What's the break even point?

Captain7391

Earning My Ears
I have 2 one park/day theme park tickets in September, 6 one park/day tickets in December, and 4 park hopper tickets in February '22. Assuming they start selling APs in August, which is the current rumor, it would behoove me to get an AP right? (This is also assuming that the price is in the same neighborhood as it was pre-covid) Not sure what the break even point is, especially since many of the tickets were part of a package so it's hard to determine how much I paid specifically for the tickets. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have 2 one park/day theme park tickets in September, 6 one park/day tickets in December, and 4 park hopper tickets in February '22. Assuming they start selling APs in August, which is the current rumor, it would behoove me to get an AP right? (This is also assuming that the price is in the same neighborhood as it was pre-covid) Not sure what the break even point is, especially since many of the tickets were part of a package so it's hard to determine how much I paid specifically for the tickets. Thanks!
I believe precovid, it was about the same as 10 single day tickets, or a little less. Typically, any group of tickets for 4 days or less, there’s not much savings.

just pricing out your tickets based on random days in each of the months, it’s around $1300 for 1 person. So if APs are less and available, I’d switch to those if you can, especially if you think you’d go again if you had the AP.

The way things are looking I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Disney doesn’t allow new annual passes to happen in August. I hope they go through with it I’m going in September and will love to change it to a annual pass.

The price that you paid for the tickets would be whatever the gate price was for those dates and ticket types when you made your reservation. It should have shown the cost breakdown down when you booked your packages. But if you want a ballpark figure on their cost, you could go to the Disney website and just input the tickets (including individual start dates and the type - base, hopper or hopper plus). Add each to your cart and you'll see the pre-tax total there.

Chances are pretty good that with 3 separate trips of 2 days, 6 days and 4 days, you would probably benefit from an AP. Not only would you at least break even on the cost of admission alone, you would also get Memory Maker included with your AP, free theme park parking, plus dining, merchandise and room discounts.

If annual passes are made available for sale again, can you get a refund on all those tickets? Historically, disney only let you use 1 ticket per person to upgrade to an annual pass.

If annual passes are made available for sale again, can you get a refund on all those tickets? Historically, disney only let you use 1 ticket per person to upgrade to an annual pass.
OP would need to change all of their reservations from packages to room-only.

OP would need to change all of their reservations from packages to room-only.
Or just drop the tickets and have a "basic package" which is essentially a room-only with package rules ($200 deposit and PIF @ 30 days).

Value of tickets is not necessarily what you paid, but how much WDW sold that same ticket online on the date you bought your tickets (or booked a package). You would only need to know the value of the Sept. tickets to use towards the AP upgrade, and you should be able to get a pretty good idea by looking at the current pricing for your dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter