What's your sexual orientation?

What's your sexual orientation?

• I am a straight. I have only been intimately involved with men.

• I am a straight. I have only been intimately involved with women.

• I am a bi-sexual. I identify as a woman currently intimately involved with a man.

• I am a bi-sexual. I identify as a woman currently intimately involved with a woman.

• I am a bi-sexual. I identify as a man currenly intimately involved with a woman.

• I am a bi-sexual. I identify as a man currenly intimately involved with a man.

• I am a gay. I have only been intimately involved other with men.

• I am a gay. I have only been intimately involved with both men and women in the past.

• I am a lesbian. I have only been intimately involved with other women.

• I am a lesbian. I have only been intimately involved with both men and women.

• I am not sure what I am yet!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Timon-n-Pumbaa Fan

<font color=blue>Identifies with Pumbaa's Flatulen
So, now that we have established that there is at least one of everyone on the boards, I figured it would be kind of cool to see in a private response poll, just how the posters identified themselves.

Well, cut me a little slack on the choices. I am tired and it's storming, so I really have no business being online right now. I realize the choices could have been worded better and been much more grammatically correct and spelled better too.

Oiy!

I'm gay. I tried to be straight, really I did, it just didn't work out for me. Kind of a "been there, done that, didn't want the T-shirt" type thing.

I am 100% lesbian, but in my younger years (read TEEN years), which were so very long ago, I tried playing for the other team, but was very, very happy to be traded at the ripe age of 20.

I dated guys in high school and college, but I just never achieved a level of intimacy outside of the bedroom that made me want to go into the bedroom. I, even, had a couple of proposals, which just floored me when they happened, because these guys believed that I was worthy of spending the rest of their lives with and I couldn't even imagine spending the night. :laughing:

Finally, somewhere along the way, I allowed myself to dump all of the "straight world programming" and follow my heart. My biggest hurtle was finding a way to keep my relationship with God intact. I may not be a regular church goer, but I do have a personal relationship with God and I didn't want to lose that. I spent a good couple of years on that one. Somewhere along the way, I fell in love HARD for a friend and when she broke my heart, it hurt worse than anything that I had ever felt before. I didn't even identify it as me being in love until she said that she never wanted to see me again. I was devastated. It was right then and there that I knew that no man had ever made me feel that way and that I had better get busy following my heart or else my life was going to pass me by with no real love or happiness.

In my early twenties, I dated a lot. I found out that there was a DEEP level of intimacy with some of these women. I found that it translated into wanting to go inside the bedroom. :woohoo:

I'm bi. My gf and I broke up in February (well, she broke up with me). I've been on-and-off sad about it since. Basically, I still have feelings for her, but she only loves me "as a friend/sister".

I'm developing a crush on another one of my best friends. Who's a girl. And straight. Yikes!

Basically, I've only had one relationship so far, and it was with my best friend. I'm young, though, so I still have time!

I am bisexual.

I only fully realized this towards the end of college. I can remember as early as middle school have fantasies about women and wondering if that made me a lesbian. But at the same time I knew I was attracted to men and had crushes on boys in school. I think a lot of gay and lesbian people figure out what their sexual orientation is after trying dating/sex with the opposite sex and realizing that something isn't right about that for them. But things did feel right with guys in high school, so I think I just wasn't pushed to think about whether I also liked girls; and I don't really think that there were any individual girls in high school that I was attracted to.

When I got to college I got involved with the GLBT group as an ally and that was the first time I was really around any significant number of GLBT people. That was also the first time I really felt sexually interested in particular women I knew. Even then, I was a little hesitant to identify as bisexual--I almost felt like since all of the GLBT group members first knew me as a straight ally, that I needed "proof" :rolleyes:. So it was only after the first time I become sexually involved with a woman that I actually started identifying as bi.

I should have kept reading and voted "I am not sure what I am yet!". Let me see...I thought I was a CSP (straight cool person ;) ) for 46 years and then realized that wasn't quite accurate. I don't know whether to say I'm bi or lesbian, but I voted lesbian because I really feel that I am. Strange to think about and I'm in counseling to sort all this out (should have started with the current counselor long ago).

I should have kept reading and voted "I am not sure what I am yet!". Let me see...I thought I was a CSP (straight cool person ;) ) for 46 years and then realized that wasn't quite accurate. I don't know whether to say I'm bi or lesbian, but I voted lesbian because I really feel that I am. Strange to think about and I'm in counseling to sort all this out (should have started with the current counselor long ago).

Same here. I consider myself a "non-practicing" lesbian. I always considered myself straight-but I don't really think that fits either. I don't know that I fit in ANY of the boxes...but I guess personality wise-lesbian comes the closest.

I've been considering counseling too-but I've kind of dismissed the idea because it seems silly at my age...but then...you're my age....

Same here. I consider myself a "non-practicing" lesbian. I always considered myself straight-but I don't really think that fits either. I don't know that I fit in ANY of the boxes...but I guess personality wise-lesbian comes the closest.

I've been considering counseling too-but I've kind of dismissed the idea because it seems silly at my age...but then...you're my age....

Go to counseling! HOWEVER find someone who is an expert in this field. I used to go to someone who wasn't and quit when I really realized I started with the sexuality questioning. I knew she wouldn't have any knowledge about it (and she wasn't a very good counselor, anyway--I actually needed someone who was going to question me more and wasn't going to simply make my husband out to be the bad guy, which she was basically doing). Anyway, the person I now see has been doing this sort of counseling for 30 years and seems to really understand.

Go to counseling! HOWEVER find someone who is an expert in this field. I used to go to someone who wasn't and quit when I really realized I started with the sexuality questioning. I knew she wouldn't have any knowledge about it (and she wasn't a very good counselor, anyway--I actually needed someone who was going to question me more and wasn't going to simply make my husband out to be the bad guy, which she was basically doing). Anyway, the person I now see has been doing this sort of counseling for 30 years and seems to really understand.

How did you find an expert?

" I am a gay" :lmao: I love that! I am full on **** but did have a play with the girlie's when I was in my early teens but the playing with the boys was more my style so by the time I was 16 I had a full time bf but his wife wasn't too pleased :scratchin

mo.

Mo, mo, mo
How do you like it, how do you like it
Mo, mo, mo
How do you like it, how do you like it
disco.gif

dancingflwr1.gif
dancingflwr1.gif
dancingflwr1.gif

I am a straight male who is only attracted to other straight males -
where's my catagory?
;)

I give this post till noon before it goes south, someone gets too saucey/discriptive and it is locked.

I am a straight male who is only attracted to other straight males -
where's my catagory?
;)

I give this post till noon before it goes south, someone gets too saucey/discriptive and it is locked.

Don't look at me :sad2:
Not my fault - this time.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter