What's your favorite classic TV show?

Salute your shorts
the show that was on Nick about the dude ranch ... Hey Dude?
Price is Right (in the Rod Roddy days)
the original Gilligan's Island
Double Dare (back when Marc Summers was hosting)

SyracuseWolvrine said:
Salute your shorts
the show that was on Nick about the dude ranch ... Hey Dude?
Price is Right (in the Rod Roddy days)
the original Gilligan's Island
Double Dare (back when Marc Summers was hosting)
Double Dare! I completely forgot about that TV show. My friends and I would always pick our favorite team at the beginning of the show, my goal was to be on that show when I got older. Too bad it wasn't around when I was finally old enough!

UnderTheMistletoe said:
Nice to find you here, Ash!

Full House... hands down!

We got the Candlelight Processional dinner package for December 27th... I can't wait to see John Stamos!! I've had a crush on him since I was knee high! :Pinkbounc

SO DID WE!!! I am so excited!!! I can't believe Uncle Jesse is going to be reading me the Christmas Story :rotfl: .

Ok, but back on topic:

Muppet Babies
Fraggle Rock
And every Nickelodeon show mentioned already
(especially Eureka's Castle, Salute Your Shorts, and Hey Dude)
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

You know, Old time Nickelodeon and old Disney Channel were the best--talk about quality TV. Poor kids nowadays watch junk...catdog? C'mon. what is that.

figments407 said:
You know, Old time Nickelodeon and old Disney Channel were the best--talk about quality TV. Poor kids nowadays watch junk...catdog? C'mon. what is that.
I also feel sorry for them not having REALLY good Saturday morning cartoons. I always loved waking up and watching Garfield and the Muppet Babies.

FutureAshleyDukes said:
I also feel sorry for them not having REALLY good Saturday morning cartoons. I always loved waking up and watching Garfield and the Muppet Babies.

I love Garfield and the Muppet Babies. :flower: Those were such cute shows.

Does anybody remember a show with people and elephants...there were like 3 hosts and a couple of elephants and they sang and danced....maybe I am mistaken. :confused3 Let me know if anybody remembers.

degrassi26 said:
Does anybody remember a show with people and elephants...there were like 3 hosts and a couple of elephants and they sang and danced....maybe I am mistaken. :confused3 Let me know if anybody remembers.

I think I know what you're talking about but I could be wrong. At the end of the show, was there a song that started out and forgive the bad spelling "skinamarink-de-de-dink, skinamarink de-do, I love you, etc...." If that is the show you're talking about, I can't think of the name right now. If not, well, there's another classic show. :p

That was the ELEPHANT SHOW!! That's the actual title of the show, I think. I had a big discussion with my friends about that show not too long ago. I can only remember the elephants and that song and something about a spider web? Gee, kinda sounds like a nightmare doesn't it :rolleyes: But yeah, that show is way back in the corner of my memory...

The Elephant show with Sharol Lois and Bram, I actually saw them in concert a few times when I was a kid

applepwnz said:
The Elephant show with Sharol Lois and Bram, I actually saw them in concert a few times when I was a kid

That was my first concert! :rotfl:

Thanks to everyone who posted info on the Elephant show...now that you mentioned it all the memories of the show are coming back to me, especially the "skinamarink (sp)" song.

Anybody remember the little "side" shows they had on Nick, such as "The Offbeats," "The Space Between Mr.Frear's Ears", "Maya the Bee," and "Flexi and Jam" ?

And who could forget FACE on Nick Junior and the good old Stick Stickley!! :teeth:

Stick Stickley!!! I forgot about him, he was so cool, lol. OK this is a long shot, no one I know has ever remembered this show. I think it was on SNICK when it first started, and it was called Roundhouse. It was like, sketch comedy, I believe?? Anyway, I love this thread!!! :goodvibes

Ohh, I remember roundhouse!!! I used to love that one! and Stick Stickly too, I still remember his little song: " Write to me, Stick Stickly, PO Box 963, New York City, New York State, 10108!"

Wow! You guys are going way past me! And I thought I was a freak about old shows! lol! I do remember Face ... was he that long ago?? That Elephant Show is coming back to me now ... Does anyone remember that show where some kids had their own tv station or something?? i dunno ... i need to go make some more searches on Amazon.com ... :flower:

Scratch that. I only remember the song from the Elephant Show.
I also found this pic. Which made me think .. maybe I didn't watch this. It didn't ring any bells. But maybe it'll bring memories back for others! :)

de-43204_temp.jpg

tink_sparkles84 said:
Does anyone remember that show where some kids had their own tv station or something?? i dunno ... i need to go make some more searches on Amazon.com ... :flower:

Kidz Incorporated

Wild and Crazy Kids,

Double Dare (I always thought it was so cool how they used to slide into the humongous ice cream sundae thing at the end of the shows)

The Journey of Allen Strange

The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo (eh, this one was ok, not the best)

RUPERT

Tin-Tin

Rocko's Modern Life

Gullah Gullah Island

What Would You Do

1990's Nickelodeon was amazing.

And, of course, one of the best shows of all time, Dinosaurs!
Baby Sinclair: "Not the Mama!"

I LOVED 'Are you Afraid of the Dark?' It made me have nightmares about becoming trapped in a pinball machine.

FutureAshleyDukes said:
I LOVED 'Are you Afraid of the Dark?' It made me have nightmares about becoming trapped in a pinball machine.

I bet we've all had nightmares as little kids because of that show at one point or another...to a little 8 year old kid, those things seemed scary back then!

Do you remember from Are You Afraid of the Dark the guy who was in a lot of the episodes...he owned the magic shop. His name was Sardo (pronounced Sah-do, "No Mister, accent on the do .") LOL, I loved when he said that all the time. :teeth:

i LOVE golden girls!
still will watch full house , boy meets world, home improvement reruns too..

my mom thought i was nuts and the only one who still watched!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter