Whats your favorite character dinner?

Momager

Mouseketeer
I have CM booked for dinner one night, but I keep reading bad reviews about their dinner! The last time we had a trip to Disney (about 5 years ago) it was mostly good reviews. Has it gone down that much??

If you were to choose a different dinner character meal, what would you choose? My youngest daughter is 4, then 4 adults and 2 teenagers.

Thanks!

Storybook Dining @ Artist Point? Mixed reviews there too but it sounds fun!

Are you looking for something inside a park? Or at a resort? We really enjoy Tusker House at AK - great character interaction and a variety of interesting food choices. If you need something at a resort, perhaps 1900 Park Fare at GF.

I'm not a huge fan of CM and it tend to hurt a bit when the exorbitant bill arrives after the mediocre meal.

I'll second Tusker House at AK. We really like the atmosphere, food and character interactions.

It's been several years since we ate at CM. It wasn't bad.

1900 PF, Akershus and Garden Grill have been our fave character dinners. We've tried all of the others minus the one at WL, but not huge fans of the others.

Are there specific characters you guys want to meet? That would help to narrow down the options a bit.

(Personally, mine are Tusker House and Garden Grill. They include Mickey/Goofy/Donald/Daisy and Mickey/Pluto/Chip/Dale.)

Storybook Dining @ Artist Point? Mixed reviews there too but it sounds fun!
We loved this! So much fun. I thought the food was good.

First trip we went to Garden Grill and didn’t really enjoy the food. But the character interactions were really good.

My daughter loves Beauty & the Beast, so we had to go to BOG. We went both before and after the new menu and enjoyed the food both times. We did CRT and Akershus breakfast last trip and liked both. We actually did akershus both trips.

My all time favorite was Mickey’s backyard BBQ. Wish that was still around

Thanks everyone for your replies. We're already doing Tusker House & CRT. Cape May Cafe isn't a character meal for dinner unfortunately, and as much as I honestly enjoy it for breakfast, its more important to get to the parks early. I'm just really surprised by all the negative reviews for CM dinner!

I think CM is actually very good for breakfast. You can say it's overpriced and not relaxing, but the food and characters are solid, and eating inside the contemporary concourse is as classic disney as it gets.

Lunch and dinner are not as good in my view.

Cape May only has characters for breakfast, not dinner. 1900 Park Fare has the best character buffet food-wise. For a non-character buffet, Cape May is our favorite hands down.

Wow, I didn't realize they no longer did characters at dinner. Thats a bummer!

My favorite character dinner is Tusker House in Animal Kingdom. The food is great and is outside the box compared to what is on many of the other buffets. Garden Grill is probably my 2nd favorite. I wish they still had characters at Liberty Tree Tavern.

My favorite character dinner is Tusker House in Animal Kingdom. The food is great and is outside the box compared to what is on many of the other buffets. Garden Grill is probably my 2nd favorite. I wish they still had characters at Liberty Tree Tavern.
When my kids were growing up, Liberty Tree tavern character meal for dinner, then stepping outside to view the nighttime parade from the front of the restaurant, was one of our WDW traditions! Sadly, neither the characters nor the night time parade is around anymore! We hope to start a Tusker House and Garden Grill tradition with our grands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!