• The South

• Philadelphia

• The Northeast

• The West

• Boston

• North Central

• The Inland North

Results are only viewable after voting.
Quiz Results: Midland?????? I was born and raised less than 10 miles outside of Boston. Of course I spent 1/2 my childhood travelling to Maine, Canada and Pennsylvania. I guess that's why it couldn't detect my accent. It's a mish-mosh of everything!

Southern (of course!) :)

btw, its not pop or soda; its a coke! :laughing: all carbonated drinks in the south (or at least in my part of the south) are coke. You just have to figure out "what kind of coke"

Yes - Donna and Dawna would be different:

Donna is : Open up and say DAAAHna.

As is : Turn the lights AHHHn

I think any *O* turns into an 'open up and say 'ahhhh' - Rob, Todd, On, iPod.

Dawna is - Awwww, isnt Dawwwwna cute - as in lawn, fawn.

My one G/F lives and is from Boston. Sometimes when I get on the phone with under I don't understand a word she's saying. If she talks too fast, I'm lost. So, if she laughs, I just laugh. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Any better understanding? Probably not. :lmao:

LOL. Nope. Still don't have a clue how you pronounce Dawn and Don differently.

Southern (of course!) :)

btw, its not pop or soda; its a coke! :laughing: all carbonated drinks in the south (or at least in my part of the south) are coke. You just have to figure out "what kind of coke"

Yeah! Or it's just a drink. "What kind of drink do you want from the store?"

LOL. Nope. Still don't have a clue how you pronounce Dawn and Don differently.

I wish I could explain this. In the south, if you're saying Dawn, say the a as if you're saying aaawwww (as in if seeing a newborn baby), and just put that in between D and N.:rotfl:

I thought for sure I'd get south, but got west! I guess I really don't have that heavy of a southern twang as I thought.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.
Result Breakdown:
95% The Midland
73% The West
63% The Inland North
54% The South
53% Philadelphia
50% Boston
49% North Central
45% The Northeast
Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

Mine came back as North Central.

The interesting line was this: "outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot"

:rotfl2:That's funny because I AM Canadian:thumbsup2

My result was "Philadelphia"...oddly enough.....I lived in a NW suburb my whole life.

:thumbsup2
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio

Haha, I'm from Florida

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland
"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.
Result Breakdown:
90% The Midland
88% The South
73% Philadelphia
64% The Northeast
63% The Inland North
29% The West
19% Boston
0% North Central
Quiz URL: http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have

I always laugh when I hear people say they are going to drink some "pop" because a couple of the guys I've dated have called their fathers "pop" so my first thought is "you're going to drink your father?"

I was born in Pittsburgh but have lived in the midwest (Indiana) since I was in high school.

My results: North Central

".....outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot....."

That's never happened by my cousin's friend in Connecticut told me I sounded like a Southern belle once .....

The SOUTh,but at least people can understand me.Been to some places in the south where you need a dictonary!!

Mine was Midland. I have lived in Alabama since I was 2 and was born in Virginia. But I sound a lot like my mom who has lived in several different places. It does sound pretty accurate because my husband always said my friends and I had our own accent.(or lack of one.) Maybe because we were all singers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter