When are you planning to return to DLR?

I am again hoping or no mask mandates and all attractions open by this October, however I fear it will be 22 before I can justify a return trip.

Planning a trip to Vegas with some friends whenever 'normality' returns. It would be rude to not stop at Disneyland when it's only a couple of hours away. As apposed to the opposite side of the world as I am right now. Aiming for June 22! Fingers crossed by then there will be no more mask mandates and social distancing will be relaxed to the point that shows and fireworks can return.

I've been passing time by planning a trip. The trip doesn't have a date or time or anything- just a trip that would include all our most wanted stuff. We usually start like that and then due to budget/ time have to cut things out..lol. It includes:

A hotel with a water park/slide
5 park hopper days and a full rest day.
A fantasmic dinning package
A WOC dessert party
Maxpass for the whole crew
Fireworks in front of the castle
Dinner at lamplight lounge
Brunch with Minnie at plaza inn.
Breakfast at Donald ducks seaside
Princess adventures breakfast
Bibbity boutique

Sitting alone at night at lamplight watching incredicoaster go...

Miss it so much.

I've been passing time by planning a trip. The trip doesn't have a date or time or anything- just a trip that would include all our most wanted stuff. We usually start like that and then due to budget/ time have to cut things out..lol. It includes:

A hotel with a water park/slide
5 park hopper days and a full rest day.
A fantasmic dinning package
A WOC dessert party
Maxpass for the whole crew
Fireworks in front of the castle
Dinner at lamplight lounge
Brunch with Minnie at plaza inn.
Breakfast at Donald ducks seaside
Princess adventures breakfast
Bibbity boutique

Sitting alone at night at lamplight watching incredicoaster go...

Miss it so much.

Love it! I had planned something similar.

Likely DLH stay with hopefully a single night in the Adventureland Suite again but perhaps a split between the Grand and DLH.
Pool day with Cabana at the DLH.
21 Royal Dinner
C33 Lounge and/or Lunch/Dinner
Napa Rose Chef's Counter (probably for 3 as our middle child is the only adventurous eater)
Preferred Seating for the Parades/Fireworks (get it with the Adventureland Suite) Would skip F! as I would have seen it from the 21R balcony.
DLH hotel tour
Grand Art of the Craft tour (I need to see how it's changed since last time I took it)
Rise of the Resistance (not open on my last trip).
Maybe Walk in Walt's Footsteps as I haven't done it in 6 years (have done it twice before).
Maybe a halloween party depending on timing/availability.
Avenger's Campus (RIP, Bug's Land)
Maybe the Carthay Circle tour again. I love it each time I do it.

Sine we’re doing ‘dream the impossible dream’ mine would be:
Monorail front seats
VGC lobby all to myself *sighhhhhh*

Monorail front seats

Thats one of my favorite things to do. As I am solo in the parks, sometimes I can get the front of the monorail to myself, as sometimes other people don't want to share. I usually do the round trip from Tommorrowland. The drivers can be really fun and will talk to you.

Just booked across the street in October! We still have a 5-day PH MaxPass ticket we bought at the end of 2019, so we'll be using it later this year. I'd book earlier, but it feels like the way this state is governed, it may not be open fully. Hoping that by October, DL is fully open and pretty close to normal.

C'mon vaccines!!! Do your job!

At this point I think we're looking at a 2022 return. 2021s vacation time is spoken for with a trip to Silverwood and a a trip of a lifetime 2 week guided hunt in Montana for H and Dad. But waiting until 2022 doesn't seem so bad. I'm hopeful that things will be normalish with shows and such by then.

Silverwood? That’s my neck of the woods! I’d say the earliest we will plan a trip back is 2022. I really hope DL returns to pre-COVID at some point. I think of DL as an escape. An escape without face masks, plastic shields, social distance markers. Don’t get me wrong, I support all such measures.

Well, it's official. We are planning a big trip down for August 2022. We had hoped for this summer but can not see it happening and as a teacher in Canada (don't like Christmas or springbreak crowds) I will stick to summer. It should be even sweeter by then!!!

Silverwood? That’s my neck of the woods! I’d say the earliest we will plan a trip back is 2022. I really hope DL returns to pre-COVID at some point. I think of DL as an escape. An escape without face masks, plastic shields, social distance markers. Don’t get me wrong, I support all such measures.
100%. We are a mask wearing, interaction limiting, social distancing family to the hilt, but I don't want to do all that in the land of magic, so we're ok waiting. We're tentatively planning March 2022 I think.

As soon as we find out more details of the ticketed food event at CA Adv we will make our 3rd trip to downtown Disney since the re-openings

We are hoping to return for our 3rd DTD visit in late March. We are just waiting to hear more about the Food and Wine event, but I already booked a hotel just in case. We miss the parks so much!

I'm looking at the weekend after Thanksgiving 2021. I should be vaccinated by March, so fingers crossed DL will be open by the summer. I absolutely love Disneyland, because it's more of a locals park it's a lot nicer that WDW and most of the rides are better too.
Thanksgiving sounds great. Memories of one time we enjoyed Thanksgiving there <3

Sadly, we have no plans to get back to DLR for a number of reasons including the fact that we just need to see more places in the world. I'm sure we will someday though.
Until then I live vicariously through your trip reports so it's imperative that you all keep up the good work! :earboy2:

DH finally said he’d go to DLR for a couple days in masks - hooray! He wanted to wait until no masks, but at this point, desperate times call for desperate measures! We’ve booked a Feb 2022 trip at WDW - hoping for no masks there, since it’s a much longer and more expensive trip. As for DLR, which is a 7 hour drive away, we will go when it’s open and we’re both fully vaccinated. I’m a teacher, so I’ve had my first dose. DH has no vaccine priority at all, so he’ll be waiting awhile for his. I’m REALLY hoping for this summer, especially since we’ll be down anyway visiting family, but if not, then my long October weekend, or Veterans weekend, or Thanksgiving, or Christmas break...?? (Or maybe a couple of those options??) I’m even toying with the idea of staying on property, which we’ve never done at DLR before, but always do at WDW. We’ll see!

I'm definitely going to book hotel reservations for February 2022 in a couple of weeks. My husband and I both had our first dose of the vaccine this week, so we'll be fully vaccinated by month's end. If we have to wear masks when we go and things are limited even then, I have decided we can accept that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter