When and how to avoid Star Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I just can't see what Star Wars has to do with Disney. To me, Disney is Mickey, Minnie, the Princesses, etc. I'm still struggling to figure out the Muppets and Winnie the Pooh.
Most of the "Disney" Princesses are all based on characters that Disney had nothing to do with creating. Ariel, Snow White, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Mulan, Tiana, Pocahontas, etc.

I`m sure there will be big crowds at rope drop at DHS, but once most of them have created instant 150 minute lines at both GE rides, the rest of the park should be a short wait or walk on for the first hour -- even TSL. If you have fast passes for the GE rides anytime during your vacation (probably toward the end), you`re all set.

Without FPs, I think the best time to get in line for the GE rides will be shortly before closing time. With no more fast passes to slow down the standby line, the wait times should be a fraction of the (horrific) daily average.

Sorry, but I just can't see what Star Wars has to do with Disney. To me, Disney is Mickey, Minnie, the Princesses, etc. I'm still struggling to figure out the Muppets and Winnie the Pooh.

I totally agree with you about SW at Disney and I like SW in general. They’re just going too crazy with it. And to top it off, now we have The Avengers joining the team, ugh. They ripped out A Bugs Life Land at DL, which was totally cute and unique btw, to replace it with a Marvel theme.

I totally agree with you about SW at Disney and I like SW in general. They’re just going too crazy with it. And to top it off, now we have The Avengers joining the team, ugh. They ripped out A Bugs Life Land at DL, which was totally cute and unique btw, to replace it with a Marvel theme.
I love that there will be Marvel at the parks, just sad they are removing original Disney and Disney/Pixer rides instead of expanding. I guess they don’t have the room to just expand every time. But still. Just sad. We’ve only been to DL once because we are on the east coast, but we really liked Bug’s Land.

Edited to add: I wish they would move Bug’s Land to DW!

I love that there will be Marvel at the parks, just sad they are removing original Disney and Disney/Pixer rides instead of expanding. I guess they don’t have the room to just expand every time.
I don't think it has to be about having the room. There's no reason to believe that more attractions means more profit. There is reason to believe that new attractions mean more profit. Consumers today are attracted by the "shiny new thing" much more so than (true) nostalgia. And, of course, Disney has to make sure that they're also the right size (with the right mix) for when the inevitable downturn happens.

I think it will be the opposite. The GE area will quickly reach max capacity, probably within 30 minutes of opening. All those other rope droppers and early comers will overwhelm the other areas.

I truly think we are getting ready to see crowd levels of the like that have never been seen at WDW before.

We're going Sept 10-14 & as much as I know you're right, I really really hope it doesn't play out that way! :( I would be 1 happy momma if the other parks were still slow LOL (i know i know... not gonna happen! just let me dream HA!!)

Pooh bear is disney, I also am a little skeptical of SW & also Marvel. But hey, whatever works -- I guess.

We're going Sept 10-14 & as much as I know you're right, I really really hope it doesn't play out that way! :( I would be 1 happy momma if the other parks were still slow LOL (i know i know... not gonna happen! just let me dream HA!!)
Thats my concern as well. I wonder what they consider "limited capacity". Certainly not the number that will be there for RD.
We aren't going till mid October. I will be reading the threads of the HS crowds. May be a good time to just skip HS this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter