Wheelchairs and Universal

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by kylieh, Nov 30, 2018.

1. kylieh

kylieh DIS Veteran

This will be our first visit at Universal, and we'll be hiring DD16 a chair for both our days from the park. She has limited endurance/mobility, can transfer ok.

Questions...

• Are all of the lines wheelchair friendly?
    • For rides I'm not riding, am I ok to push her to the front on the longer queues then wait somewhere? Some lines look really long looking at YouTubes.
    • When I am riding with her, will the wheelchair be somewhere when she leaves the ride?
    • When we ride Hogwart's Express, do we leave the wheelchair at one park and pick up a new one at the other, or does it go with us?
    We'll all have Express Passes and Two Park per day tickets.

We won't be onsite at Disney until the following week and will have limited need for a wheelchair otherwise those first few days, hence hiring from the park.

2. Mrsjvb

Mrsjvb DIS Veteran

1: yup. Zero entry which I loved( caveat I don’t do coasters so no idea if they are the same)
    2: not sure of a chicken exit at all/ any rides or how you’d get to the end point if it’s different
    3: same set up as Disney handles that
    4: it gets stashed at the back of the car. Be sure and take it both ways( the experience is different each direction)

kylieh likes this.
  3. kylieh

kylieh DIS Veteran

Thank you. Much appreciated