• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wheelchair and Frozen Ever After

Wheelchairs can be brought to the point of boarding and left there. A transfer is required since there is no wheelchair accessible boat.
It’s not an easy transfer - there person has to step/be lifted over the side of the boat and then down to the seat.

A baby could be held on the lap, but a larger child would need to be sitting on the seat.
There boats have bench seats and should be able to sit 3 - one on each side of the person who needs support.
The wheelchair can be placed as close as you need to the the ride vehicle. After riding, the wheelchair will be near the unload area, which is just down from where you loaded.

There is no "wheelchair boat" for FEA; you will have to help transfer the person from the chair down into the boat, and back again. @SueM in MN has experience with that ride.

I don't know if "lap sitting" would be allowed or not, given that there is a drop during the course of the ride.

And Sue beat me again! LOL

I will just say it is a big step--having had a hip replacement (on the left hip) I used a fasspass and got to the front and decided to pass on the ride--it just seemed like too big of a gap to cover (I'm also short) and I didn't want to risk it.

I will just say it is a big step--having had a hip replacement (on the left hip) I used a fasspass and got to the front and decided to pass on the ride--it just seemed like too big of a gap to cover (I'm also short) and I didn't want to risk it.

right hip here, but I just use the seat to step in then down into the floor. on all rides like this.

right hip here, but I just use the seat to step in then down into the floor. on all rides like this.
A fellow hippy! Hi! Yes, I've done the same on rides like IASW or Pirates--this one just seemed a bigger gap to cover to me. I had a dislocation after my replacement so I am super cautious though.

Thanks for the replies! My wheelchair bound kiddo will be under 2 still for our trip so we can definitely transfer him and sit him on a lap. Thanks!

I found getting into FEA much easier than I thought; however, getting out-
That’s where my big problem lies...
It’s not quick & it’s not pretty!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter