 1! Had a friend call Disney this morning and they confirmed we can use our previously purchased tickets as they will not be giving refunds(others said last year they refused to give refunds on tickets anyway), so I'm so ready to be there day 1!

There have been reports that they are issuing refunds now for tickets (at least fully unused ones). There was a thread about it the other day. I guess it depends which CM you get if they know about that update/are willing to do the legwork?

There have been reports that they are issuing refunds now for tickets (at least fully unused ones). There was a thread about it the other day. I guess it depends which CM you get if they know about that update/are willing to do the legwork?
I heard they are reiussuing for those who want it for sure but now just refunding those who have valid tickets.
ETA: there's a form that needs to be filled out I guess

I remember seeeing that thread too. I just went to look and that person was in the UK. That could be why they refunded their tickets.

I live in OC about 40 min from DLR and I don't plan to go for awhile. I'll wait and see how it goes in terms of the CA guidelines. I5% sounds great, but if you can't eat indoors and depending on what rides are closed I'd rather just wait. We went to DTD once and I thought the whole process was not enjoyable and the CMs we encountered were not the most magical.

I went to WDW in November 2020 and have a trip booked for June 2021. I thought the CMs did a great job there balancing being Covid safe while providing great customer service. I think it will take a bit for DL to get there.

I remember seeeing that thread too. I just went to look and that person was in the UK. That could be why they refunded their tickets.
If they are issuing refunds I guess I haven't received the email yet. My tickets are still in the app and what not. I guess I'll have to wait (on pins and needles).

I heard they are reiussuing for those who want it for sure but now just refunding those who have valid tickets.
ETA: there's a form that needs to be filled out I guess

It could be, but it's also now a precedent that it happened at all. And they have been doing case by case decisions with refunds before that because Disney :rotfl:

I hope they release the official ticket guidelines for reopening soon so it's easier to know when/if it's potentially possible to go

You'll need a park reservation, but yeah - you are one step ahead of those of us that don't have tickets.

You'll need a park reservation, but yeah - you are one step ahead of those of us that don't have tickets.
I thought that too, but give the websites consistent issues I wouldn't be surprised if it's still hard for me to get a reservation with a ticket lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter