What's the better deal?

PearlySwan

"I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread so
Okay, admittedly it's late, and I've been busy changing dinner ressies for DN's visit to WDW. Soooo my brain is not functioning at its peak. Has anyone done the math? What would be the better deal at a deluxe resort?

PIN code offer 40% off room only

or

$750 gift card offer.

TIA! :flower3:

Depends on what you are doing
Are you doing DDP?
For us the difference was negligible so we opted for the room discount with DDP

Easy answer is that it depends. It depends on which resort, which room type, and how long you plan on staying.

We are staying at the Grand Floridan for 9 nights Club level. The 40% off code saves us $2,246 for the nine nights.

But if you are looking to stay at the Wilderness Lodge for only five weekday nights during regular season in a standard room then the 40% off code only saves you $600 and the gift card would be a better deal.

You can price them out on disneyworld.com (both discounts have links on the main page) but depending on where you plan on staying, it can be really confusing. I'm in the process of changing ours to 2 bookings so I can take advantage of both while we extend our trip a few days.

When I priced out the difference between the two discounts, I would pay roughly $300 more with NO DDP for the GC promo which would make my GC worth $450 vs. what we have now at the room discount with DDP. We are definitely going to be spending more than $450 for our meals, so the room discount is a much better deal for us.:wizard:

The 40% off was the better deal for my family, saving us $1380 compared to the 750 gift card:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter