Wheelchair Return Times

Booma

Earning My Ears
Could someone who has been to WDW recently explain how Wheelchair return times work in the MK? I was there a few years ago and got a return card on Space Mountain. I could walk better then but now I will have trouble standing in most lines so I will use a wheelchair for the whole trip. Has the process changed at all and are there other rides that have wheelchair return times?
Thanks!

Could someone who has been to WDW recently explain how Wheelchair return times work in the MK? I was there a few years ago and got a return card on Space Mountain. I could walk better then but now I will have trouble standing in most lines so I will use a wheelchair for the whole trip. Has the process changed at all and are there other rides that have wheelchair return times?
Thanks!
Very few have return time for wheelchair in all of Disney I think just space JC BTMRR maybe IASW ( I know they have a wheelchair entrance but not sure if they give out return time and at EPCOT spaceship earth. You go up to the CM ( and it might be able to put it on your magic band band like they do the DAS rider swap if not now soon maybe) any ways it will be wait time -10 minutes. Very easy way

These at MK give out wheelchair Return Times because their entry is not accessible:
Space Mountain
Jungle Cruise
Big Thunder Mountain RR
Small World (sometimes they have guests use the line to the point where it’s not accessible)

The Return Time is based on the current wait time in the regular line, minus 10 minutes. So, if the wait is 65 minutes, the Return Time will be 55 minutes in the future. Our experience (most recent November 2018) was paper tickets, not added to Magicband.

If you have a Fastpass for those attractions, you will usually be told to scan your ticket/Magicband and will still usually be given a ticket. The time on the ticket will be the current time, so you can go right in. It’s the same process if the current wait time is 15-20 minutes or less

Spaceship Earth boarding for guests with mobility devices is at the exit. There is a large waiting area and a large space for parking ECV and other mobility devices.
They usually only give out Return Time tickets when the wait in the regular Standby line is very long or the waiting /parking areas are full.

Thank you, SueM.

These at MK give out wheelchair Return Times because their entry is not accessible:
Space Mountain
Jungle Cruise
Big Thunder Mountain RR
Small World (sometimes they have guests use the line to the point where it’s not accessible)

The Return Time is based on the current wait time in the regular line, minus 10 minutes. So, if the wait is 65 minutes, the Return Time will be 55 minutes in the future. Our experience (most recent November 2018) was paper tickets, not added to Magicband.

If you have a Fastpass for those attractions, you will usually be told to scan your ticket/Magicband and will still usually be given a ticket. The time on the ticket will be the current time, so you can go right in. It’s the same process if the current wait time is 15-20 minutes or less

Spaceship Earth boarding for guests with mobility devices is at the exit. There is a large waiting area and a large space for parking ECV and other mobility devices.
They usually only give out Return Time tickets when the wait in the regular Standby line is very long or the waiting /parking areas are full.

For Spaceship Earth, always ask at the exit, not the entrance, even if the line seems long, sometimes they let you straight in and sometimes they give a return time, but if you ask at the front they almost always give a return time. So, it never hurts to ask at the exit, just be polite of course.

At least this was our experience in January, when we asked at the front they gave us a return time, which ended up being immediate and considered an extra FP, because they were having technical issues with issuing the return time, but that's another story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter