What's in Your Wallet?

That's why I never shop anymore. It worked. LOL

My DH learned it long ago. He would just be miserable in the store. Cranky, nasty, mumble rude things about people walking by so they could almost hear him. (I'm sure some of them DID hear him. :eek:) He would just basically embarrass me. Now he doesn't have to go because I can't trust him to behave. See, I don't need kids - I have him. :sad2:

Driver's License
Credit Card
Debit Card
AAA Card
Medical Insurance Card
2 Sheetz Espresso Bar Cards (one with 3 punches the other with none)
Sheetz Coffee Card (one punch)
A picture of my girls
6 old gas reciepts - I just tossed them in the trash though.
a paper clip

There is frightening lack of cash among us. How are we ever going to keep the underground economy going?

I do actually have approx. $300 in my purse at the moment. Only because I do the "envelope" system so I won't over spend.

Ami, i thought i was the only one to use envelopes. They're my saving accouts. I have one for scrapbooking, one for fun stuff with the kids (movies, pool, roller skating, etc) one for camping trips. I divide up my baby sitting money. Then i hide them from my husband or it gets used for fishing gear.

Envelope system??? I am interested if it puts $300 in my purse er mean pocket.

The envelope system seems to work WAAAAYYY better then the banking system!!

Frank is the one who takes forever at shopping, me I'm in and out. A good list and time management. I have an over organized problem. Is there a 12 step program for that? ;)

Envelope system??? I am interested if it puts $300 in my purse er mean pocket.

Every pay day the bills and such get paid and then the rest gets divied up between groceries, gas, entertainment, gifts, clothes, etc, etc....and they all have their own envelopes. Whatever is left in these envelopes at the next pay day gets put in the Disney fund.:banana: My babysitting money goes straight to savings unless we have an emergency.

It takes a little effort in planning and getting the right amount out of the ATM, but it works well for me because I can see the cash and when my envelope gets thin I know to start bugeting a little more wisely. When I just swipe a debit card, somehow my money goes.....Poof!

Wow, that might help, but after I pay the bills, it is hard to divide that last $10 bill up between all those things. (Sorry Matt, you can't eat this pay, maybe next week ) LOL

Wow, that might help, but after I pay the bills, it is hard to divide that last $10 bill up between all those things. (Sorry Matt, you can't eat this pay, maybe next week ) LOL

I hear ya, John! It seems a waste to use up an entire envelope just to hold a dime.

Before I was married, I used the Fish Bowl & Window Shade method.
All the bills go into a fish bowl, draw out one at a time, pay it, keep doing this til money was gone,,,,,then pull the window shades and if bill collectors knocked at the door,,,,be beawrry, beawrry quiet.:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Before I was married, I used the Fish Bowl & Window Shade method.
All the bills go into a fish bowl, draw out one at a time, pay it, keep doing this til money was gone,,,,,then pull the window shades and if bill collectors knocked at the door,,,,be beawrry, beawrry quiet.:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I thought you raised goldfish or something. :lmao:

Went grocery shopping with DW last night so the $79 is history and it all fit in 2 baags! It reminded me of why we don't shop together much - it took her 35 minutes to pick out 1 birthday card, 6 frozen dinners and some yogurt - 35 minutes!

Al is not exagerating. If anything - he's probably underestimating the time he was at the store with his DW. I absolutely adore Al's DW, but I won't shop with her.

I HATE to shop. If I don't find what I'm looking for in a few minutes,,,I'm outta there. That includes clothes and shoes, too. When I find a style of pants or tops that fit me well, I buy one of every color they have. Then I'm done for the year.

Grocery shopping the same way.... I have a list, get what I need, and get out of there. I have better things to do...like spending time on the Disboard!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter