What's in a BLT? - Or, Configuration of the Tower *UPDATED 11/23*

Thanks for all the info! Do they randomly assign units to people's deeds or is there a system to it? We didn't buy in until the end of April 09, perhaps this section was under development at the time? And I wonder if this has any effect on the room you will be given when making a ressie?

I tried to look at your link, but you need to have a login, which I don't:confused3

Thanks again for all your information!!!!

For non-registered users, read the Disclaimer and click the Acknowledge button.

The link works now...not sure what I did the first time! This was really neat, I printed some pages out!!

As best we can determine, the standard views are all the villas on the 1st and 2nd floors; the MK views are on floors 3-15 and only on the center part of BLT's crescent that faces the Magic Kingdom. Everything else will be Lake View villas. BTW - I think some of the Lake View villas on BLT's northern crescent (North is to the left when facing BLT's main entrance) facing away from the pool have incredible views of MK. See photo and postings in this thread on the DVC Planning Board: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Keep in mind, this is just a very educated guess based on reports from 1st time visitors and earlier estimates of the mix of BLT's standard, LV, and MK room counts.

thanks for the info once again and the link...I subbed in there too to follow :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the info! Do they randomly assign units to people's deeds or is there a system to it? We didn't buy in until the end of April 09, perhaps this section was under development at the time? And I wonder if this has any effect on the room you will be given when making a ressie?

I tried to look at your link, but you need to have a login, which I don't:confused3

Thanks again for all your information!!!!

After viewing deeds recorded for BLT, I suspect that units are assigned to buyers' deeds in a "random, but orderly" manner. DVD appears to randomly assign new contracts to a handful of Units until most of the points are distributed. Once those Units are "full", DVD seems to move on to another handful of Units. Units 38a, 38b, and 38c were recently declared for DVC in July, and I would suspect that DVD might start assigning people to those Units fairly soon.

Of course, much depends on the UY requested by the buyer and the UY assigned to a Unit by DVD. If a buyer demands a March UY, then he/she will be assigned either Unit 02b, 03a, 10a, or 82a, which are the only Units with March UY so far, or a brand new unit that has yet to be assigned. If you look at dizfan's post #67, Units 02b and 03a are close to being sold out, but Unit 10a has almost 24,000 points left. So, the chances that a new March UY buyer would be assigned 02b or 03a is probably quite low.

The Unit assigned to your contract has no bearing on your reservation. But since I have a 0.6005% interest in Unit 87a, which is Grand Villa, I can't help but think the light bulb in the refrigerator in that fancy villa is mine, all mine!

As best we can determine, the standard views are all the villas on the 1st and 2nd floors; the MK views are on floors 3-15 and only on the center part of BLT's crescent that faces the Magic Kingdom. Everything else will be Lake View villas. BTW - I think some of the Lake View villas on BLT's northern crescent (North is to the left when facing BLT's main entrance) facing away from the pool have incredible views of MK. See photo and postings in this thread on the DVC Planning Board: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Keep in mind, this is just a very educated guess based on reports from 1st time visitors and earlier estimates of the mix of BLT's standard, LV, and MK room counts.

Thank you for the info and all the hard work you put into this thread!
In your opinion would it seem that the rooms inside of the c shape would be less desireable than on the outside? I would have thought that they would be standard view and lake wiew would be everything else above the 3rd that isn't MK view.
Thanks again.:goodvibes

In your opinion would it seem that the rooms inside of the c shape would be less desireable than on the outside? I would have thought that they would be standard view and lake wiew would be everything else above the 3rd that isn't MK view.
Thanks again.:goodvibes

I could see why some might think the villas on the outside of BLT's crescent are more desirable than those on the inside. You might see the Magic Kingdom, the monorail, Seven Seas Lagoon, the CR, and perhaps even Epcot from an "outside" room, while an "inside" room has the pool and Bay Lake, and as LuvAriel states in Post 110 below, views of Epcot. But we all have different tastes and I can understand why some will be quite happy to have an "inside" room.

I wonder if, or when, we might see DVD tweak the BLT points chart to respond to villa demand by members. Or if, or when, DVD might recategorize which villas constitute an MK view, a LK view, or a standard view. But that is a subject for a different thread.

This afternoon, I updated the BLT documented sales information in post 67 of this thread.
Also wanted to point out that it sound like phase 1 will be used as a model. I forget the site, but they are saying BLT will have a model on the first floor available to from 2-4pm by appointment only.

Thanks for doing the update! This might be the link you are referring to:

http://dvcnews.com/content/view/1000/1/

The Unit assigned to your contract has no bearing on your reservation. But since I have a 0.6005% interest in Unit 87a, which is Grand Villa, I can't help but think the light bulb in the refrigerator in that fancy villa is mine, all mine!

I own a 0.8147% interest in unit 13A (160 points / Aug. UY if anyone cares). That appears to be a lockoff, so I like to think I own not only the doorknob but also the artwork in studio #7226 (at least I think that might be the room number, and speculation makes it sound like a MK view but under the monorail :confused3...)! :rotfl:

I wonder if, or when, we might see DVD tweak the BLT points chart to respond to villa demand by members. Or if, or when, DVD might recategorize which villas constitute an MK view, a LK view, or a standard view. But that is a subject for a different thread.

I was wondering the same thing, since a lot of great MK view/lake view pics are coming in.... Wondered if those rooms would change to MK view instead of lake...

Hi I just got back & haven't had time to upload photo's but, I was in room 7911, Bay lake view. I was on the inside of the "C" & LOVED my view.

I could see the pool, the lake, Epcot, & Downtown Disney Character in Flight Baloon.

I loved it!!!

8/16/2009: I updated the chart in Post #78 to show three more BLT units have appeared on deeds recorded at the OCC website.

Updated BLT documented sales information in post #67 of this thread.

11808 BLT contracts recorded, 1,965,641 points sold

I updated the chart in Post #78, page 6, to reflect three more Units that have appeared on recorded deeds at the OCC website. BLT now has 60 Units with February UY. The other seven months have only 37 Units between them, with 10 declared Units not yet being used by DVD.

FYI -- just got my deed and it shows Unit 33A, which seems the unit de jour for June UYs.

I wonder whether Feburary use years will phase out a bit in the next couple of months. Right now, if you buy a February use year, you only have a couple of months to bank your 2009 points, although you do get your next year's points very quickly.

FYI -- just got my deed and it shows Unit 33A, which seems the unit de jour for June UYs.

I wonder whether Feburary use years will phase out a bit in the next couple of months. Right now, if you buy a February use year, you only have a couple of months to bank your 2009 points, although you do get your next year's points very quickly.

Unit 33a is right in the middle of BLT's crescent. Its a 2-bedroom dedicated villa with an MK view. According to work2play's thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082), it looks like you have villa 7622 on the 6th floor!

I keep thinking we'll see the last of the February UYs, but they keep showing up on the recorded deeds. I think you are right that the banking issue might push new contracts in other UY. However, I've read on the disboards that Disney has been known to give buyers a small grace period/extension to bank points, especially if its the difference between making or not making a sale.

So if I have an upcoming ressie in a BL view studio, what room numbers should I be looking for if I would like a view overlooking the CR as well?

So if I have an upcoming ressie in a BL view studio, what room numbers should I be looking for if I would like a view overlooking the CR as well?

work2play has a very informative thread on the DVC-Planning board in which she has mapped out the Bay Lake Tower by room number and view type (see http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082). If you want a Lake View room that looks toward the Contemporary Resort, then you want a room on the outer side of the southern portion of BLT's crescent. It appears these rooms have even numbers starting with xx32 and above. You probably want to stay away from the odd number rooms because they are on the inside of BLT's crescent and face the pool.

Hope this information helps!

YAY! My deed just showed up on the official website! Ever since you posted the link to it, I've been checking daily. We're supposed to close on 9/5, (my birthday) we're getting closer!

Latest posts

facebook twitter