What's the end of May like?

higgy66

<font color=deeppink>I have to force myself to go
Hi

Just wondering what the end of May is like for queues and weather?

I've heard that Easter the queues are bad so wondered if May was any better? Considering tagging a week onto May Half term. Would it be better a week after i.e. June or the week before?

Anyone done both and which would you recommend.

Thanks in advance

We have been twice at Easter - the weather is perfect then - not too hot, no humidity, hardly rains etc. Yes the parks are busy but we found it very managerable with a bit of planning - avoid MK on Easter Sunday - not a nice place to be! Our children are 9 and 6 now - we went when they were 5 & 3 and again when they were 7 & 5 - we loved every minute of it and are now planning for Easter 2011 - they will be 10 & 7 then. Apparently in early May the parks are very quiet but do get busy later on... and in terms of May half term - the weather will be hotter but still not humid. If I were in your position I would avoid June because that's when the schools over there start their summer break so I would go the week before half term - parks should be a lot quieter than in June. Have fun.:goodvibes

First week in June shouldn't be so bad, the US schools break up usually around the middle of the month.
To be honest a week either before or after would be okay, possibly slightly hotter in early June, I don't think it would make much difference which week you choose.

We went at Easter this year, it was packed for about 3 days, Magic Kingdom and EPCOT the busiest I have seen them, however outside of that period crowd levels weren't too bad and the weather is perfect.

We did last week of May to 1st week of June last year and it was quite ok crowd wise. Never queued longer than 25 minutes (and that was because the ride had to be stopped for a little while for some reason).
We went to the MK on the Saturday of memorial day weekend, which was supposed to be the busiest weekend of our trip. That morning we did: buzz lightyear, space mountain, winnie the pooh, mickey's philharmagic, haunted mansion, thunder mountain and pirates all by 11am! We did arrive at opening. So it really wasn't bad at all!
Weather, well, this is coming from somebody who has trouble with heat and humidity: I survived, but mainly thanks to airco ;) I even did fine wearing 3/4 length trousers, something which I found was too warm this past September trip
Photos of that trip to be found here

We go every year the half term week in May and a couple of weeks after.

In 2010 we are going 31st May to 26th June, it is hot but not too hot and with use of Fastpass we never wait longer than a few minutes.

We love this time of year, see you there then.....

We have been in May three times, and love it. We would be going again next May given the choice, but really want to see the parks decorated for Christmas. I find the weather perfect - its hot, bit without all the humidity you get June - Sep because of the rain. It hardly ever seems to rain in May (that said, the last week of May this year wasn't very good!). We have never suffered with the lines at that time of year (but we do tend to get to the park for rope drop); I have seen lines an hour long on the most popular rides, but imagine thats par for the course all year, and as long as you plan you can avoid them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter