What's On Your License Plate?

We own both cars. It would never be different owners: It only pertains to ham radio license plates. Probably has I do with ham radio being used in storm chasing, etc.

That makes much more sense but still interesting they do that for ham radio operators. Thanks for clarifying.

My husband has had his ham radio license since he was a kid, but he just checked into the license plates last year. The state must like for people to have licenses and the plates. Regular vanity plates cost a lot extra in Texas, but the ham radio ones were just a couple of dollars more.

I would guess that the POW ones are not the usual vanity plate price, either.

We thought it was very strange that the plates were the same for two cars, too.

My car has TINKLVR and my DH's is RUTTROE. Our plates before were SCUBYFN and SCUBYDO. My DH has always been a Scooby Doo fan, but now he loves Mater just as much. I would not be surprised if he eventually changes his to Mater.

There is a small restaurant in town that has license plates hanging on the wall so we gave them our SCUBY plates. There have been a couple times that I have been there and some one is sitting near the plates and commented on them. Recently it was a father and son. The son said something that I missed and the father said "They might be about Scooby Doo". Since I was sitting next to them, I told them that yes they were about Scooby Doo, that my husband loved Scooby.

Besides the reality that this thread was bumped from over 8 years ago, there are websites where owners can be identified by license plate. Just a warning that you might not want to put this info on the boards.

Exactly. Do people not know that? :confused3

It took me all of five seconds googling to find someone's full name and address that posted their plate on this thread.

It took me all of five seconds googling to find someone's full name and address that posted their plate on this thread.

Why would you do that?:confused3

As you drive down the road or any parking lot, you can write down a plate, google it and have the same info.

Yeah, it's more dangerous to drive down the street with your license plate showing. If someone's going to go after a person, it's probably someone who knows you or who is at least a local stalker. Plus, there are a lot more weirdos out there to see your license plate in "real" life than on the DIS.

We're all putting ourselves at risk by driving with license plates on our cars :eek:! I say we should all vow to elect a president who will let us cover up our license plates. Who's with me??? :dance3:

Yeah, it's more dangerous to drive down the street with your license plate showing. If someone's going to go after a person, it's probably someone who knows you or who is at least a local stalker. Plus, there are a lot more weirdos out there to see your license plate in "real" life than on the DIS.

We're all putting ourselves at risk by driving with license plates on our cars :eek:! I say we should all vow to elect a president who will let us cover up our license plates. Who's with me??? :dance3:

LOL- I was explaining that putting on here or driving down the road can have the same consequence....there really is no privacy with something that is publically displayed :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter