Whats a fridge swap?

ShellyLynn3630

DIS Veteran
Can someone explain to me what the fridge swap is? We will be at All Star Sports in Septemer the 20th-28th and my mother in law needs something for her insulin. I just wonder if this could benefit us in some way. I really have no idea what a fridge swap is.

Can someone explain to me what the fridge swap is? We will be at All Star Sports in Septemer the 20th-28th and my mother in law needs something for her insulin. I just wonder if this could benefit us in some way. I really have no idea what a fridge swap is.

These are usually located on the budget boards...you swap a fridge with a previous guest that is checking out...while YOU the new guest is checking in!
I started a Mr Coffee swap at Pop last March in 07, (I just donated it brand new, have no time for all the work that is involved with Disers and scheduling!

The only thing I would recommend is not to partake in the Undies Swap!;) :lmao:

I believe that you would be eligible for a free fridge at your resort, as you stated you needed it for medical reasons. The last I knew Disney did not charge the normal $10 a fee day if you need the fridge for a medical reason - and I believe medication that needs refrigerated qualifies. I would check into that first, before going through the hassle of a fridge swap.

I am going to be requesting a medical refrig. I am traveling with my mom and we need it for her medication. In my experience.. It is not the same fridge that you would get if you rented one. I believe it is smaller & there is no freezer compartment..Last time when she traveled with me 2 yrs ago we did this and there was no charge.

I looked into the fridge swap and it was not available for 2 nights during our stay so I think we'll just request a medical one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter