What's the "worst" room at Pop Century?

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
Meaning what building is farthest from the main pool, buses, etc.. Are there any benefits to the staying in the farthest building? It's unlikely my family will stay there. I just want to explore ALL options.

The 80s/90s buildings are furthest from the skyliner and main lobby. They have their own pool and you park close by but not many advantages I can think of otherwise.

Disneys-Pop-Century-Resort-Map.jpg

IMHO the ‘worst’ buildings from Skyliner and Classic Hall are buildings 7 and 8. I’ve also stayed in a room in building 2 that was very far from the buses.

MANY MANY stays at POP! :hippie: Love it there and stayed all over.

Absolutely worst stays are the 80's and 90's!

Farthest walk. Even doing the parking lot cut through (talk about a theme/bubble buster) it's still far.

The area is highly used for large groups, tour groups, teens etc. I've never had a good stay in that area.

I see NO ADVANTAGE of staying in that area.

The room we had in 80s was horrific. You couldn't be further from the lobby. We didn't drive so having the parking lot right there was useless. You needed to pack a lunch to go to the lobby to buy lunch! I won't touch that resort ever, every again after that. Plus, room was so small I had to go outside to change my mind. Had to fold the stroller to even fit it in the door. This was when it had full size beds. Has to be even worse with queens.

The room we had in 80s was horrific. You couldn't be further from the lobby. We didn't drive so having the parking lot right there was useless. You needed to pack a lunch to go to the lobby to buy lunch! I won't touch that resort ever, every again after that. Plus, room was so small I had to go outside to change my mind. Had to fold the stroller to even fit it in the door. This was when it had full size beds. Has to be even worse with queens.
Some roms at moderate and deluxe resorts have far longer walks to the lobby and restaurants. Some people have to take.a bus to get to the main building at CBR,.CSR and POR.

The second bed is a.Q murphy bed. More room when the bed is up.

An attempt.at humor based on fake facts NOT

Wow I must be crazy but I had a room in the 90s and thought the walk through the resort to the lobby and skyliner was pretty and not at all a hassle. I also liked that it was fairly quiet in that area. After staying in the furthest section, I decided I would never pay the upcharge for preferred if I stayed at Pop again. I do agree the rooms are small though and I prefer a moderate room if it's a family trip (4 of us).

Meaning what building is farthest from the main pool, buses, etc.. Are there any benefits to the staying in the farthest building? It's unlikely my family will stay there. I just want to explore ALL options.
I'd say anything is 80s/90s section. We've stayed at Pop a handful of times and have never even seen those sections. - They're farther away from lobby/transportation/main pool than any of the other sections.

The worst room at Pop is the one in which the people in the room next to me are snoring really loudly!
So true! lol
Not just snoring, pretty much any noise.

DD (a middle schooler at the time) was doing virtual school when we stayed at POP and was pretty unhappy with all the different noises coming from our neighbor (she couldn't concentrate.) She honestly found it easier sitting at a table outside with all the crowds outside the food court.

I'd definitely stay there again, but not to work or school, etc. We were in the 80s section and didn't find it too terrible.

Borrowing the map from above, I added yellow Xs in all of the areas we've stayed at Pop.
We've only booked standard rooms and the only requests we've ever made were the last two trips when we requested 50s and, this last trip, ground floor.
That said, the rooms I've liked the most were in the 60s. Both of those trips pre-date the Skyliner, but we generally just found them very convenient.
We like 50s because it seems a little quieter and by skirting along the buildings or the lake, the walks anywhere aren't too far.
Both times we were in the 80s also pre-date the Skyliner, so it wasn't too bad over there because it was a quick walk to the buses.
Now - as far as specifics in the rooms? The quietest rooms we've had have been on the 3rd floor. But the elevators are slow so be prepared for stairs at the end of a long day in the parks.
This last trip, we were in 50s building 2, near the end of the wing, and had hardly any water pressure in our shower and it was hit or miss if we'd get decent hot water. I didn't mind the location, but it was my least favorite room for that reason.

pop rooms.png

I had a ground floor room facing the hippie dippy pool. Horrible noise from all the people outside in the pool and walking past. That was pre Skyliner so probably even more foot traffic. I normally go for the 50s section.

We have have stayed in many different buildings at POP and didn't find the 80's or 90's that bad of a walk at all. I think it's much easier than the little Mermaid rooms at AoA, now that walk after a long day at the parks, in August during a torrential rainstorm, are brutal.:crazy2:

And this is when my Dohm sound machine gets cranked up to high....
I have a white noise app on my phone now and wow does it help!

I had a ground floor room facing the hippie dippy pool. Horrible noise from all the people outside in the pool and walking past. That was pre Skyliner so probably even more foot traffic. I normally go for the 50s section.
The Hippie Dippy Pool is actually the reason I looked for a white noise app. The jets shooting into the pool made a noise that I thought was rain like all night long and it helped drown out other noises. It wasn’t until I looked outside in the morning and didn’t see a drop of rain that I realized it was the pool fountains 🤣

That’s funny. That’s the exact room we request. Love the convenience of being so close to everything. But it makes a difference that we are park open to park close people. We are never there during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter