What's so special about the Free Dining PIN?

YachtandBeachy

Earning My Ears
The free dining PIN is nice, but what makes it exclusive or special? Because won't the sale be eventually released to the public? Then everyone can book it, correct?

The free dining PIN is nice, but what makes it exclusive or special? Because won't the sale be eventually released to the public? Then everyone can book it, correct?

I have found in the past the only perk to a free dining pin or bounceback is availability. You get first choice of the resorts, which makes your chances of getting into the resort you want easier. Plus the dates. In the past the early birds have been given a wider range of dates to choose from and the window for the GP has been smaller. For example, one year bounceback folks were offered dates starting mid-August. I was going to fly down and stay a couple of days and book it, but thought, I'll just wait until it's released to the public. WRONG. Once it was released to the public that dates range started the end of August (24th or 26th). Of course, my week was within the bounceback range, so I didn't get the free dining. Since the pin offer is for dates starting August 16th, it does not necessarily mean that the public offer will start on that same date. In the past the public offer generally began August 23 to the 26 range. (Actually I believe the bounceback for free dining is also for trips arriving late August. So only the current Pin free dining is for the earlier date of August 16th -- btw, I got the pin and booked it as I've learn my lession about expecting a repeat promotion and it not happening). Good luck. I would expect that there will be a free dining GP this year (April), but we won't know the particulars until some of the info is leaked out prior to the release.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter